Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 01:22 PM

2,071 posts, read 6,694,554 times

Advertisements

We the people of the United States owe Scott Brown's supporters a huge debt of gratitude. They didn't merely elect a senator. They ripped the façade off the Obama presidency ...

obama failed us!

End of O's cowardly lyin' - NYPOST.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 01:33 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
Give credit to Scott Brown but it was really the American people who have had enough of his lies, deceit and poor decision making.

The tea party people were the ones to expose the idiot for what he is, that is why so many Obama supporters hate the tea party members.

Brown is just a start, now we all know that the end of liberals running things is coming near to the end.

Obama and the dems had a chance of a lifetime and they BLEW IT.

Old 01-31-2010, 06:26 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Give credit to Scott Brown but it was really the American people who have had enough of his lies, deceit and poor decision making.
Wow, all of America voted in Massachusetts? Interesting.

Quote:
The tea party people were the ones to expose the idiot for what he is, that is why so many Obama supporters hate the tea party members.
You think Obama supporters hate the tea party? We love the tea party. If the tea party gets a candidate on the ballot in 2012, the candidate is going to split the Republican votes much like Perot used to do.

Quote:
Brown is just a start, now we all know that the end of liberals running things is coming near to the end.

Keep telling yourself that. Keep telling yourself that it had nothing to do with the fact that Coakley was an arrogant candidate that was unattractive to voters regardless of political affiliation.

Old 02-10-2010, 02:07 PM

474 posts, read 601,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Wow, all of America voted in Massachusetts? Interesting.

You think Obama supporters hate the tea party? We love the tea party. If the tea party gets a candidate on the ballot in 2012, the candidate is going to split the Republican votes much like Perot used to do.

Keep telling yourself that. Keep telling yourself that it had nothing to do with the fact that Coakley was an arrogant candidate that was unattractive to voters regardless of political affiliation.
Yes, I am from Massachusetts and many of us felt we were voting for the country. Many of you sent money and encouragement to Scott Brown. We are so proud that once again we were able to fight for liberty...for the whole country. Regards...a patriot.....

Old 02-10-2010, 07:52 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,285,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly blogger View Post
Yes, I am from Massachusetts and many of us felt we were voting for the country. Many of you sent money and encouragement to Scott Brown. We are so proud that once again we were able to fight for liberty...for the whole country. Regards...a patriot.....
I bolded some fallacies.

Old 02-11-2010, 08:59 AM

474 posts, read 601,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
I bolded some fallacies.
Yes, indeed, you are bold. Who are you to interpret how we felt in Massachusetts? A Seer? A gypsy with a crystal ball? Many of us worked hard night and day to help Scott. Six weeks before the election, he did not have a large number of workers or money. We worked hard to get both for him. Many bloggers, Facebook and Twitter partcipants joined the fight. We realized we did not have to wait until 2012 to change things.
When you witness Nancy Pelosi say...."we will parachute in...(health care) if we have to"....in defiance of the American people, we saw an opportunity to teach those Washington ego smitten pols a thing or two. It is funny how bloggers call some of us bigots, cruel et cetera...it should be obvious their usage of those words to describe some one they don't know reveals the level of their own hatreds. We are Americans and have as much right to show the world "what Brown can do for us," as any one else.
I am an eighty-one year old history buff and my eighty-five year old husband put over thirty signs up for Scott Brown. One of our signs flew off our lawn into mud and snow. Our neighbor picked it up, cleaned it and put it on his own lawn. When we were leaving Sunday services, a young school teacher came up behind us and said, "we love your sign how about one at 35-------Street? People beeped their horns as they passed our home and saw the Brown sign. Take a look at the stats...the cities voted for Coakley, the great middle class came out from their homes in towns across the state and did the job. Young and old...we realized we had a chance to let Washinton know how we felt. Massachusetts was perfect for the task. A Democratic state, Kennedy country and machine controlled. But the independents with courageous Dems and Republicans went forth much like the patriots of 1775 and did the job......for the whole country. My great nephew, a freshman at a Massachusetts college said to me, " Auntie, I feel like I am living in historic times." Don't presume to know why we did it...You just wouln't understand! Fallacies indeed. I think that is what your friends in Washinton D.C. are suffering from....the fallacy that they are "leaders."

Last edited by Friendly blogger; 02-11-2010 at 09:11 AM..

Old 02-11-2010, 09:11 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Yes, indeed, you are bold. Who are you to interpret how we felt in Massachusetts? A Seer? A gypsy with a crystal ball? Many of us worked hard night and day to help Scott. Six weeks before the election, he did not have a large number of workers or money. We worked hard to get both for him. Many bloggers, Facebook and Twitter partcipants joined the fight. We realized we did not have to wait until 2012 to change things.
When you witness Nancy Pelosi say...."we will parachute in...(health care) if we have to"....in defiance of the American people, we saw an opportunity to teach those Washington ego smitten pols a thing or two. It is funny how bloggers call some of us bigots, cruel et cetera...it should be obvious their usage of those words to describe some one they don't know reveals the level of their own hatreds. We are Americans and have as much right to show the world "what Brown can do for us," as any one else.
I am an eighty-one year old history buff and my eighty-five year old husband put over thirty signs up for Scott Brown. One of our signs flew off our lawn into mud and snow. Our neighbor picked it up, cleaned it and put it on his own lawn. When we were leaving Sunday services, a young school teacher came up behind us and said, "we love your sign how about one at 35-------Street? People beeped their horns as they passed our home and saw the Brown sign. Take a look at the stats...the cities voted for Coakley, the great middle class came out from their homes in towns across the state and did the job. Young and old...we realized we had a chance to let Washinton know how we felt. Massachusetts was perfect for the task. A Democratic state, Kennedy country and machine controlled. But the independents with courageous Dems and Republicans went forth much like the patriots of 1775 and did the job......for the whole country. My great nephew, a freshman at a Massachusetts college said to me, " Auntie, I feel like I am living in historic times." Don't presume to know why we did it...You just wouln't understand! Fallacies indeed. I think that is what your friends in Washinton D.C. are suffering from....the fallacy that they are "leaders."
So you were angry and resentful, and worked hard to win. That doesnt make your rhetoric any less fallacious.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:29 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:

They absoutely blew it, and big time, where people have had enough. This i have a feeling, is just the beginning, the tip of the iceberg. You can only take so much, before you snap, people are sick and tired, of the lies, deceit, no decision making, no HOPE AND CHANGE, there is, but not for the Better. Give credit to the Fine People of Mass, and to Scott Brown.

Old 02-12-2010, 07:19 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times
Quote:

Massachusetts DID vote for the country and sent a huge message. They knew exactly what they were doing but again and again hussein obama's sheep are blind to all truths and live in a state of denial. The Dems and the RINOs are falling like dominos.

Old 02-12-2010, 07:58 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Massachusetts DID vote for the country and sent a huge message. They knew exactly what they were doing but again and again hussein obama's sheep are blind to all truths and live in a state of denial. The Dems and the RINOs are falling like dominos.
Yeah, they sent a big message alright. The message is "we've got our health care and don't care if you don't have yours."

Thanks Massachusetts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections