Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 03:13 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
That's quite a prediction considering he's been in office for about 200 days and has about 1200 days left. Another way to look at it: He's only about 15% through his term. He has 85% left.
cough... 540 days and approx. 920 to go, give or take a few He's beyond 1/3rd of the way through. Where exactly did you pick up those math skills?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 03:20 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I do, really I do. I want the right to have have another chance at running the country thoroughly into the ground so that once and for all we can rid ourselves of the delusion that they have a clue about what works and what doesn't.
The right did not "run the country thoroughly into the ground."

Old 08-17-2010, 03:20 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
this is the equivalent of beating steven hawkings in an ass-kicking contest.

Old 08-17-2010, 03:27 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,399,983 times
I will stand by my claim.

Sarah was and always will be the Hottest Governor from the Coldest State

Now Sarah, just stand there. Don't talk please

Old 08-17-2010, 03:31 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,991,168 times
SpongeBob could beat Sarah in an election year.

Sarah's biggest fans are liberals and the MSM who never stop stalking her or her daughter and son-in-law. I don't know anybody in the Tea Party or GOP who thinks she's a valid contender for anything other than to act as window dressing.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:39 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
I seriously doubt Palin will be nominated. She's already lost one election for the Republicans and I just can't see them making that mistake again. But then again life is full of surprises.

As Bigskydude said, Obama is just another Jimmy Carter. He's a one-term wonder and his only chance for a second term will be if the Reps nominate Palin.
Then who are the Republicans going to nominate?

Newt Gingrich? Sure the extreme right loves the guy. But he's a two time philanderer. Rudy Giuliani couldn't get nominated being a one time philanderer. I wonder can the evangielicals and other Bible thumpers hold their nose for this guy.

Mitt Rommney? He's a central casting country club Republican right down to the hair style. But is a Tea Party favorite? I don't think so and there is still that Mormon thing he's got going against him. Republicans are too bigoted to to nominate anybody but a white Christian.

Mike Huckaby? The Bible Belt loves him but how well does his game travel outside the South?

Tim Pawlenty? He ihas not displayed the type of hard core conservative rhetoric the Tea Party gaing embraces. I'm not sure where he stands on the immigration issue. He comes from the Midwest which is going to be the battleground for the 2012 election. The question is he too moderate for the Republican Party nomination?

In fact the Republicans in general face issues one, that pissed off a bunch of latino voters when Arizona passed S.B. 1070. That's going to be critical in a state like Texas. The Republicans can when the election of they don't win Texas. The demographics of the state of Texas are changing. The percentage of non-White voters in cities like Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, and El Paso is increasing. There has also been a migration for people from California and the Midwest If the Demographic issues are enough to put Texas up for grabs the Republicans are in trouble. In the long term Texas could be a swing state by 2016 or 2020.

The second issue is how the mid-term elections turn out this year. If the Republicans gain control of Congress and attempt to block any initiatives by President Obama to improve and the economy is still sluggish, then they can be painted as obstructionist and there could be a backlash in 2012. If the economy improves between now and the 2012 elections President Obama gets to take credit.

If the economy turns around by 2012 the Republicans are going to have a tough time beating President Obama.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:27 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times

That's all I have.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:20 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
cough... 540 days and approx. 920 to go, give or take a few He's beyond 1/3rd of the way through. Where exactly did you pick up those math skills?
The post you're referring to was written in August of 2009. Where exactly did you pick up those reading skills?

Old 08-17-2010, 07:37 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,385 times
No, no, no!!! I am a republican and I swear if they are dumb enough to put that woman on the ticket I will vote for a third party. I like her as a person, but she is NOT presidential material!!

Old 08-17-2010, 07:45 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,783,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
No, I disagree with this! Come on Palin supporters!! Get her message out!! Tell her how much you and the country need her!!!! Tell her to talk more and more!!! The world needs her voice!!!! We'll end up commies without her!!!!!

Palin 2012!!!!

Hilarious! thanks for making me laugh today, I needed to know there are still decent comedians in the world after watching the Roast of David Hasslehoff.

Maybe you'll get your own tv show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections