Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 08:56 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
I'm hoping Scott Brown wins this thing because then my brother and his family won't be on the street...there is no way that my brother is going to be able to afford to pay for his own health insurance plan right now..he doesnt even have 15 bucks left over after paying for the neccesaties for him and his girl and 2 kids...if coakley wins he will be forced to pay for insurance for himself which he simply can't afford and he will be then fined for not getting it and then he wont be able to pay either one of his main bills or the fine...so he will end up in jail or his family will end up with an eviction notice....why dont people see how this bill is gonna affect the people they think they are helping by giving everyone medical insurance now....truth is if people could afford to spend on it they would but many can't and now they will be fined?....and for me i am against this because my tax money will be going towards the abortion process and it's one thing to put taxes towards the military which is there to defend our country even if we disagree with the war but its another thing for me to be a part of funding someones' personal abortion

This whole post is one big massive lie. I do feel badly for your brother, many people in this country are in a similar situation. However, just like the others in a similar financial situation he would be MUCH better off if this bill passes. He would actually have the opportunity to get insurance for himself, subsidies would help pay for what he isn't able to afford.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 08:58 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I hope come Tuesday if they lose, the dems will swallow hard.
They might not be so all fired proud of themselves
Quote:
oh brother
do you know there are tons of democrats that feel the same way I do
I am not married to "the party" so deal with it, or not
Quote:
I just happen to be smart and see Obama for what he is
not every one who is democrat is in love with Obama
I happen to be one of them
but you can remain a minion if you want, frankly I got sick of it
I am not a minion any longer and proud of it
Zell Miller, is that you?

Old 01-17-2010, 09:16 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,923,793 times
yes georgia dem those were the numbers for the coakley rally.

the place was 100 percent packed with overflow by 1000 people, meaning they were turned away.

scott brown had 2000 at his rally.

again, going with the herald, conservative newspaper.

Old 01-17-2010, 09:26 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,917,264 times
Very true; overflow crowd at Northeastern for Obama, had to turn many away...

This is what you get for relying on the Herald on "facts"...:

Old 01-17-2010, 09:28 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,917,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
This whole post is one big massive lie. I do feel badly for your brother, many people in this country are in a similar situation. However, just like the others in a similar financial situation he would be MUCH better off if this bill passes. He would actually have the opportunity to get insurance for himself, subsidies would help pay for what he isn't able to afford.
You're absolutely right, Smash; he would be BETTER off with Obama's plan, rather than trying to find a plan with a private insurer, who would charge him some outrageous price, or deny him coverage altogether..

Old 01-17-2010, 09:48 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
oh brother
do you know there are tons of democrats that feel the same way I do
I am not married to "the party" so deal with it, or not
well, then change your name then. i've been reading your posts for well over a year and have NEVER seen a post in favor of any Democrat. You're not being truthful.

Old 01-17-2010, 09:49 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Zell Miller, is that you?
Maybe she'll challenge you to a DUEL?

Old 01-17-2010, 09:54 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
well, then change your name then. i've been reading your posts for well over a year and have NEVER seen a post in favor of any Democrat. You're not being truthful.
She is a Dixiecrat.

Old 01-17-2010, 10:11 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,789,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post

only if subsidies can pay 100 percent will he be able to afford it...thanks for the thought....even before i got fired i worked at a pizza place and a big majority of people there did not have insurance because they simply couldnt afford "any" extra costs at all....alot of people i know just head to the ER when it gets too serious of a health problem "not just a cut or cold or something"..and then they dont pay the bill because they dont have the money and they know the hospital will usually write it off.....i myself dont have health insurance either...hell i dont have a job and have only unemployment money coming in so i definatly cant afford it either with the other stuff i need to pay for with that little amount of unemployment...i have been looking for jobs everywhere in my area seriously and no one has hours right now...so im kinda stuck...but the main reason im against the bill is because of the abortion factor and it just doesnt make sense that they would fine someone or lock someone up who doesnt have medical insurance ....it just seems off to me that people would have thier votes for sale in congress too...and i hear that ben nelson is actually having second thoughts now about accepting the help for his vote so all this just adds up and doesnt seem right to me..and they should have been more out in the open with the public during the debates.

Old 01-17-2010, 10:14 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times

WOW-

Just wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections