Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2010, 08:38 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,183,056 times

Advertisements

Remember folks here said that black people supporting the president was racist. Well, there certainly was Italian support for ol' Rudy in his aborted run for president and no one played the race card about that!

Which brings us to the IL governor's race. One wannabee named Adam has received a strange endorsement by a guy who can't vote or even speak English!

"CHICAGO- In the final days before the Illinois primary, Former President of Poland Lech Walesa came to Chicago to support Adam Andrzejewski as the GOP candidate for Governor.

"As you see I support Adam..I am convinced that he is right. But we live in times that people do not always listen to those that are right”, said Walesa speaking through a translator.

The Co-founder of Solidarity and Nobel Peace Prize winner stopped by a Tea Party Function in downtown Chicago that was organized to give support to a number of candidates in this Tuesday's election."

Lech Walesa Steps Into Illinois Politics « Liveshots

Is Lech familiar enough with IL politics to make this endorsement or is something else afoot?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 08:44 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,044,060 times
Default Real progress...

As long as people keep pouring salt into the wound of racism, we will never be able to heal our wounds and progress beyond it.

President Obama won.... the first lady, Michelle, has earned everyone's respect. Their children are adorable. I love their dog.

I wish we all could drop the R word and really try to work together and grow past our differences.

History can never be undone but we can choose to move forward.

Last edited by World Citizen; 01-30-2010 at 09:03 AM..

Old 01-31-2010, 12:58 AM

258 posts, read 448,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
As long as people keep pouring salt into the wound of racism, we will never be able to heal our wounds and progress beyond it.

President Obama won.... the first lady, Michelle, has earned everyone's respect. Their children are adorable. I love their dog.

I wish we all could drop the R word and really try to work together and grow past our differences.

History can never be undone but we can choose to move forward.

Thank you for that wonderful analogy.

Old 01-31-2010, 04:24 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Being black is your race.

Being Italian, means your born in Italy. If legally here and not yet Americans, they could not vote.

I see the same thing used for Hispanics and illegal trespassers from south of our border. Blend them together to mean a false point.

Last edited by BentBow; 01-31-2010 at 04:34 PM..

Old 02-01-2010, 02:14 AM

258 posts, read 448,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Being black is your race.

Being Italian, means your born in Italy. If legally here and not yet Americans, they could not vote.

I see the same thing used for Hispanics and illegal trespassers from south of our border. Blend them together to mean a false point.
There are many Italians who were born right here. You think Stallone was born in Italy?

As for illegal trespassers...that is a topic of debate. Who trespassed on who?

Indian Wars is the name used in the United States to describe a series of conflicts between the colonial or federal government and the native people of North America.

American Indian Wars - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-02-2010, 11:38 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlover View Post
There are many Italians who were born right here. You think Stallone was born in Italy?

As for illegal trespassers...that is a topic of debate. Who trespassed on who?

Indian Wars is the name used in the United States to describe a series of conflicts between the colonial or federal government and the native people of North America.

American Indian Wars - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If your born right here, your an American! Nothing else.

Your parents my be Italian, that came here either legally or illegally, but the 14th amendment, how ever abused it is, says your 100% American.
Born here and calling yourself Italian, shows no pride in your nation and can be considered traitor at times of war.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:29 AM

744 posts, read 1,209,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If your born right here, your an American! Nothing else.

Your parents my be Italian, that came here either legally or illegally, but the 14th amendment, how ever abused it is, says your 100% American.
Born here and calling yourself Italian, shows no pride in your nation and can be considered traitor at times of war.
Actually just being born here does not automatically mean you are American. It is open to alot of debate on the meaning of Civil Rights act of 1866. I think the wording requiring one not be subject to any foreign power, could be interpreted to mean parents are still subject to their home country and so would the child.
www.arch.ksu.edu/jwkplan/law/civil%20rights%20acts%20of%201866,%201870,%201871, %201875.htm

As far as calling yourself an Italian would not make you a traitor in time of war. That would require you to actually do an overt act to harm your country, and we all know words will never hurt us. Please look up what a traitor is, and if you find different let me know.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:37 PM

37,801 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Remember folks here said that black people supporting the president was racist. Well, there certainly was Italian support for ol' Rudy in his aborted run for president and no one played the race card about that!

Which brings us to the IL governor's race. One wannabee named Adam has received a strange endorsement by a guy who can't vote or even speak English!

"CHICAGO- In the final days before the Illinois primary, Former President of Poland Lech Walesa came to Chicago to support Adam Andrzejewski as the GOP candidate for Governor.

"As you see I support Adam..I am convinced that he is right. But we live in times that people do not always listen to those that are right”, said Walesa speaking through a translator.

The Co-founder of Solidarity and Nobel Peace Prize winner stopped by a Tea Party Function in downtown Chicago that was organized to give support to a number of candidates in this Tuesday's election."

Lech Walesa Steps Into Illinois Politics « Liveshots

Is Lech familiar enough with IL politics to make this endorsement or is something else afoot?
Hey, he's Polish and from the quote there Walesa didn't even take a stab at that guy's last name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections