Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 05:12 AM

37,176 posts, read 19,174,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
It is Mrs. Palin, not Ms. Palin, as she is married.
Is she?

Did she finally release her marriage certificate?

I won't believe she's married until I see the vault copy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 05:15 AM

250 posts, read 412,879 times
Once the people that voted for Obama see how much damage a President can REALLY do, you'll see the Republican party swell with new blood. Obama will go down as the worst President in history.. mark my words

Old 08-26-2009, 07:35 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,289,003 times
It kills me how some people are. They don't like the way something is going so they leave. If you feel a certain way why not work to change your party? Why run away from it? It goes for the Dems or GOP.

Old 08-26-2009, 06:37 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,388,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish2 View Post
Once the people that voted for Obama see how much damage a President can REALLY do, you'll see the Republican party swell with new blood. Obama will go down as the worst President in history.. mark my words
Which people who voted for Obama?

Young people? The very young people that Republicans often claim only think about BMWs and I-pods and are too stupid for their own good.

African Americans? Probably not, especially the way Republicans talk like they want to go back to the 1950s a time of Jim Crow and segregation.

Hispanics? Probably not especially after the entire "Sotomayor is a racist" escapade and how most legitimate illegal immigration debates turn into a Hispanic bashing fest.

Homosexuals, Jews, Muslims, Atheists and all of the other people the religious right takes issue with? Probably not as the Religious right forces most republican candidates to alienate many of these voters.

Liberals? Again doubtful.

Union Members?

I am just curious which group of Obama voters will swell the Republican ranks?

Old 08-26-2009, 06:42 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
I consider myself an independent, I have noticed that being a republican in this country is shameful, they tend to lack substance and intelligence, this wave of fanatical, almost psychotic and bizarre display in the townhall
meetings is just the latest in a series of shamefull behavior, ever since GWB came to power, things have gone to hell in the republican party, ms. palin appears to be the succesor to this non-sense and she will guarantee defeat in 2012.
You are one among hundreds of thousands, possibly millions, including General Eisenhowers daughter who have found the Jerry Springer Brigade too much to put up with. I left with the Bush Dynasty and there are now more independents than republicans. One wonders how an 18-23% party will elect anyone. They should be coming in third

Old 08-26-2009, 08:13 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,289,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
They should be coming in third

put your money where your mouth is. I bet they take seats back in 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post

Young people? The very young people that Republicans often claim only think about BMWs and I-pods and are too stupid for their own good.
My dad is hardcore Democrat and so was I until I left the house pulled my head out from my ass and look at the truth. I'm 26 and vote GOP and from discussions with other people my age not alone.

Keep the arrogance going your only helping us.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:16 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,292,012 times
Quote:
I consider myself an independent, I have noticed that being a republican in this country is shameful, they tend to lack substance and intelligence, this wave of fanatical, almost psychotic and bizarre display in the townhall
meetings is just the latest in a series of shamefull behavior, ever since GWB came to power, things have gone to hell in the republican party, ms. palin appears to be the succesor to this non-sense and she will guarantee defeat in 2012.
....and those tea bagging parties are insane, maybe more so than the town hall meetings.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:37 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,372,081 times
Quote:
Why do people believe the Dem propoganda that these are all GOPs expressing their objections at the TH Meetings, etc.
There are a heck of a lot of Dems there also - probably an equal amount.

BTW - I am a Dem and I am appalled and disgusted by what the Dems are doing in reaction to the objections of American citizens.

Are the DNC and Dem politicians so stupid they do not realize they are alienating members of their own party? Or, are they so far removed from reality that they really think it is all GOP?

Old 08-26-2009, 08:48 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,372,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I think it is time for another party to arise.
I agree with that.
The Dem party is NOT what it was when I first voted and registered Dem (which I still am).
Back then they were all about freedom for individuals and personal rights. Somewhere along the line they became a party of "the people are too stupid to think for themselves so the Fed must grow to control more and more".

On top of it all, now the DNC and Dems politicians are attacking their own constituents who disagree with the policies the DNC supports.

If you look at things which have transpired over the last several years, while the Dem and GOP claim to have differences, in reality they have overall been on the same path.

It's becoming more and more of a whacky world.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:49 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,388,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post

My dad is hardcore Democrat and so was I until I left the house pulled my head out from my ass and look at the truth. I'm 26 and vote GOP and from discussions with other people my age not alone.

Keep the arrogance going your only helping us.
Yes you and about 33% of young people.

On the other hand when I left the house, had to make a living, pay rent, pay taxes, figure out budgeting etc. I realized that Republican policies do not work in the real world. For example, you cannot survive on a minimum wage of 5.15 an hour, and if you barely make enough to pay all the bills most of the time there is no way you can make a "health saving account" and best yet if you make less then 30,000 the dems give you bigger tax cuts then Reps, who only really like to cut non-earned income taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections