Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2010, 09:58 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,434,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
When I saw it, it said he grabs a lead.

Who cares if he wins? He is a RINO according to people and second of all, don't forget who is really in charge. Obama is.

Scott Brown won? Who cares? Big whoop!
You're right, big whoops because, in that state he would have had to have done something exceptional to win....not that I'm criticizing him, I'm just saying the win was not at least entirely based on his own merits. Which brings me to my point, in own for this to have happened in that state (of all states), the other side must have done something very wrong....so, in terms of who's really in charge, which as you say "Obama is", that pretty much means he's the one that did something very wrong. There's really no other explanation....at least not for that state to do what it just did. Remember, he's replacing Kennedy and that's Kennedy country.

Just because he voted for health reform in his state doesn't mean he supports the federal attempt or that he still feels the same way at all (based on how well it's working there). He certainly isn't going to be working with Obama to get it through the way others have (with shady deals that help only his state)....the voters dissaproval of the way that's been happening lately is part of the reason he's been elected and he realizes that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 09:59 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
I would think you would endorse a natural scepticism of politicians, being a conservative and all.
No I don't. I base my opinion of people on how that person acts not what party they are or what job they hold. I guess the close minded conservative is actually more open minded then the lib.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:00 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,941,704 times
Wow. Some serious denial from the Obama worshipers being displayed in here.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:01 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,199,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
No I don't. I base my opinion of people on how that person acts not what party they are or what job they hold. I guess the close minded conservative is actually more open minded then the lib.
Never did I say that I don't like Brown because he is a Republican, or even that I myself am a liberal(whatever you seem to think that term means). You've really got to teach me that mystic reading one day.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:04 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
Never did I say that I don't like Brown because he is a Republican, or even that I myself am a liberal(whatever you seem to think that term means). You've really got to teach me that mystic reading one day.

I guess you can't read very well. I did not say you did. You said because he was a politician hence my statement about not judging people based on their JOBS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen

Old 01-19-2010, 10:07 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Wow. Some serious denial from the Obama worshipers being displayed in here.

AHHHHHHHHHHH YOU THINK?

Old 01-19-2010, 10:10 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
You must care....you are posting in this thread.

Obama in charge? The people of the U.S. are in charge.....Obama works FOR the people. The people of one of the bluest states sent a message tonight to Obama. The boy needs to wake up and listen to the people he works for.
"the people of the U.S. are in charge..."
That's funny!
American corporations are in charge...regardless of which political party occupies any government post.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:11 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,199,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
I guess you can't read very well. I did not say you did. You said because he was a politician hence my statement about not judging people based on their JOBS!!!
What a wonderful version of reality it must be to live in, where the politicians aren't all sleaze bags. Or perhaps the ones you agree with most.

Scott Brown is a lawyer from Tufts and BC who drives a pickup around to convince people that he is an average joe. Sounds like your prototypical populist snake oil salesman to me. Were he a leftist he'd be the archetypal "limousine liberal" who graduated an Ivy League school and bowls to show how he is a man of the people.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:13 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Right on. A HUGE symbolic message!!!!! BambiBoy, you listening?????

THE problem is that the BAMBIBOY was clearly not listening, and this is what happens. Ya people get it YET?

Old 01-19-2010, 10:18 PM

54 posts, read 62,703 times
[i]
Quote:
My thinking is that he knows he will have a very short term as Senator as a Republican. He may be able to be switched to the Democrat column. It is the only way if he hopes to keep that seat after next November. The Democrats won't be stupid next time. They will run somebody who can win the seat back if he does not switch.
Sore loser! Who's a sore loser?! You are yes you are.

The arrogance of the Democrat party showed itself they just inserted anyone thinking the the Republican could not come up with an alternative. Running attack ads and trying to make big deals about his semi naked picture he did for cosmopolitan instead of real issues backfired big time.

It is a pity though that the other candidate Joe Kennedy didn't win. He was getting 3% of the vote so the amount of people who switched from democrats and liberals is pretty amazing for that state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections