U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 02:11 PM

173 posts, read 253,062 times

Advertisements

People anywhere of the 15 to 30 year old age group

Question is this :
Is the youth really THAT socially liberal ?

* A bit of a rant starts here so get ready *

How about driven by the pop culture ?

It's just I'm moderate to conservative on social issues and it's scares me how liberal they can get

For example I'm waiting until marriage and basically considered a huge prude by so many of them ... it always goes like this

'' Always try the car before bla bla bla ''

And they always act surprised when they find out I'm religious ... some of them expect a lunatic or something out of an age old basement

I don't do drugs and I don't drink much ...
Well I do love some vodka and some wine

My mother is Russian

I also love reading books about civility , manners , order and stuff ( mostly from etiquette )

I just think that people should be more friendly and stop cussing so much ... cussing like '' ****! '' or '' Jesus! '' ( taking God's name in vain ) is not polite

I don't dress like '' mummy look '' lol ( always covered up ) but I think that the slutty look is just horrible

Many are always '' Me , me , me '' and '' give me , give me , give me '' that they forget there is personal responsibility , work and order

When you leave your parents home you will see the hardship of life and maybe remember these truths

On abortion my dislike of it stems from the fact that 95 % of abortions are done out of convinience ... it's like they had sex or something and when found out they had an '' unwanted '' child they decided to abort

I mean maybe you don't want the child or the father doesn't want it or your friends don't want it so whatever ... can't you get sterilized or something ?

Nearly 50 million babies ( fetuses if you like the term ) have been aborted ... that's WAY too much

Another is the fact that it ain't '' private '' anymore ... some of your tax dollars there go to abortions and whether people like it or not abortion is now a huge industry and spends a lot of money

I think that disabled children should not be aborted but taken care off in and outside of the womb ( some people abandon them when they are older and it's sad ) in adoption agencies , homes , etc and that well in cases of rape and incest the mother and the child should be taken of in a very good way , shown goodness and that the father should be shot ( or the mother and the father both if they had an equal say in the sick case of incest or if the woman somehow rapes the man --- man rape ??? Have you seen that before ? --- ) and maybe get a new man ( a new boyfriend or a new husband ) to take care of the mother and the child ( or a new woman to take if it's a rape done by a psychotic woman towards the man )

I believe that abortion should be used only when the mother's life is in danger

Of course I also believe that the federal government should have no say in social issues and would make it a state or local issue so for example a state like Texas may make abortion only when the mother's life is in danger while Washington can have all of the abortions I could care

The abortion perspective comes from the absolute one and what I believe

While the state and local issue is the respect that others may not have the same opinions so your state can have abortions while something like Texas may not

I'm against D.O.M.A.

I'm against DADT and think it's stupid
Gays can serve in the Military openly

The ONLY problem I have is if they like start saying '' Look at me! I'm a GAY military man! ''

Making too much of their sexuality
Too much focus on that

Yeah some straights do it but it's far in between

Black , White , Brown , Yellow , Man , Woman , Straight or Gay if you are in the Military the Military IS first

Don't get caught up in '' gender , race , sexual orientation ''
No political correctness

May everybody serve and yeah ...

Don't take advantage of the fact that the military is occasionally segregated between genders and men or women are just in one spot

I ain't talking about decent gay people

I'm talking about those perveted ones whom make gayness the focus of their entire existence and are too proud for me to swallow

I'm against the whole notion of gay marriage ( and here comes the '' homophobic remarks '' ) and it's old but yeah

Marriage is for reproduction

Personally I would take marriage out of the goverment completely thanks to the '' Boomer generation '' , '' Generation X '' and now '' Generation Y ''

Things like no fault divorce , single mothers , single fathers , welfare , the weaking of the extended family ( aunts , uncles , etc ) , weaking of the nuclear family ( father , mother , children , etc ) , oversexualization , divorce and so much more have nearly destroyed marriage

And now it seems they want to destroy it further ( no offense to anybody here ) through '' gay marriage ''

'' Gay marriage '' is a very new thing in history and well it would take the focus of reproduction to marriage completely

Marriage has existed in every culture ... cultures which hated , loved or were indifferent to homosexuals

And to all of your atheists and agnostics out there marriage existed before the '' official birthing '' of Christianity

And yeah while some compare it to interracial marriage I just can't see it ( I'm mixed if you don't know ) ... marriage has always been about gender and there were interracial couples milleniuns ago ... conquests from the Mongols in Europe or the Aryans in India ( ? ) display this

Marriage has always been about reproduction
Same race or different race

And yeah I don't hate gays

In fact it seems some gays hate me
And well with good reason ( nothing related to '' gay marriage '' btw )

I posted some things about the big number of gay men in San Francisco and that straight women there couldn't find anybody due to them

I admit that going to San Francisco still scares me a bit due to the rumours but I'm trying my best to get past them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 08:16 AM

1,712 posts, read 1,928,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia12345678910 View Post
People anywhere of the 15 to 30 year old age group

Question is this :
Is the youth really THAT socially liberal ?

* A bit of a rant starts here so get ready *

How about driven by the pop culture ?

It's just I'm moderate to conservative on social issues and it's scares me how liberal they can get

For example I'm waiting until marriage and basically considered a huge prude by so many of them ... it always goes like this

'' Always try the car before bla bla bla ''

And they always act surprised when they find out I'm religious ... some of them expect a lunatic or something out of an age old basement

I don't do drugs and I don't drink much ...
Well I do love some vodka and some wine

My mother is Russian

I also love reading books about civility , manners , order and stuff ( mostly from etiquette )

I just think that people should be more friendly and stop cussing so much ... cussing like '' ****! '' or '' Jesus! '' ( taking God's name in vain ) is not polite

I don't dress like '' mummy look '' lol ( always covered up ) but I think that the slutty look is just horrible

Many are always '' Me , me , me '' and '' give me , give me , give me '' that they forget there is personal responsibility , work and order

When you leave your parents home you will see the hardship of life and maybe remember these truths

On abortion my dislike of it stems from the fact that 95 % of abortions are done out of convinience ... it's like they had sex or something and when found out they had an '' unwanted '' child they decided to abort

I mean maybe you don't want the child or the father doesn't want it or your friends don't want it so whatever ... can't you get sterilized or something ?

Nearly 50 million babies ( fetuses if you like the term ) have been aborted ... that's WAY too much

Another is the fact that it ain't '' private '' anymore ... some of your tax dollars there go to abortions and whether people like it or not abortion is now a huge industry and spends a lot of money

I think that disabled children should not be aborted but taken care off in and outside of the womb ( some people abandon them when they are older and it's sad ) in adoption agencies , homes , etc and that well in cases of rape and incest the mother and the child should be taken of in a very good way , shown goodness and that the father should be shot ( or the mother and the father both if they had an equal say in the sick case of incest or if the woman somehow rapes the man --- man rape ??? Have you seen that before ? --- ) and maybe get a new man ( a new boyfriend or a new husband ) to take care of the mother and the child ( or a new woman to take if it's a rape done by a psychotic woman towards the man )

I believe that abortion should be used only when the mother's life is in danger

Of course I also believe that the federal government should have no say in social issues and would make it a state or local issue so for example a state like Texas may make abortion only when the mother's life is in danger while Washington can have all of the abortions I could care

The abortion perspective comes from the absolute one and what I believe

While the state and local issue is the respect that others may not have the same opinions so your state can have abortions while something like Texas may not

I'm against D.O.M.A.

I'm against DADT and think it's stupid
Gays can serve in the Military openly

The ONLY problem I have is if they like start saying '' Look at me! I'm a GAY military man! ''

Making too much of their sexuality
Too much focus on that

Yeah some straights do it but it's far in between

Black , White , Brown , Yellow , Man , Woman , Straight or Gay if you are in the Military the Military IS first

Don't get caught up in '' gender , race , sexual orientation ''
No political correctness

May everybody serve and yeah ...

Don't take advantage of the fact that the military is occasionally segregated between genders and men or women are just in one spot

I ain't talking about decent gay people

I'm talking about those perveted ones whom make gayness the focus of their entire existence and are too proud for me to swallow

I'm against the whole notion of gay marriage ( and here comes the '' homophobic remarks '' ) and it's old but yeah

Marriage is for reproduction

Personally I would take marriage out of the goverment completely thanks to the '' Boomer generation '' , '' Generation X '' and now '' Generation Y ''

Things like no fault divorce , single mothers , single fathers , welfare , the weaking of the extended family ( aunts , uncles , etc ) , weaking of the nuclear family ( father , mother , children , etc ) , oversexualization , divorce and so much more have nearly destroyed marriage

And now it seems they want to destroy it further ( no offense to anybody here ) through '' gay marriage ''

'' Gay marriage '' is a very new thing in history and well it would take the focus of reproduction to marriage completely

Marriage has existed in every culture ... cultures which hated , loved or were indifferent to homosexuals

And to all of your atheists and agnostics out there marriage existed before the '' official birthing '' of Christianity

And yeah while some compare it to interracial marriage I just can't see it ( I'm mixed if you don't know ) ... marriage has always been about gender and there were interracial couples milleniuns ago ... conquests from the Mongols in Europe or the Aryans in India ( ? ) display this

Marriage has always been about reproduction
Same race or different race

And yeah I don't hate gays

In fact it seems some gays hate me
And well with good reason ( nothing related to '' gay marriage '' btw )

I posted some things about the big number of gay men in San Francisco and that straight women there couldn't find anybody due to them

I admit that going to San Francisco still scares me a bit due to the rumours but I'm trying my best to get past them
I personally agree with about 99% of what you said in this post. As a 26 yr old guy, I find that the vast majority of people around my age have no problem with regular gays although some go overboard with that advertising you mention. I also don't know anyone who thinks that convenience abortions are ok. To all of us as well as you and me, those people and their supporters make me sick

Old 11-24-2009, 08:20 AM

3,035 posts, read 4,767,932 times
Excellent Post!!!!!!

Old 11-24-2009, 09:43 AM

33,830 posts, read 29,280,978 times
I do not believe the OP was written by a young person. Too many of the points about marriage and abortion were rehash of older folks positions on these topics. I believe we have us a first class TROLL.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:52 PM

56 posts, read 67,628 times
Not so fast Greg. My daughter is 22 and a college sophomore. The OP's post sounds very much like the views expressed by my daughter. She is very active in the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Habitat for Humanity and Student Government at the university.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:17 PM

331 posts, read 296,070 times
I'm 17, and a proud far-right conservative. Some of that sounds like what I would say, but I disagree with others. I do agree that the youth in this country is being more and more liberal. It's a shame. Sometimes, I think that we're one of the laziest generations. It's good to know that I'm not the only one of my kind.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:11 PM

1,775 posts, read 2,278,327 times
I'm 20, and far right conservative.

The liberals of my generation go around with a huge sense of entitlement and it disgust me greatly.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:58 PM

10,009 posts, read 5,022,862 times
I am 23 and I disagree strongly. This reads like the tired old religious right's mantra of people should have freedom, but....

First, what does "Pop culture" have to do with anything...I have seen this pop up so much I am starting to think it is an ambiguous code word, which, has whatever negative meanings its users/readers want it to.

Second, if you do not like a certain style of dress, or a certain means of speech, don't dress or talk like that, no one is telling you to dress "slutty," but to be honest most of us do not like commentary about how we should dress or speak.

Third, why the heck are you so concerned with how other people think and what they do with their bodies (i.e. there use of language, their dressing, their use of alcohol, their perceptions of the world, their sexual habits, their marital status etc.) you have your own mind and body you do not need mine or any other person's for that matter.

Fourth, on abortion I support abortion laws that are consistent with every other type of real property law. There is no type of property law that supports an injurious tenant against a landlord, without the benefit of a lease similar to how anti-choice folks want to support a negative pregnancy that is injurious to a woman's ability to use her body.

Fifth, if you do not like flaming gay people you do not have to be around them why are you so concerned with what they do or do not do?

Sixth, marriage is not exclusively about reproduction...if it was why are there so many sterile married people and childless marriages? Ever since the 19th century marriage has been about romantic love. If it were still about reproduction exclusively we would still be having arranged marriages where families negotiated who they wanted in their families and who they wanted their children to breed with.

As to marriage being weakened, divorces are currently the lowest they have been since the 1970s. The only reason you hear all the complaints from the right about single mothers, and oversexualization is because there are fewer taboos about talking about them these days. There was a reason why in the 1940s Brits called American G.I.s "overpaid, and oversexed."

As to gay marriage the 14th amendment is fairly clear about equal protection. That is why gay marriage has won almost every court battle it is been in. It is not a matter of what you think history is (gay marriage occurred in ancient Greek and Roman times), but a matter of the words "Equal protection under the law" and the freedom of choice not being restricted by religious discrimination.

Last edited by Randomstudent; 11-24-2009 at 08:15 PM..

Old 11-24-2009, 08:05 PM

737 posts, read 686,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post

Sixth, marriage is not exclusively about reproduction...if it was why are there so many sterile married people and childless marriages? Ever since the 19th century marriage has been about romantic love. If it were still about reproduction exclusively we would still be having arranged marriages where families negotiated who they wanted in their families and who they wanted there children to breed with.
And what about those individuals who are infertile? Obviously they aren't denied heterosexual marriage because they are incapable of reproducing.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:17 AM

98 posts, read 62,478 times
I am in that age group, and the OP's post almost fits me to a T. Except that I do support gay marriage rights and don't really see it as a threat to anything though. As other posters on this thread have pointed out, the OP sounds like an old man. And that's what's so sad about society today, that a young person can't possibly have any values. The post wasn't really about politics as much as personal values, which have been sharply on the decline, there's no doubt. The sense of entitlement is especially worrisome. This is the fault of many of today's parents, conservative and liberal alike. There's really no correlation between a parent's political views and how much they spoil their kids. Just thought I'd throw that out there before this somehow turned into a "bash democrats for the decline in American society" discussion. Also, people have become so materialistic and wrapped up in other activities that religion has taken a backseat and many people simply never learn to practice their faith and become agnostic or atheist. Not that that's a problem, as long as they still have a set of values they live by. And many do and I respect that, but at the same time many don't. I just wish I wasn't looked at as some brain-washed radical for still being a practicing Catholic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections