Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 04:23 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,613,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
whoever actually discusses issues gets my vote. This means-no ads about duck-shooting, wind-surfing, spring break flings from 20 years ago. First candidate submitting sound bytes like that is out.

(Of course, I realize in our media trash culture this is probably too lofty a goal.)

sunny
That's one of the reasons I was behind Rudy so much.

Unfortunately, I'm now at a point where I think we need to make a hard left in order to go straight

~T
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2007, 04:29 PM

793 posts, read 3,121,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And if you think the current system is going to give anyone other than one of the phony fat cats a realistic chance at election I've got a lovely bridge in Brooklyn you might be interested in
Ha! No deal. I may be a realist as to the ways of the world, but when it comes to its future, I'm a quixotic, "pie in the sky", utopian, out-of-touch, romanticizing fruit cake and am not rational enough to take on such wagers. No politician is as "out of touch" with the voters and the constituents like I am!

Old 04-20-2007, 04:30 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,591,034 times
Think we'll have to hear about peoples affairs from 20 years ago?. In Tennessee they tried to segregate the two senate candidates bcs one went to some frat party. I was so disgusted- didnt even vote for local election.

Old 04-20-2007, 04:46 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times
Well YAP , this is exactly what I was talking about on the thread about supreme court justices! I do believe you are politically schizophrenic, Rudy and Mrs Bill Clinton may not be polar opposites but they certainly are on the far ends of the political spectrum on most issues !

Old 04-20-2007, 04:57 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,613,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Well YAP , this is exactly what I was talking about on the thread about supreme court justices! I do believe you are politically schizophrenic, Rudy and Mrs Bill Clinton may not be polar opposites but they certainly are on the far ends of the political spectrum on most issues !
I know, and YOU were the first person I thought of when I heard the news, lol.

Uggh, I NEVER thought this would happen. Not in a million years.

Sorry Rudy, I'm siding with the Chick, lol

~T

Old 04-20-2007, 05:01 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
I know, and YOU were the first person I thought of when I heard the news, lol.

Uggh, I NEVER thought this would happen. Not in a million years.

Sorry Rudy, I'm siding with the Chick, lol

~T

Don't give up hope--with eighteen months to go there must be a good chance we haven't seen all the contestants yet.

Old 04-20-2007, 06:00 PM

267 posts, read 533,551 times
why vote for a party when you can vote for an individual? There are independent candidate too, you must realize? That way you'll have someone more concerned about doing presidential duties and not helping out their party. Someone of the people, truly.

I would never vote for Hilary Clinton....I like my video games, you see.

Old 04-20-2007, 06:07 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virote View Post
why vote for a party when you can vote for an individual? There are independent candidate too, you must realize? That way you'll have someone more concerned about doing presidential duties and not helping out their party. Someone of the people, truly.

I would never vote for Hilary Clinton....I like my video games, you see.
Which independent candidate could you recomend that has a snowballs chance in hell to be elected?

Old 04-20-2007, 06:11 PM

341 posts, read 1,486,955 times
Vote? For Hillary? * Grabs own right arm..then clamps hand over heart...makes gurking & gacking sounds...lurches over..falls to knees..eyes roll to back of head...falls over dead*

Old 04-20-2007, 06:11 PM

5 posts, read 13,548 times
Default What's wrong with Hillary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowXOR View Post
Just remember, left is right, right is wrong.

Vote Obama...I don't like Hilary but if she gets the ticket it will be better than a Republican.
I love Obama too- the man has his head screwed on straight and it makes me feel a little bit hopeful.

But I am curious why you don't like Hillary?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections