Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 04:24 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times

Advertisements

I've been waiting for someone else to start a thread about the 911 call to the Cambridge Police. I don't like to start threads, because then I feel I have to write something intelligent and thought provoking!

Anyway, please show me where there is any mention of race, except when the 911 operator asks the caller if the men are White, Black or Hispanic for identification purposes.

Please show me where a caller reported a burglary in progress, except to say an older neighbor was concerned.

I hope Ms Whalens sues every news source....and the President as well!
(can you do that?)

[URL="http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/27/raw-data-transcript-cambridge/"]RAW DATA: Transcript of Cambridge 911 Call - Political News - FOXNews.com[/URL]

By the way, for me to quote something from Fox is like Huckabee reading from the Qur'an, but it's only a transcript. [URL="http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/27/raw-data-transcript-cambridge/"]
[/URL]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 04:36 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I've been waiting for someone else to start a thread about the 911 call to the Cambridge Police. I don't like to start threads, because then I feel I have to write something intelligent and thought provoking!

Anyway, please show me where there is any mention of race, except when the 911 operator asks the caller if the men are White, Black or Hispanic for identification purposes.

Please show me where a caller reported a burglary in progress, except to say an older neighbor was concerned.

I hope Ms Whalens sues every news source....and the President as well!
(can you do that?)

RAW DATA: Transcript of Cambridge 911 Call - Political News - FOXNews.com

By the way, for me to quote something from Fox is like Huckabee reading from the Qur'an, but it's only a transcript.

I started a thread earlier today asking Who is responsible for making the media responsible. One news organzation starts a story...then ALL just jump on the band wagon without any investigation. Isn't this why Dan Rather was let go?

Old 07-27-2009, 04:46 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
The liberal media along with their messiah hussein obama have been pushing the racial agenda since hussein obama anounced he was running for office. They want racial tensions. Like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, Democrats and liberal media get a lot of milage and money from pitting blacks against whites.

Old 07-27-2009, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
The liberal media along with their messiah hussein obama have been pushing the racial agenda since hussein obama anounced he was running for office. They want racial tensions. Like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, Democrats and liberal media get a lot of milage and money from pitting blacks against whites.

Put the racial montogue away. EVERY FREAKIN NEWS Organization JUMPED on this story FULL DAMN THROTTLE even your MESSIAH fox. NOT ONE checked the facts...The woman NEVER said black man...NEVER...Fox recited the story just like CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC ect. Make sure when you jump on the high moral horse and start pointing fingers, make sure you use all 10 to point to every damn news organization. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

Last edited by blackandproud; 07-27-2009 at 05:01 PM..

Old 07-27-2009, 04:55 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
I started a thread earlier today asking Who is responsible for making the media responsible. One news organzation starts a story...then ALL just jump on the band wagon without any investigation. Isn't this why Dan Rather was let go?
Sorry, I used the search feature on the forum, but maybe I didn't use enough key words.

By the way, remember when Reagan Aide James Brady was pronounced dead on the TV news?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Put the racial montogue away. EVERY FREAKIN NEWS Organization JUMPED on this story FULL DAMN THROTTLE even your MESSIAH fox. NOT ONE checked the facts...The woman NEVER said black man...NEVER...Fox recited the story just like CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC ect. Make sure when you jump on the high moral hourse and start pointing fingers, make sure you use all 10 to point to every damn news organization. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.
Yes, you're right. That's why I said "every" news source. Fox is usually the worst, but this time CNN and MSNBC couldn't wait to jump on the story.

Old 07-27-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Sorry, I used the search feature on the forum, but maybe I didn't use enough key words.

By the way, remember when Reagan Aide James Brady was pronounced dead on the TV news?

Yes, its just amazing.
A couple of weeks ago, (can't remember which thread) I made a comment about the media and these so called pundits that are keeping this racial fire going...I was told to get off the soapbox. EVERY news organization feels the need to sensationalize anything and everything dealing with Black and White.

You have Radio and television Pundits making racial and flaming comments, then you have those that claim to be representing the "People" making racist, flaming, juvenile and idiotic comments to keep these issues going.

Old 07-27-2009, 05:23 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,739 times
I am quite satisfied that this transcript has been made available. Now we can finally put to rest the allegations of profiling and just let this story go where it belonged in the first place. This should not have been national news. This was a simple misunderstanding, and I am glad to see these concerned citizens finally vindicated. The woman didn't even know what color these men were. All she could say was one looked Hipanic. There was no profiling, just a routine call to the police over a suspected break in. It happens all the time, and thankfully this time it was just a man having trouble getting into his house. All to often, situations like this turn out to be the real thing, and a lot of lives are put in danger, including the police, the witnesses, and the alledged perpetrators.

I believe Obama should come forward and make it known that this was not a race crime, and that Mr. Gates was not the victim of discrimination. He was simply caught in the middle of a big misunderstanding. I keep reading stories where this man keeps telling the press how this event shows that racism and profiling are still alive and well in America. Well, I don't doubt that it happens. But that was not the case in this situation and frankly, with every new piece of information it becomes more and more apparent that Mr. Gates could have avoided all of this by simply cooperating with the police. The only discriminatory rhetoric I have heard actually came from his own mouth, when he declined to come out and show his ID. He said, "Why, because I am a black man in America" To me, this shows an immediate dislike for the white officer and an immediate assumption that he was being questioned just because he was black. It couldn't possibly be because a neighbor phoned police worried someone was breaking into his house.

It was and is a ridiculous set of events, and I will be glad when it is forgotten and we can all get back to pretty much getting along. There will always be bad eggs out there, but for the most part, we all just want to live our lives and we mostly get along with whoever. Racism will never disappear, but I'll be damn if we aren't working hard at it. Don't let these stories from the media discourage you. They are just reporting what they are told to report. Our leaders want us at each other's throats, because they don't want us on the same team. They need to keep us divided in order to continue ruling us the way they have for the last century. So forget the media and forget the racists. Let's just keep going along with our lives like normal and continue building meaningful friendships with people of every color and creed. Then eventually, no one will care when stories like this surface because they will know it is a random act of stupidity and hatred. Together, we can stand.

Old 07-27-2009, 05:41 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,135,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I am quite satisfied that this transcript has been made available. Now we can finally put to rest the allegations of profiling and just let this story go where it belonged in the first place. This should not have been national news. This was a simple misunderstanding, and I am glad to see these concerned citizens finally vindicated. The woman didn't even know what color these men were. All she could say was one looked Hipanic. There was no profiling, just a routine call to the police over a suspected break in. It happens all the time, and thankfully this time it was just a man having trouble getting into his house. All to often, situations like this turn out to be the real thing, and a lot of lives are put in danger, including the police, the witnesses, and the alledged perpetrators.

I believe Obama should come forward and make it known that this was not a race crime, and that Mr. Gates was not the victim of discrimination. He was simply caught in the middle of a big misunderstanding. I keep reading stories where this man keeps telling the press how this event shows that racism and profiling are still alive and well in America. Well, I don't doubt that it happens. But that was not the case in this situation and frankly, with every new piece of information it becomes more and more apparent that Mr. Gates could have avoided all of this by simply cooperating with the police. The only discriminatory rhetoric I have heard actually came from his own mouth, when he declined to come out and show his ID. He said, "Why, because I am a black man in America" To me, this shows an immediate dislike for the white officer and an immediate assumption that he was being questioned just because he was black. It couldn't possibly be because a neighbor phoned police worried someone was breaking into his house.

It was and is a ridiculous set of events, and I will be glad when it is forgotten and we can all get back to pretty much getting along. There will always be bad eggs out there, but for the most part, we all just want to live our lives and we mostly get along with whoever. Racism will never disappear, but I'll be damn if we aren't working hard at it. Don't let these stories from the media discourage you. They are just reporting what they are told to report. Our leaders want us at each other's throats, because they don't want us on the same team. They need to keep us divided in order to continue ruling us the way they have for the last century. So forget the media and forget the racists. Let's just keep going along with our lives like normal and continue building meaningful friendships with people of every color and creed. Then eventually, no one will care when stories like this surface because they will know it is a random act of stupidity and hatred. Together, we can stand.
Let's hope that that's what Obama thought as well, when he suggested that the three of them in the spotlight get together for a beer.

Old 07-27-2009, 05:46 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post

Yea, I would rep you but I cannot.

Someone finally gets what I have been saying.

The election of Obama has caused us 40 years of work all in one day.

I see what they are doing, they are purposely trying to get whites and black fighting.

Remember, when we are one we are powerful, when we are fighting and separate we are weak, sounds like a liberal thing doesnt it?

Make them weak and we can force them to walk the line.

Obama has caused racial tension to spring up.

And opening his mouth before he knew the facts was the perfect example of it.

He only said something because he knew the professor and the professors attorney was the Obamas mentor in college and is a black panther member.

Old 07-28-2009, 06:28 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,042 times
With the speed at which news is now filtered to the public (Twitter, Facebook, Internet, RSS Feeds, etc...) news organizations are not willing to wait to check facts since news can now be spread in an instant. They are afraid of getting "scooped" and instead of sticking with proper news reporting....they are just regurgitating another story and playing the "they said it first" game. If you want the truth.....wait a few hours...THEN check the news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections