Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Obama is the worse president?
Yes 132 38.48%
No 211 61.52%
Voters: 343. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 07:57 PM

782 posts, read 1,100,245 times

Advertisements

Both Bushes have been far worse than Obama, so was Carter, Nixon, and many others we could name. Obama hasn't been bad at all. He has cut the deficit left by Bush, given us ACA (even if we should have gotten single payer), got us out of Iraq, got Sadaam, turned around the economy despite gross Republican obstructionism (turning lately towards sedition with the latest acts) ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2013, 02:59 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,128,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texantodd View Post
Both Bushes have been far worse than Obama, so was Carter, Nixon, and many others we could name. Obama hasn't been bad at all. He has cut the deficit left by Bush, given us ACA (even if we should have gotten single payer), got us out of Iraq, got Sadaam, turned around the economy despite gross Republican obstructionism (turning lately towards sedition with the latest acts) ...
what are you talking about? As for Iraq: the exit was in the making before Obama ever took office. As for Sadaam, I don't know where you have been, but Obama had nothing to do with getting him, and Nixon, he really wasn't a bad President, yes, he was sleezy and probably should have been impeached but he certainly will never go down as a bad President. I am wondering how much you remember about his Presidency? Can I also add, what did Bush one have to do with any of this?

Old 10-15-2013, 04:06 PM

229 posts, read 162,962 times
No!
Even with everything happening today, Woodrow Wilson did the most damage to the constitution and the nation, followed by Hoover and FDR... That Progressive Era thing.

Old 10-15-2013, 05:24 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,875,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsumCement View Post
No!
Even with everything happening today, Woodrow Wilson did the most damage to the constitution and the nation, followed by Hoover and FDR... That Progressive Era thing.
FDR is recognized by historians as one of the greatest presidents ever. His programs reversed the Great Depression and he turned the 19th largest armed force into the largest armed force to defeat world fascism. He created Social Security, the most successful government program ever. Most of his New Deal building initiatives are still in use today.

Old 10-15-2013, 05:27 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,875,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
what are you talking about? As for Iraq: the exit was in the making before Obama ever took office. As for Sadaam, I don't know where you have been, but Obama had nothing to do with getting him, and Nixon, he really wasn't a bad President, yes, he was sleezy and probably should have been impeached but he certainly will never go down as a bad President. I am wondering how much you remember about his Presidency? Can I also add, what did Bush one have to do with any of this?
what are you talking about? I believe Texantodd meant bin Laden, not Saddam. Nixon had to resign in disgrace. Although he formed the EPA and did many progressive things, he will never be considered a great president. Nixon also prolonged the Vietnam War.

Old 10-15-2013, 05:41 PM

4,497 posts, read 4,995,180 times
I voted NO because up until now, Carter was the worst. However, by the time obama gets done, he will make Carter look a lot better. Never has such an unqualified person held such a high office before. He was a joke here in IL. and now he's a national joke.

Old 10-15-2013, 10:51 PM

288 posts, read 210,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
I felt he had a way to go to catch Carter a while back, but now with all the lies and mistakes I believe he has now passed Carter as the worst ever.

With a super majority in congress and 32 czars, a team of experts in their field and all the money you can print he still has accomplished zero.

How bad is it when one single person can suck so bad in 9 months that they can become the worst ever in such a short time.

With ZERO accomplishment to his credit, he is already a lame duck.

Many dems are trying to hide from him knowing the people do not trust a word the man says.

The economy has became even worse in the last month or so, more layoffs, plant closings, etc has become a nightmare for ObamAcorn.

He does not have the ability to fix anything and with all his experts by his side they still cannot get anything right.

THE BIGGEST MISTAKE IN AMERICAN POLITICAL HISTORY WAS THE ELECTION OF THIS MORON.

The blessing is he not only will be blamed for getting rid of liberalism in America but he will also push back the chances of a far more talented, smarter and gifted black man or woman for this job. All because of his failures.

As his own kid told him, Daddy your a black man, you cannot let blacks down. Well, he already has in only 9 months.

ObamAcorn is a a complete and utter failure.
the fact that bama saved us from the abyss created by bush jr. places bama in the all time best list, now, thinking bout the worst, clearly bush jr was a super moron that created the biggest deficits ever after inheriting a balanced budget, also responsible for the lives of tens of thousands through his bs wars, another idiot that comes to mind is Reagan who was clearly demented since first elected, and ran this country to the ground...

Old 10-16-2013, 01:38 PM

7,908 posts, read 5,725,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
I voted NO because up until now, Carter was the worst. However, by the time obama gets done, he will make Carter look a lot better. Never has such an unqualified person held such a high office before. He was a joke here in IL. and now he's a national joke.

This sums up Obama........perfectly.

Old 10-16-2013, 02:39 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,456,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
I totally agree. Obama is just the worst president in the last forty years. He is as cynical and divisive as Nixon but probably will not get tagged with any crimes.
Huh?

He's not even the worst president of the last 20 years.

Old 10-17-2013, 03:03 PM

520 posts, read 1,019,501 times
Anyone who answers Bush 43 or Obama is not mature enough to approach this question, and are just giving their political opinions. The Obama presidency is still in progress, so its not even eligible to be viewed in a historical context. Likewise, the Bush 43 presidency ended too recently to analyze its impact in a meaningful way.

In my opinion, the worst President (or at least one of the bottom 2 or 3) was James Buchanan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections