Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 08:36 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,298,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
He did no such thing.He made us less safe if anything. He broke down the basics of our rule of law and civility that this nation was founded on and escaped from England's grasp in the first place for and with his illegal attack of an innocent self governing nation he made it easier to spark hatred for the U.S. and allow the REAL "terrists" to use that as a recruiting tool.

If you are going to say he "kept us safe" because of no more attacks on U.S. soil during his watch,then you have to blame him FOR 9/11 because it happened on his watch.You extremists can't have it both ways.

Where do people such as yourself get that skewed way of thinking? Limbaugh perhaps?
Wait a minute.

So if 9/11 happened on Bush's watch and it was his fault then you are now telling me that anything that happens on that particular Presidents watch his ALL HIS fault then correct.

Keep what you said in mind as I watch the moron Obama and his little robots blame Bush for everything wrong today.

This country is a a meltdown, and its is now OBAMAS WATCH and he is the cause of it all.

Now one more thing for you, people hate America because of our freedoms, they hated us before Bush and will hate us after Bush.

In fact, Clinton caused more to hate us then Bush did with his policies.

So your saying the terrorist hated us more because of the Iraq War? No, they hated us more because someone with balls defeated them at wanting to destroy America and anyone who had freedoms like we have.

I thought 9/11 happened before that or are you getting mixed up again?

So as of right now under the OBAMA WATCH we have already been threatened of an attack from NK and we are watching a government shoot innocent people in the streets and the leader mad as hell at Obama and you would call that OBAMAS FAULT because it is happening on his watch right?

OBAMAS WATCH - LIBERALS totally CONTROL CONGRESS

SO THIS IS A TOTAL OBAMA AND A LIBERAL controlled COUNTRY SINCE
Jan 20, 2009. ( Libs have had control since 2007 and you can see the difference easily anyway )

With your theory then anything that happens or happened after Jan 20 is ALL OBAMAS baby right?

Forclosures up
Job losses UP ( way up under Obama )
Bankruptcies up
Businesses going out of business up
Suicides up
Divorce rate up
Energy cost up
Loss of soliders lives up

Want me to continue, afterall you are the one who said this is OBAMAS WATCH.

So far, this country is going to hell in a hurry under the OBAMA WATCH.

Might as well bring Bush back in, we were far better off and were not threatening to be nuked under Bush.

I am still waiting on Obamas little tea party with NK and Iran, when is it going to happen?? Guess we were right all along, no one wants to have a cup of tea with the village idiot.

Thanks to Obama, both of those countries now hate us more then ever before.

OBAMAS WATCH

and we are watching the scam artist morons every move too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 08:36 PM

37,158 posts, read 19,160,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh....so 4 muslims prancing into a store to purchase a ton of fertilizer would go unnoticed now?

Four people scattered in a city with 20 garden supply stores could buy a lot more than a ton in 50 pound bags in one afternoon without attracting the least bit of attention.

Yep, we've had open borders for 30 years.

And somewhere between twelve and twenty million illegal immigrants to prove it. If they could get across, terrorists could certainly get across.

We won't talk about only ten per cent of the cargo containers coming into the ports being inspected, any one of which would hold two bombs the size on the one dropped on Hiroshima. One of those babies detonated in a major port such as Seattle, New York, or Boston would effectively shut the country down.

You're serious? You must be aware that ALL counter-terrorism experts in the field ASSURED us that we would be attacked again. Don't remember that?

What did you think they were going to tell you, that the terrorists had all had a change of heart and joined the Peace Corps? If there were no terrorists, the "experts" would have no more jobs, because they wouldn't be needed. Ditto Bush. His main stock in trade was trying to sell fear, because a scared people can be led around by their noses. Without fear, he could never have passed the so-called "Patriot Act" that set American freedom back two hundred and fifty years.

Do you realize how utterly lame that claim is? Are for the express reason to deny the truth - Bush kept us safe when everybody thought we would be hit again.

The only way Bush ever kept us safe was when he took a vacation, which he mercifully did to the tune of 879 days in eight years.

Thank God we didn't get all the president we paid for.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The only way Bush ever kept us safe was when he took a vacation, which he mercifully did to the tune of 879 days in eight years.

Thank God we didn't get all the president we paid for.

At least he did not spend half of that time flying around the world with hate Americans speeches like the village idiot is doing.

Hasnt Obama spend more time out of the country then in so far?

Oh no, I forgot the 300,000.00 fly to NY date night that Bush never took.

Afterall one of the loon posters here said the President should take as many days off as he can to relax and think. It is ok for Obama to do that but was not for Bush according to libs.

How the rules change under Obama. Uhmmmm.

Bush kept us safe and helped me grow my business that Bill Clinton nearly destroyed with all his taxes. Thanks to the Bush tax cuts for small businesses my business grew like a rocket under Bush. Thank goodness I sold it when I knew Obama was coming into office as he would have destroyed it like Clinton nearly did.

Small businesses thrive under rep controlled America, small businesses die under libs controlled American. That means loss of jobs. Look around Obama and his lib controlled congress are about 400,000 inthe hole in jobs since they took over.

Wait for the new tax hike and repeal of the Bush tax cuts, you will see massive jobs losses all caused by Obama.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:51 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,069,300 times
Like I said, there's no getting through to this guy. His inherent and unchangable biases cloud any judgement or anything he's counter-debating. He probably thinks FDR was a terrible president and that Coolidge and Harding were good.

Old 06-27-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

Oh no, I forgot the 300,000.00 fly to NY date night that Bush never took.

You also conveniently forgot the 12 million dollars that it cost to fly Bush back and forth to Crawford on vacation so he could cut brush. A good yard service would have been a lot cheaper, especially if they hired some of W's illegal immigrants.

Wait for the new tax hike and repeal of the Bush tax cuts, you will see massive jobs losses all caused by Obama.
The Bush tax cuts were not repealed. They were allowed to expire, which is a good thing. They were paid for with borrowed money, and I KNOW how much you hate deficit spending.

Old 06-27-2009, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The Bush tax cuts were not repealed. They were allowed to expire, which is a good thing. They were paid for with borrowed money, and I KNOW how much you hate deficit spending.

Bush tax cuts grew my business big time. I was able to hire more people and pay better wages under Bush.

You really do not want to talk about borrowed money, your boy Obama is borrowing us into 2100!!!

Old 06-28-2009, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Bush tax cuts grew my business big time. I was able to hire more people and pay better wages under Bush.

You really do not want to talk about borrowed money, your boy Obama is borrowing us into 2100!!!
I just did.

How is one justifiable and the other not?

Is is because you personally benefitted from one, and the other will allow others to benefit as well?

Last edited by cuebald; 06-28-2009 at 04:40 AM..

Old 06-28-2009, 05:24 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,540,646 times
Cool so there smarty pants?

Quote:
...so there smarty pants.
After reading this, I knew I wasn't in the company of a rational person!

Old 06-28-2009, 05:39 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,540,646 times
Thumbs down It's getting too schoolyard here, folks...

Please, name-calling, too?

Look, there has yet to be a perfect person in office, since Washington -- yes, even HE had his faults.

Anyone who thinks any ONE person can make any difference to the tide of events in his first year has extremely naive expectations. Sorry, despite your wish to blame someone, ANYONE -- even Bush, my friends, NO ONE can turn around anything in a country this size, that fast.

Unfortunately, 9/11 did play into Bush's agenda -- and yes, he actually DID publish his agenda prior to his election. He set his cabinet up from his father's cronies, to support it. Less than a week prior to 9/11, he couldn't be bothered to come in from his golf game to deal with pressing Israeli/Palestinian conflicts, and the Saudi-supported Obama decided that NO ONE was on watch, so he took his shot. He probably didn't know it was the excuse Bush was waiting for, but it DID give the former administration the fuel to flame American fears into letting him get away with beefing up the military complex industrialists that felt cheated by the early end to his father's war.

As for the economy, as I recall, the country had a financial surplus and the economy was in its best recorded state EVER, when Bush was elected. He managed to pump it all into war games across the planet, most of which went into his buddies' bank accounts. Does it surprise you that the price of fuel went up during the administration of a man in the OIL business?

I am not going to pander to the Liberal/Conservative arguments. Facts are facts, regardless of your political orientation. We got the government we voted for in every administration. I don't deny that I hated Bush and thought him evil, but it wasn't because of his party or those that supported him.

So, in closing, say what you like, but if you have to resort to name-calling and schoolyard comments, don't you really have to take a look at why you are being so defensive?

Old 06-28-2009, 08:20 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,921,017 times
Quote:
The fact that terrorist groups are recruting more than ever before, and the fact that more countries across the globe now more than ever have low opinions of America. If that doesn't make us less safe than before, what does?
Are they really? Where are all the jihadists then? Are you talking about the ones that went to fight in Iraq? Ummmm....most of those didn't make it out - and the rest ran for their lives.

Brilliant strategy, don't you think?

Last edited by sanrene; 06-28-2009 at 08:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections