Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 09:14 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,208,918 times

Advertisements

We can do any number of things to try
to change our fortunes. Until we come
to grips with some fundamental math,
however, the numbers simply do not
add up to the GOP prevailing in a national
election any time soon.

My GOP: Too old, too white to win | Salon

Kind of seeing the writing on the wall?

Old 07-20-2009, 09:26 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,629,228 times
Racism against old people and white people seems to be popular with liberals these days, and of course, Dukester never misses a chance to jump on the "hate old whitey" bandwagon.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:36 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,328,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Racism against old people and white people seems to be popular with liberals these days, and of course, Dukester never misses a chance to jump on the "hate old whitey" bandwagon.
I'm pretty confident that playing the "white male victim" card isn't going to help your situation. Minorities and younger voters are voting for the Dems by an overwhelming margin. There are many reasons for this, not the least of which includes the reality that the GOP does very little for anyone who isn't white, rich and earning the majority of their income off of their portfolio (I.E. old). The facts are the facts.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:38 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,208,918 times
Gee, no mention of racism in my OP right? Just make mention to facts, right? Your tent is certainly small so don't exactly see this as a racist post just pointing to the facts...

Old 07-20-2009, 09:41 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
You are so right, TX, about the racism and even more right about Duke. I kept reading that thing and couldn't find much that wasn't pointing to the fact that Obama is not white and that got him elected. I didn't see any mention of the OMG voters that voted for him because he was black, and for no other reason. I guess the folks at Salon haven't heard about those people. One of my best friends, who is 67, voted for Obama because of Change and within two months of his reign was talking about the mistake he made.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:57 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,981,825 times
With all of the Racist stuff I heard from the horses (Limbaugh) mouth.

Like a Reverse Racist. What the heck is that?

The Repubs took it like a Baton an ran with it. They listen to racists, so that's a reason why I left the party.

It appears minorities are not wanted.

Until that changes, I don't see a reason to come back.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:23 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
With all of the Racist stuff I heard from the horses (Limbaugh) mouth.

Like a Reverse Racist. What the heck is that?

The Repubs took it like a Baton an ran with it. They listen to racists, so that's a reason why I left the party.

It appears minorities are not wanted.

Until that changes, I don't see a reason to come back.
Just out of curiosity: which party has an African-American chair? Which administration had an African-American Secretary of State? The Supreme Court has one sitting African-American Justice. Who nominated him?

I agree with you that the GOP needs to do a better job of addressing the needs and sensitivities of minorities, but I think it is unreasonable to claim that the party does not recognize people of color and place them in positions of real power.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:29 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,074,281 times
Quote:
Old people are a race?

Old 07-20-2009, 10:31 AM

439 posts, read 443,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
We can do any number of things to try
to change our fortunes. Until we come
to grips with some fundamental math,
however, the numbers simply do not
add up to the GOP prevailing in a national
election any time soon.

My GOP: Too old, too white to win | Salon

Kind of seeing the writing on the wall?
Only if people vote on the basis of skin color.

To those of us who vote based on policies and ideas and ignore skin color , there is no party or candidate who is 'too white' or 'too black' or 'too brown' or 'too red' to win an election.

It amazes me how Democrats who claim to be the champions of civil rights are the most racist of parties.

But then I recall their history.

They were formed as a pro-slavery party in the 1830's.

They fought the Civil War to preserve slavery.

They instituted Jim Crow laws after the war.

The 'Solid South' was solidly Democratic for 100 years opposing equal rights for blacks.

They were the organizers of the KKK which terrorized blacks and Republicans and anyone who opposed them politically.

Their most senior Senator to this day is KKK supporter Robert Byrd.

Bill Clinton cut his political teeth as an aide to segregationist William Fulbright.

And the list goes on.

Democrats have a history of dividing this country on the basis of race, and they are very good at it.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:40 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
Everything about the Democratic Party changed when President Lyndon Johnson signed the Voting Rights Act. This told the southern white racist Democrats that they were no longer welcome in the party.

Everything changed about the Republican Party when Ronnie Raygun adopted the borrow and spend policy and tripled the amount of military spending on such great programs as the "Star Wars" boondoggle. This told fiscally conservative "pay as you go" Republicans that they were no longer welcome in the speculators party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections