Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 04:22 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times

Advertisements

Do you watch election coverage? How do you watch it? Do you check in during commercials to see the ticker on the bottom of the screen and then just go back to some other TV show or movie? Do you just tune in to one news show after the election? Do you watch a few hours of coverage? Do you watch more or less than you usually watch?

Fox News cleaned up ratings-wise on Tuesday Night:

Fox News Takes Tuesday Night - Media Decoder Blog - NYTimes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 05:52 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
But for all the ballyhoo, only Fox News showed significant ratings gains.

The conservative commentator Sean Hannity, whose 9 p.m. program averages 2.5 million viewers, had 4.2 million viewers on Tuesday. Greta Van Susteren, the 10 p.m. anchor, had 3.7 million viewers, up from an average of 2 million this year.

In prime time, CNN was down 12 percent from its year-to-date average, and MSNBC was up 18 percent. Fox News posted an 84 percent gain for the night.
Good lord - what has happened to CNN?

Old 11-05-2009, 07:43 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,074,281 times
I got a question: conservatives are endlessly calling liberals "sheep". Well it just so happens the conservative network FOX is the most watched political channel by a wide margin (including during the 2008 election). So unless people are watching FOX strictly for entertainment, wouldn't that make conservatives "Sheep" since liberals don't watch TV and that conservatives need to be told how to vote on TV?

Old 11-05-2009, 11:00 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
Yes I did, and it was killing CNN and MSNBC to admit that the dems just got their butts handed to them in two former dem govenor states.

MSNBC was hoping the loser in NJ would fight the vote count, they were licking their chips believing he would.

Face it, the dems got their butts kicked badly and the message is clear.

Less government, less spending and no more debt.

All things the dems cherish so much.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:02 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
I got a question: conservatives are endlessly calling liberals "sheep". Well it just so happens the conservative network FOX is the most watched political channel by a wide margin (including during the 2008 election). So unless people are watching FOX strictly for entertainment, wouldn't that make conservatives "Sheep" since liberals don't watch TV and that conservatives need to be told how to vote on TV?

Liberal sheep.

As in most liberals fall in line and follow the person in front of them. Just like the liberal leaders want them to do.

Put out the food for free and you wont have to think on your own, thats the liberal way.

Just like sheep, they will line up, won't have to think on their own and end up with a free meal in the end.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:02 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Uhhhhhh, no. The numbers say you're wrong.

"Among regular Fox News Channel viewers, 39% identified as Republican, 33% as Democrats and 22% as independents. Among regular CNN viewers, 51% identified as Democrats, 23% were independents and just 18% were Republicans. In short, Democrats comprise a larger share of the Fox News audience than Republicans do of CNN's audience."

With MSNBC it's 18% Republican, 45% Democrat, 27% Independent.

There's a chart on the link to the study:

Partisanship and Cable News Audiences - Pew Research Center

If you look at the chart, Fox has a better balanced audience than either CNN or MSNBC so you could say the Democrat sheep are watching CNN and MSNBC.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:02 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
Fox news has the most viewers ....that means they are the best! ......Ha. Ha. .....Take that libs!

Obama had the most voters.....that means he's the best!

[I could really get into the 3rd grade reasoning on thread]

Old 11-06-2009, 10:51 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Good lord - what has happened to CNN?
I use to watch CNN more than any other news outlet (I actually surf on their website the most, currently)... but as they turn more and more leftists like most news organization (I guess they are hoping for a bailout?)... I begin tuning into Fox News... which is weird... I don't listen to Beck or the other commentators cause I think they are nuts... hahaha... I just listen for the news and I have to say, they are unbiased when it comes to straight news reporting.... but the "editorials" like Beck are just that... they aren't news but unfortunately CNN, MSNBC mixed too much opinion in their news broadcast and its obvious... Its sad, CNN used to be really good... MSNBC, don't make me laugh... I can't believe MSNBC is even up there cause their news agency is on another planet... hahaha... the looney planet...

Old 11-06-2009, 11:37 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,904,275 times
What can we say about CNN? I mean, really??
Case in point: Last night, the esteemed analyst LARRY KING (!!) did a bang up job when asked to REPORT (!!) on the Fort Hood shooting by having Dr. Phil (!!!!!) on his show; the best part was Dr. Phil lecturing another guest that it was totally inappropriate to wonder out loud if Islamic ideology just MIGHT have had something to do with the shooter's motives.
Now don't that take the corn off'n the pone!! THANKS, Dr. Phil! THANKS, CNN!
And you wonder why nobody trusts you......................

Old 11-06-2009, 11:54 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
To be fair... Larry King is an EDITORIAL... it isn't news... its purely opinion.... There are many liberals who don't understand the difference between news and editorials... just because you disagree with what is said on Larry King, keep in mind, it's ALL opinion...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections