Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2007, 05:43 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,258,745 times

Advertisements

Barack Obama and Hillary have been courting Al Sharpton pretty heavily which to me is unbelievable. Al seems more like a liability than an asset. But I guess anything for a vote. Anyhew, yesterday Obama and Al were at a speaking engagement together and Al's cell phone rang. In a moment of great comic timing Obama asks: "Is that Hillary calling?" It was classic and shows that Hillary is going to have her hands full in this race.

Of course it was so perfect it momentarily crossed my mind, was this a set up? Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2007, 02:29 PM

90 posts, read 264,609 times
Remember "politics makes for strange bedfellows"........

Old 04-22-2007, 02:35 PM

1,398 posts, read 7,705,053 times
It was a set up....do you actually think they'd be at the podium with a cell phone turned on ?? I'm sure a plant called on cue.

Old 04-22-2007, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown View Post
It was a set up....do you actually think they'd be at the podium with a cell phone turned on ?? I'm sure a plant called on cue.
Good, I'm glad I am not the only skeptic. But yes, ole Al doesnt strike me as the most thoughtful person and I believe he wouldn't see anything wrong with leaving his cell phone on because he is The Rev Al!

Old 04-23-2007, 08:27 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,831,896 times
Hillary will most likely get the nomination, as Obama is going way far to the left and Hillary is moving to the center.

What elects people in national races are the INDEPENDENTS, not the far left or the far right. Gore got slammed in states where Clinton did well. Why? Because Gore is in the far, far left and moderates and independents wnated a more middle-of-the-road guy like Bush. Bush is a moderate conservative in many, many ways and the public liked that.

Obama will soon learn that "pull out of Iraq tomorrow morning" policy will not beat Hillary's "I will stay just a bit longer after the election but want to pull out ASAP". That is what mainstream America wants. They want a pullout ASAP, but don't wants a disaster to happen.

Obama has a lot of hype right now because of the liberal media and because the far left of the party is rallying for him. But Hillary, the "establishment candidate" has the ability to raise more funds and is more middle-of-the-road than Obama.

Again, if Obama gets the primary, he will lose on the general election by a far far wider margin than Kerry did.

Did you Democrats learn anything from 2000 and 2004? AMERICANS DO NOT ELECT LIBERAL CANDIDATES (ie. Kerry, Gore, Obama, etc)! THEY LIKE MODERATS! That is why Bill Clinton got into office in the first place. He was pretending to be a moderate and people bought into it. Hillary is doing the same and will most likely get the Dem nomination.

Obama also have 0 experience. He is a freshman Senator. And Hillary will seize on that.

Old 04-23-2007, 08:33 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy
Bush is a moderate conservative in many, many ways and the public liked that.
No, Bush CAMPAIGNED as a "moderate conservative" and the public has not liked what they GOT! Talk about the bait and switch!

Old 04-23-2007, 08:44 AM

I don't know, I think Hillary has her hands full with Obama. . . The democrats better hope it doesn't get too ugly or it could benefit the republicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections