Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 02:08 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times

Advertisements

Just points out the problem that incumbents of both Party's likely to face in Nov.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 11:33 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Yes, that Grayson

"The poll has Grayson leading the 13 Republicans -- among Republicans -- with 27.8 percent of the vote.
The poll was conducted on Feb. 26th. There were 324 respondents, all registered Republicans in Florida's eighth district. The poll was conducted by Middleton Market Research"

Grayson Leading In REPUBLICAN Primary
You mean that Grayson - who is now trailing?

KY Sen Poll: Paul, Mongiardo Lead Primary*Races - Real Clear Politics – TIME.com

Quote:
Paul 42
Grayson 27
Und 19
Oh dear....maybe the Palin effect is working.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:27 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You mean that Grayson - who is now trailing?

KY Sen Poll: Paul, Mongiardo Lead Primary*Races - Real Clear Politics – TIME.com

Oh dear....maybe the Palin effect is working.
If you cared to pay any attention at all, including to the post you just quoted, you would have noticed it wasn't about Paul's opponent in the Republican Senate Primary in Kentucky. It was about the Democratic Congressman in Florida.

Old 03-08-2010, 01:08 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
If you cared to pay any attention at all, including to the post you just quoted, you would have noticed it wasn't about Paul's opponent in the Republican Senate Primary in Kentucky. It was about the Democratic Congressman in Florida.
well I notice the information is coming from non other than the famous Huffington Post..I think time will tell and from what I have heard (our daughter lives in ORlando) his chances aren't all that great. Let's see after the primary, who knows? stranger things have happened...

Nita

Old 03-08-2010, 01:28 PM

301 posts, read 282,873 times
Quote:
When I looked at that post about Paul, I thought, what's she talking about! LOL Somebody is slipping up.

Old 03-08-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
well I notice the information is coming from non other than the famous Huffington Post..I think time will tell and from what I have heard (our daughter lives in ORlando) his chances aren't all that great. Let's see after the primary, who knows? stranger things have happened...

Nita
FTR, I think part of it comes from the sheer amount of Republicans who have entered the Primary and name recognition, and he would not win an actual GOP Primary. With that being said I do think Grayson will be reelected. While those on the right obviously won't vote for him, I do think he will do better with moderates than you might think. Some might not exactly agree with him, or be mixed on him, but Grayson comes across as someone who cares more about getting something done rather than simply being reelected, which is something I think many moderates will find rather refreshing.

Old 03-08-2010, 02:18 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
My bad - saw "grayson", didn't realize there was two. Thanks - now to find the thread about Rand Paul and Palin's kiss of death.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:06 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
FTR, I think part of it comes from the sheer amount of Republicans who have entered the Primary and name recognition, and he would not win an actual GOP Primary. With that being said I do think Grayson will be reelected. While those on the right obviously won't vote for him, I do think he will do better with moderates than you might think. Some might not exactly agree with him, or be mixed on him, but Grayson comes across as someone who cares more about getting something done rather than simply being reelected, which is something I think many moderates will find rather refreshing.
Exactly: even here in AR with Lincoln behind, it would be worse if we knew the candidate..Only time will tell with Grayson, I will tell you he really isn't very highly thought of according to our daughter..That is all I know..

Nita

Old 03-08-2010, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Exactly: even here in AR with Lincoln behind, it would be worse if we knew the candidate..Only time will tell with Grayson, I will tell you he really isn't very highly thought of according to our daughter..That is all I know..

Nita
Not exactly. You will often find that Generic candidates often perform better than the actual candidate. You see this most with moderates and Independents, who might not be too thrilled with the Incumbent and may start to lean towards voting for the other side until they get a clearer picture with who the candidate is on the other side and realize they like that person less. I do think Grayson will wind up doing better with moderates than some people think due to the fact he comes off as caring more about getting something done and fixing the problem rather than his reelection chances. That is something I think will be a bit of a breath of fresh air to many moderates even if they don't exactly agree with him on an ideological scale, especially if the GOP nominates someone who is pretty far to the right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections