Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 11:07 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,741,984 times

Advertisements

I hope the dems will now "man up" and say "Maybe taxpayers don't like government spending money like CEOs, maybe taxpayers don't like government bribing senators to pass a bill, maybe taxpayers don't like bailing out Big Business who share the government's bed, maybe taxpayers don't like the government using taxpayer money to finance special interest like ACORN, maybe taxpayers don't like arrogant b@stards who behave with a partisan behavior for an entire year like the democrats... hmmm..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 11:30 PM

744 posts, read 1,204,623 times
I hope that when we vote in the new crew they will avoid the special interest traps and remember their campaign promises and where we as a nation want to go. Obama needs to look into the mirror and ask himself who is he there to really represent. It is a question that all politicians need to ask themselves daily. It goes with the old saying either you are with us or against us. Right now the Dems in government are against us, so we will use the elections to correct that. They need to GOOOH (pronounced GO), Get Out Of OUR House.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:34 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,776,394 times
First time obamacare has been put to a vote by the American people and it goes down in a blaze of glory.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:41 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,241,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
First time obamacare has been put to a vote by the American people and it goes down in a blaze of glory.

I am hearing the "This is not about Obama" crap already.

This is ALL ABOUT Obama and his policies and failures.

We can all agree that Obama has been an utter failure.

Does this show the man does not have what it takes to be a leader. Even his own party is out this morning pointing fingers at each other.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:23 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,037,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
I am hearing the "This is not about Obama" crap already.

This is ALL ABOUT Obama and his policies and failures.

We can all agree that Obama has been an utter failure.

Does this show the man does not have what it takes to be a leader. Even his own party is out this morning pointing fingers at each other.
Considering he has a massive approval rating in MA and is sitting well enough to get re-elected, I would say this is simply wishful thinking on your part.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:42 AM

3,109 posts, read 9,799,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Considering he has a massive approval rating in MA and is sitting well enough to get re-elected, I would say this is simply wishful thinking on your part.
I would say it is "wishful thinking on your part". The people have spoken. "It is the people's seat, and that includes the Whitehouse."

Old 01-20-2010, 09:28 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,241,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gy2020 View Post
I would say it is "wishful thinking on your part". The people have spoken. "It is the people's seat, and that includes the Whitehouse."

They will never understand and will not acknowledge the people's will.

Guess the tea party members kicked Obama's skinny little butt and they cannot take it.

The people are going to force Obama to do what WE the majority want him to do, not want he wants to do.

Can you say LAME PEE KING DUCK!

Old 01-20-2010, 11:26 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,327,178 times
After the 2010 mid terms and the Independent vote takes the house and senate back, they will be able to pass legislation, without the presidents signature.

Your going to see a lot of legislature of the past, repealed to shrink big government.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:40 PM

563 posts, read 517,112 times
This has got to be a loud message to Obama. Don't get me wrong, I hope he can turn things around, but I don't see it after a year.

A traditionally "Blue" state just voted "Red". I am kind of excited that I will not have to pay for someone elses Health Insurance.

Now that Mass. has voted in this guy, does that mean that Mass is now a Racist State because it is not following what Obama wanted?

Old 01-20-2010, 03:44 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,776,394 times
There is really no way to calculate how big this victory is.

Psychologically, it really does do great damage to the dems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections