Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Did You Vote For?
Obama 81 51.92%
McCain 75 48.08%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 11:23 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,797,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
count me among the ones who are excluded from this poll.
No one is excluded. Majority voted for Obama. Red states turned Blue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 07:19 PM

8,801 posts, read 10,235,741 times
I voted McCain, although I was briefly considering voting for one of the "3rd wheels" as I call them.

There was no way I was voting for Obama, couldn't do it.

Old 08-04-2009, 08:15 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,797,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
I voted McCain, although I was briefly considering voting for one of the "3rd wheels" as I call them.

There was no way I was voting for Obama, couldn't do it.
What was your reason for McCain?

Old 08-05-2009, 09:47 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,332,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Why are there only two candidates listed on this poll? Last time I checked, there were atleast 6 candidates running for president in the last election. One of which was the Libertarian candidate, Bob Barr, whom I voted for. I know it is the agenda of our bi partisan system to keep people in the dark about the fact that there are other choices out there. But please, don't help them by not acknowledging all candidates.

Thank you. I was ready to click the Bob Barr option but it was not there!

Old 08-05-2009, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I voted for McCain and so glad I did, he would have been a great president.

I don't know about that. McCain would be better than Obama b/c Obama is that bad not b/c McCain is that good.

McCain would not have been a great President. He supports Cap and Trade (though not the version passed in the House), supports open borders, opposes ANWR drilling and engineered the TARP bailout amongst other bad things. In his defense, he is an honorable man and has made the right decisions since losing the election (except voting in favor of that silly national service program, which was $5-6 Billion). I was happy to hear he will oppose Sotomayor.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:53 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,184,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailerguy View Post
I voted for Obama and I'm starting to regret it.
I sense this will be a sentiment that will be gaining traction by 2012.

Three years is a lifetime in politics, but if the current trend continues, and if Obama and the Democrats continue to deliver on the "change" they're delivering or intent on delivering right now, then one term wonder comes to mind.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
The Stimilus package was neccessary. Bush did the same thing. Obama passed a bigger package.

This is why the Health Care Reform is there. This is Obama's plan.

You said it yourself. Bush signed a stimulus package that failed. Obama quadrupled down and signed his own stimulus package which has also failed.

Obama's Healthcare reform plan is a joke. It does NOTHING to address tort reform and rising malpractice costs for Physicians and hospitals. It does not allow interstate competition. Both of these measures would lower costs. Obama's plan would only lower costs by denying services.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Then why are we getting out of the recession faster then expected? Why is the Economy growing? Rising Real Estate prices, Stock Market booming infact best run in 2 decades. Fewer job losses, fewer filing for unemployment. Looks like the good times are coming back. Consumer confidence is also up.

Do you really believe this? It's hard for me to believe that anyone could be so misinformed.

We have lost over 3 million jobs since Obama was inaugurated. ADP estimated 371,000 jobs lost in July 2009. The recession is nowhere near ending. We may stop losing jobs by early 2010, but the recovery will be weak. RE prices are way off from their peak and, while they may go up slightly, they will not return to anywhere near their peak. RE prices are still dropping in many local Metro areas. The stock market is still way off from the peak. The rise in the stock market is offset by the weakening currency. The annual budget deficit is $ 2 Trillion. We're having trouble auctioning off our debt and other nations (who happen to be our creditors) are losing faith in our currency.

The job losses were so bad a few months back, that they were bound to slow but I don't see a strong recovery anytime in the near future. Plus the policies that Obama supports (Healthcare reform, Cap and Trade, tax hikes, more regulation, EFCA/card check, etc) are ANTI-growth. They will only make things worse.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:29 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,184,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Obama's Healthcare reform plan is a joke.
That's because it's not a "healthcare reform plan" at all. It's a plan to increase government control over individuals and business, and to make an excuse for further redistribution of wealth.

If the government actually wanted to reform, there are pieces of the health insurance and emergency care systems that could be improved. Frankly, most people have no issue with their doctor or the actual care they receive.

The problem exists for people who don't have insurance and we need to address catastrophic illness so that insurance companies cannot cancel you just at the time you need them most, especially after paying premiums for years. We also need to fix the waste and fraud in medicare and medicaid, both of which are excellent examples of all that is wrong with a government run system.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:35 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,477,772 times
Why not have an option for "neither"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections