Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 10:40 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
He is a good looking hunky male.

Just my type - tall, articulate and all male.

I remember some not so long ago, going nuts over Obama, Think Brown, is much better looking of a guy, very articulate cannot hurt, but as we now all know, so much more then looks go's along with these jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 09:27 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I remember some not so long ago, going nuts over Obama, Think Brown, is much better looking of a guy, very articulate cannot hurt, but as we now all know, so much more then looks go's along with these jobs.
I still think that his looks is what made ppl notice him and pay attention. Just look at the conservative party nerd that ran in the NY-23 race. He was really fugly and lost.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:49 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,863,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I saw parts of the debate and I must say that he was articulate, but also wonder if voters would be paying attention to him if he was more plainer looking. I just read a poll that said that gap among mass. women is only 5 points (50-45) as an example of this.
Good looking? Who? Oh no, you didn't say that

Old 01-21-2010, 11:06 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I still think that his looks is what made ppl notice him and pay attention. Just look at the conservative party nerd that ran in the NY-23 race. He was really fugly and lost.
I agree. I now realize how so many straight guys were supportive of Palin. Looks can make a big difference, although I'm pretty sure the effect is much greater on male voters than on female voters.

Old 01-22-2010, 05:13 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I agree. I now realize how so many straight guys were supportive of Palin. Looks can make a big difference, although I'm pretty sure the effect is much greater on male voters than on female voters.
of course looks makes a difference, I don't care what career one chooses, but I am not sure how much difference it makes. Being articulate is as important as well as a good sense of humor. What do you think has gotten Huckabee all the attention to start? It isn't his looks as much as his humor..But, when it comes to voting, I don't think many actually mark the ballot because Mr or Ms candidate is good looking or ugly...

Nita

Old 01-22-2010, 11:37 AM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
He is a good looking hunky male.

Just my type - tall, articulate and all male.
And his spread in Cosmo is mighty nice to look at, too .

(But his looks are just a bonus, not the reason he won, IMO.)

Last edited by springfieldva; 01-22-2010 at 12:03 PM..

Old 01-22-2010, 09:15 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Have you loked a some of teh old guy in the senate;i thnik that proves your poiunt ics off base. i would comment about the women senators;but i am sure Pelosi didn't win a beauty contest for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections