U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 12:50 PM

786 posts, read 4,227,438 times

Advertisements

I think Obama would be a good President except for one major reason- he is Black. No I am not racist but am concerned that any minority who was elected President would be pressured to bring in mostly people from his own race to be the top White House and Cabinet postions, regardless if they are highly qualified.

I am sure that if Obama was elected President that Jessie Jackson would insist that a good percentage of people in these high positions would be Black. Obama would agree to keep his people happy.

I do not support an affirmative action program for top government positions in an Obama Presidency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2007, 12:55 PM

3,861 posts, read 7,416,007 times
It's no diffrent than Bush appointing underqualified people like former FEMA head Mike Brown via the good 'ol boys network. Either way it's wrong.

Old 05-02-2007, 12:59 PM

1,247 posts, read 659,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
It's no diffrent than Bush appointing underqualified people like former FEMA head Mike Brown via the good 'ol boys network. Either way it's wrong.
Agreed. I wonder how things would run if we had blacks, who are not part of the good 'ol boys network, running the show. Maybe Halliburton would have to actually compete for a government contract! Damn those blacks and their free markets!

Old 05-02-2007, 01:00 PM

792 posts, read 2,860,883 times
I am concerned the fact that he is a minority and is soft-spoken, Obama will get elected for no other reason but such. I have no faith in the American voter. You can also refer to a currently perfect example: Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick. It seems the reason he got elected were the same exact factors working for him. I've talked with and listened to many Massachusetts residents and none of them yet have been able to give any sort of reason as to why he was elected. But do keep in mind, this is Massachusetts we are talking about. I'm also still trying to find one reason why someone is supporting Obama....substantively speaking that is.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:17 PM

3,830 posts, read 9,141,664 times
Obama and Jesse Jackson do not have close political ties. Jesse, Jr. is in fact an Obama rival and has been for years. Why should there be an assumption that Obama would fill an administration with black faces? That's not what his campaign staff looks like; that's not what black mayors in major cities did. I think Obama can be supported for the same reasons as a white candidate: He is smart, articulate, has a good record, has a good political outlook and seems committed to helping people.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:24 PM

10,189 posts, read 24,462,979 times
Is this a joke?

You say, "I am not racist" - don't I recall you said in several posts that you are either black, white or inter-racial--alternately!

Why would Mr. Obama's skin colour "colour" his choice of cabinet members, associates, or other affiliates.

Can't we give him credit for thinking for himself, outside the box and in a Crayola 78-multi-coloured combo.

And why on this little US batch of earth would you even imagine that Mr. Obama would look to another man, Jesse Jackson, merely because he is another black man. I would say that is, if not a prejudiced concept, a weak one.

And, if truth be told more whites put in "incompetent" officials who may be classified as minorities to win folks over to thinking they are fair and not racist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
I think Obama would be a good President except for one major reason- he is Black. No I am not racist but am concerned that any minority who was elected President would be pressured to bring in mostly people from his own race to be the top White House and Cabinet postions, regardless if they are highly qualified.

I am sure that if Obama was elected President that Jessie Jackson would insist that a good percentage of people in these high positions would be Black. Obama would agree to keep his people happy.

I do not support an affirmative action program for top government positions in an Obama Presidency.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:24 PM

1,497 posts, read 4,374,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
No I am not racist but am concerned that any minority who was elected President would be pressured to bring in mostly people from his own race to be the top White House and Cabinet postions, regardless if they are highly qualified.

That is an interesting point.... no Bushy doesn't care about race when hiring. He hires political allies. That is why he has screwed up a lot. >_<In all fairness to Bush, he has chosen MORE minorities for his cabinet than Bill Clinton has (aka. "The First Black President") has.

But you are 100% right... Obama and Jesse Jackson would probably nominate all sorts of dumb idiots just because of their race. And what we do NOT need in this country is another bad presidential cabinet and advisros.

WHY would Obama be a good president? He has NO legislative or excutive experience!! Zero. Bill Richards and others have a TON of experience and they are not getting media attention because they are not black. What is up with that??

When you get elected president, it is NOT like Congress where there is an "orientation" and you learn the steps. You can be elected president on Day 1 and then on Day 2 Osama attack teh US the next morning and then what do YOU do? And relying on a guy with 0 experience like Obama would be suicide.

A guy like Obama has 0 experience on everything. He talks a good game, but what does he really believe in? What would he dop in situation "A" and situation "B"? That is concerning. Even Hillary (yuck) has more experience than Obama. So in a sense, Hillary would not suck as much as Obama.

In sum, regardless of his race, Obama SUCKS as a politician and as a potential presidential candidate. Only the radicals on the left will vote for him. I would LOVE for him to get the nomination and have Romney against him. Romney would slam Obasma on a 60%-40% vote and Romney would in. Why? Because as I said before, Obama is a left-wing extremist and Romney is center-right and the Moderates in the US would go for the moderate candidate, not the extremists. Extremes on the left or the right do NOT win national elections. The moderates decide the fate of elections.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:29 PM

3 posts, read 4,421 times
I agree that any fears that people have of Obama putting a 'black face' on his cabinet is totally unfounded. I would hope like everyone else, that if he is to become our next president, that he would fill his cabinet with highly qualified individuals (with Godly widsom - man's wisdom isn't doing to well) regardless of their color or ethinicity. I would also hope this would be the case in whomever becomes our next commander in chief.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:31 PM

1,247 posts, read 659,147 times
Political experience is highly overrated. All the experience means is that you're soul is owned by more lobbyists.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:53 PM

1,497 posts, read 4,374,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nessapat View Post
I agree that any fears that people have of Obama putting a 'black face' on his cabinet is totally unfounded. I would hope like everyone else, that if he is to become our next president, that he would fill his cabinet with highly qualified individuals (with Godly widsom - man's wisdom isn't doing to well) regardless of their color or ethinicity. I would also hope this would be the case in whomever becomes our next commander in chief.
"Godly wisdom"?? Obama!?!?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA....

That is one THE funniest things I have ever heard!!!

Obama has "Godly Wisdom"!! LOL....how can Obama receieve Wisdom from God since he:

-Believes abortion is an choice and that children do NOT come from God. Fetuses are NOT part of the miracle of Life and can be "destroyed" at any given time. Would anyone who is a Christian believe destrying "innocent life" is ok?

-Believes Christianity has NO place in government. He is oppose to the 10 Commandements in Courthouses and everywhere else.

-Believes that saying "homosexuality is a sin" (which it is in The Bible) is a "hate crime". He has voted for several such measures... I will post his vote records soon...

-Believes in what the ACLU believes.... that anyone who is not Muslim, Athiest, Buddhist, Agnostic is an oppressor of the other faiths (aka. Christians and Jews). That is why he gets so much support from the ACLU and other far-left organizations who hate Christians and Jews.

PLEASE!! Obama has anything BUT "Godly wisdom". The guy is probably an agnostic "pretending" to be a Christian to attract Southern Black voters who are mostly Christians.

Obama is a typical far-left element. He will SAY ANYTHING regardless of his personal beliefs to get votes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or