Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Obama Supporters: will you vote for him in 2012 if the economy and unemployment is still bad?
Yes, the economy is not his fault 20 32.26%
No, he will have had four years to turn it around 34 54.84%
Maybe, if the Republican Candidate is terrible 8 12.90%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 05:53 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,902,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
It's posts just like this.......
that makes many on the right think you believe he's your king or your god,
and then fiercely deny that you do not worship or idolize him to the least extent.
How many terms in office do you feel is too much?
How would you feel if a Pub. sat in the Oval office for 3 terms or longer, perhaps?
Maybe "his idea" of just how we "move forward with many other countries" never has and never will have the support he desires.
What if.....MILLIONS of Americans who once supported him........no longer did?
What if his idea of moving US forward, actually moves the country BACKward?

Your right......there ARE narrowminded people in positions of responsibility.
The one thing you said, that sadly, I have to agree with.
I don't understand why you get angry about someone being able to recognize competence and intellect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 07:31 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,952,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
I don't understand why you get angry about someone being able to recognize competence and intellect.
NOT angry at all......
I LOVE you Libs!
Your excuses......I mean, your perspective..... amuses more than angers.

My reply....was to florida bob....(post #13).......when you trolled on over and felt the need to throw in your 2 pennies and try to convince ME......that I am angry because I don't recognize intellect and competence?

What exactly defines any competence or intellect in the desire to have any POTUS we may elect....sit in the Oval office for at least, 3 terms?

Still waiting for an answer showing me HOW......you Libs believe this administration and the Dems....are "moving US forward" as you say?
Moving us forward through coercion, scare tactics, fear, force, ridicule, conform or be cast out tactics maybe.

Well, I believe I am intellectual enough NOT to buy into your blind faith and I think more and more Americans are feeling the same way.
See ya.

Old 10-24-2009, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
NOT angry at all......
I LOVE you Libs!
Your excuses......I mean, your perspective..... amuses more than angers.

My reply....was to florida bob....(post #13).......when you trolled on over and felt the need to throw in your 2 pennies and try to convince ME......that I am angry because I don't recognize intellect and competence?
Trolled on over?
Did you think you were having a private conversation?

Sign, The Internets.
The Internets, Sign.

I'm sure you'll get along.

Quote:
Still waiting for an answer showing me HOW......you Libs believe this administration and the Dems....are "moving US forward" as you say?
Moving us forward through coercion, scare tactics, fear, force, ridicule, conform or be cast out tactics maybe.
Things will move faster when the rest of the obstructionist party is voted out.

Quote:
Well, I believe I am intellectual enough NOT to buy into your blind faith and I think more and more Americans are feeling the same way.
See ya.
I'm not selling anything.
But I would be more inclined to waste time with you if you weren't so obviously close-minded.

Old 10-24-2009, 11:18 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityPerson09 View Post
I care where it starts. If my house catches fire I'm not going to blame the firemen who work to put out the fire
Apples & oranges unless you want Bush to come back and fix things. It's up to Obama and his administration to fix things now---but yes, it seems he is whining more about what was left to him than having ideas on cleaning it up.

Old 10-25-2009, 01:29 AM

737 posts, read 1,176,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Apples & oranges unless you want Bush to come back and fix things. It's up to Obama and his administration to fix things now---but yes, it seems he is whining more about what was left to him than having ideas on cleaning it up.
You just proved it isn't apples and oranges.

It is up to Obama to fix things, but he didn't cause the damage. I just got my car back from the body shop this past Friday for damage which was happened on the highway. My car was fixed on time, but if it was late by a day I was prepared for that. I'm not blaming the guys who fixed my car for the damage.

There is nothing wrong with reminding people that problems which have been brewing for decades (back to Clinton and Reagan) can't be fixed in one year. Pointing out the obvious isn't whining, it's simply the truth. If there is an alternative to Obama which seems to make sense on election day then that would be a good choice. However if it is that same crap from the right "cutting taxes solves everything and deregulation works... just look at the success of the banks!" then they aren't getting my vote.

Edit: And I am definitely not going to vote against Obama next cycle because of the conservative bs from Fox News, radio and the blogs. The Obama is a "secret Kenyan" and Obama is a implementing a (insert negative -ism here) America is going to back fire against the GOP if they keep that crap up.

Old 10-25-2009, 04:39 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,981,479 times
The only thing Republicans ever want to do is cut taxes.

They never consider how much cutting taxes adds to our National Debt.

They even cut taxes after sending our nation into an incredibly expensive and totally unnecessary war in Iraq.

And now that our National Debt has surpassed 11 trillion dollars, suddenly Republicans are complaining how high it is, and how our country is going bankrupt.

Republicans don't solve our nation's problems ... they create them.

I will vote for Obama again in a heartbeat!

Old 10-25-2009, 05:01 AM

206 posts, read 195,620 times
One firstly has to realize that when BO took office the nation was loosing 750K jobs a month- the nation was spiraling downward into a near depression, that was left by his predecessor.

The nation's economy has stabilized from this catastrophe; an economy over the last 30 years built on huge amounts of debt, easy monetary policy, stock market manipulation, a housing bubble of historic proportion - all very reminiscent of the 1920's.

Thankfully the federal reserve, the Secretary of Treasury under Bush and now Obama saved the nation from a far worse scenario. To repair the harm over the last 3 decades of economic mismanagement and speculation- will take time. People expecting a quick fix will be unhappy- considering it took 3 decades to make the events of the last year take place.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:49 AM

722 posts, read 1,108,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainy Intellectual Type View Post
If predictions are right and our unemployment rate stays above 10% well into 2013 will the Obama supporters still give him the matter of the doubt (and say that unemployment is a lagging economic indicator) and still vote for him? I wonder?

I suspect that many Obama supporters will not blame him for continuing high unemployment saying that it is still George Bush's fault or a change in our economy, technology, productivity advances, or the fault of Republicans in Congress.

If you supported Obama in 2008, would you vote for him in 2012 if unemployment and the rest of the economy stays pretty much like it is today?
Bush's fault? This economy storm started back in the 80's. How would that be his fault?

Old 10-25-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by decembergirl View Post
Bush's fault? This economy storm started back in the 80's. How would that be his fault?
You are going back too far.

How Trillion-Dollar Deficits Were Created - Interactive Graphic - NYTimes.com

Old 10-25-2009, 11:46 AM

737 posts, read 1,176,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
You can't ignore the 80s and the negative impact trickle down economics had
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections