U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 06:32 PM
am2 am2 started this thread

413 posts, read 745,483 times

Advertisements

Think Pres. Obama is doing good? fair? poor? If yes, will he get re-elected or be a one term president? Who are the GOP frontrunners?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 07:11 PM

2,603 posts, read 4,283,924 times
He will get re-elected easily unless the Republicans come up with a decent candidate. But shouldn't this be on the politics forum?

Old 07-31-2009, 11:02 AM

41,492 posts, read 51,413,364 times
Yeah, it should be, but this forum is about elections isn't it.

I expect the recovery program will have started to take effect by late 2011 and into 2012. The result should be a re-election campaign. Then the recovery will result in good times in 2016 with another Democrat being elected.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:32 PM

310 posts, read 592,287 times
...Or it won't work and we'll hopefully at least take back the House and Senate and give him the hard time Bush had to deal with for the later part of his Presidency.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:57 PM

12,671 posts, read 21,068,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by am2 View Post
Think Pres. Obama is doing good? fair? poor? If yes, will he get re-elected or be a one term president? Who are the GOP frontrunners?
He is doing a excellent job.

He is going to sweep the next elections to victory.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:02 PM

16,133 posts, read 20,836,456 times
Fair, but Biden may retire and Obama's successor be his running mate

Foley Craig 2012 for the GOP at the rate they are going they'll be lucky to come in 2nd

I''d support almost any other party who fields a candidate who can read or write

Old 08-01-2009, 08:37 AM

34,696 posts, read 33,714,187 times
It depends on timing:

1. inflation

2. unemployment levels and whether "the rich" have to lay people off because of Democrats strangling small businesses. It might behoove small business owners to tell employees specifically why they had to let them go.

3. whether cap and trade is passed, people spend more money on food, clothes, electricity, etc., as part of the pass down costs by businesses impact and whether Republicans can effectively warn people that the price of everything is going up because of Democrat cap and trade.

4. whether Obamacare kicks in before the election and tries to modify personal behavior and creates a bossy, intrusive and bureaucratic nightmare for sick, hurt and/or elderly individuals and their families...and whether Republicans go along with it.

5. whether "smart grid" kicks in and creates a loss of individual control in people's homes.

6. whether some other crisis, real or manufactured, inserts itself into people's daily lives thus turning their attention from all of the other things in this post.

7. whether there is any real or perceived notion of unfairness as applied to ALL of "the Obama change." This would include, but not be limited to, benefits for illegal aliens at the cost or detriment to Americans.

8. whether the Republicans can get their act together and not offer up some Democrat-lite candidate.

Old 08-01-2009, 03:14 PM

1,959 posts, read 5,916,722 times
One of the best posts i seen in a long time! I agree! Would love to see obama voted out due to his destruction of America and the fact that in 26 weeks he spent more money then G Bush did in 8 years! But overall great post!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
It depends on timing:

1. inflation

2. unemployment levels and whether "the rich" have to lay people off because of Democrats strangling small businesses. It might behoove small business owners to tell employees specifically why they had to let them go.

3. whether cap and trade is passed, people spend more money on food, clothes, electricity, etc., as part of the pass down costs by businesses impact and whether Republicans can effectively warn people that the price of everything is going up because of Democrat cap and trade.

4. whether Obamacare kicks in before the election and tries to modify personal behavior and creates a bossy, intrusive and bureaucratic nightmare for sick, hurt and/or elderly individuals and their families...and whether Republicans go along with it.

5. whether "smart grid" kicks in and creates a loss of individual control in people's homes.

6. whether some other crisis, real or manufactured, inserts itself into people's daily lives thus turning their attention from all of the other things in this post.

7. whether there is any real or perceived notion of unfairness as applied to ALL of "the Obama change." This would include, but not be limited to, benefits for illegal aliens at the cost or detriment to Americans.

8. whether the Republicans can get their act together and not offer up some Democrat-lite candidate.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:25 PM

19,872 posts, read 22,798,190 times
He's doing a terrific job and the country is well on the way to recovery - and by 2012 things will be looking MUCH better. The result is Obama will win in a landslide (I'll go out on a limb here and predict the biggest ever (a risky prediction I know, but I think that will be the case)).

Ken

Old 08-03-2009, 08:30 PM

13,238 posts, read 24,446,503 times
I think Obama is doing a good job. I did not agree with the financial bailout (Bush's clock) or the stimulus package, but as a lesser of two evils, I'd rather our tax money go to those things as opposed to going to the business of killing people.

I think the economy's woes occurring during the beginning of his presidency is nothing less than an advantage. If the economy is turned around by 2012 (it probably will be), voters won't have much of a reason to vote him out.

I think the only current, reasonable, possible Republican candidate is Mitt Romney. The thought of Sarah Palin having any sort of chance is simply nauseating -- I really hope our nation's voters have more sense than that, but a small part of me tells me I might be wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections