Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 12:13 AM

1,340 posts, read 2,793,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I also think his age will be held against him. Not for anything but if Nancy Pelosi is still third in line for the Presidency in 2012, I want some younger/healthier people two steps above her. You don't know how nervous I got when Dick Cheney had health problems.
Most folks lost sleep hoping Bush never had any.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 01:57 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,817,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCAnalyst View Post
Why isn't anyone talking about him? It seems like given the current state of the economy, and the fact that he is a fiscal conservative, it just makes sense that many Americans would vote for him - if they knew what he stood for!
Many Americans would vote for him. Unfortunately, he ran on a primary ballot and got knocked out by the MSM. Fox would not allow him into a NH debate they hosted. Rush and Hannity cried out on the airwaves against him. Beck did have him when he was still pretending to be a Libertarian, I'm guessing RP won't bother with him anymore since he's a demagogue.

All these people who were anti-RP last year are somehow the voices of "conservatives". I'm guessing if RP does run again in 2012 that he will be ridiculed by the same crowd despite the fact that he will probably be the only real conservative running in a clusterf*ck of neocons again.

Old 11-25-2009, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I could never get past Ron Paul's statement early in the debates of his last run about preferring to fight terrorists on our soil rather then overseas.

He has some good ideas. I appreciate that he is one of the few who seem to uphold his oath to the Constitution. But for President? Not a chance. Sometimes the guy just comes of as a loon!
Those debates are easy to find. Please pull up a video that say RP wanted to fight terrorists on our soil rather then overseas.

I have a feeling you can't find one. You probably are referring to some comment someone like Hannity made as an opinion regarding RPs foreign policy stance. The Neocons hate RP.

I almost guarantee this is a classic case of pundit brainwashing of the sheeple and not actually fact (or logic) based conclusions. Keep on letting Rush, Glen, Sarah, and Steele tell you how to think.

Old 11-25-2009, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Too many have forgotten that, I too couldn't get over it.

Also when people talk about him, how many remember Anderson in 1980 or Ross P? These types of candidates do nothing but stir up trouble.

Though I have said if I had it to do over again, I may have voted for him just to protest, but yes, I think he does seem a little loonie!!!

Nita
McLandlord was obviously the better choice. If he was in charge we probably would have pre-emptively invaded at least 135 other countries to stimulate the economy.

Old 11-25-2009, 03:49 AM

14,561 posts, read 22,953,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCAnalyst View Post
Why isn't anyone talking about him? It seems like given the current state of the economy, and the fact that he is a fiscal conservative, it just makes sense that many Americans would vote for him - if they knew what he stood for!
I like Ron Paul, but like Libertarians he has a lot of ideas that sound good on paper but just wouldn't work in the real world.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:12 AM

1,340 posts, read 2,793,301 times
Default Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I like Ron Paul, but like Libertarians he has a lot of ideas that sound good on paper but just wouldn't work in the real world.
True, in the "real" world those in power stay in power,WHATEVER that entails.

Old 11-28-2009, 07:25 AM

37,942 posts, read 17,717,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I disagree. Why don't you list some examples.

Old 11-28-2009, 08:07 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,340,278 times
Insanity is defined by doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result,and insanity is where our country is and has been for many years.The federal reserve and the banking cartel run this country on monetary and economic issues.The Counsel of Foreign Relations runs the country on defense and foreign policy.
During the campaign Obama/McCain had about 300 each of CFR members advising them on foreign policy,Zibignew Brezinski sons worked in both camps.Ask yourself this,would there be any difference on Afghanistan if McCain was POTUS?No,the only difference is he would have sent troops sooner to appease the neo con war mongers like Rush and Hannity.
Look how Obama/McCain ran up to DC to support the bail out because both of them know who runs the country and like good puppets they were there for their masters.Look at the campaign contributions they both received from Wall St,I hate to break the news to you {D}s but Obama took in about a million which gave him way more then McCain.Is that change?
If you look at the names of people advising Obama they are from Wall st and buddies with Barnanke,Summers,Rubin,and Geithner who from his FR office in NY doled out the bail out money.
The secret gvt every 4 years trots out a good looking puppet from each party and the imbecelic populace falls for it every time.It does not matter who wins they remain in power until the country wakes up which I believe will be never nothing will ever change.Obama is not change he is part of the status quo.

Old 11-28-2009, 02:18 PM

14,561 posts, read 22,953,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I disagree. Why don't you list some examples.
Basically their entire ideology. They're very anti-government involvement, "fair tax" and all that other crap.

Old 11-28-2009, 02:37 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,849,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I could never get past Ron Paul's statement early in the debates of his last run about preferring to fight terrorists on our soil rather then overseas.

He has some good ideas. I appreciate that he is one of the few who seem to uphold his oath to the Constitution. But for President? Not a chance. Sometimes the guy just comes of as a loon!
ron paul is absolutely right! it seems ridiculous to spend countless resources to go around the world to fight, moving men and machinery, fighting in unfamiliar terrain, when all you need to do is prepare your country. have you seen the films when the marines landed on someone else's beach?

it should be about defense, instead of offense, since the same amount of resources are better spent on defense. let's face it. if someone "brings it" here, it is likely to go nuclear anyway.

hasn't vietnam taught us anything?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections