Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 08:34 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post

YouTube - Alabama Political Attack Ad Mocks Evolution

simply stunning.
In 2010, in the United States of America.

We are seriously stuck in reverse with the pedal to the floor on our way back to the dark ages in this country.
The ad os accurate. why is he scared of his flip flops
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 08:39 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,390 times
Default Alabama candidate mocked for beleiving in Evolution

Update for willfully ignorant hard-right clock-stoppers.

Unlike creationism, evolution is not an article of faith.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Update for willfully ignorant hard-right clock-stoppers.

Unlike creationism, evolution is not an article of faith.
evolution also takes faith. As evolution can not prove the origin of life

Old 05-17-2010, 09:43 AM

10,214 posts, read 15,925,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
Yeah. Here in CA we just have a bunch of Catholics running amok at the border...
And where raising property taxes, sales taxes, and other taxes (and often taking tax revenue from rural areas in inland California to divert to LA and SF) are seen as perfectly legitimate.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:41 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
why do all the trees in Georgia lean to the west?

a: because Alabama sucks.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:47 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,129,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
evolution also takes faith. As evolution can not prove the origin of life

Wrong.

That's abiogenesis, and as far as that goes, there is no "faith", only hypotheses that are being tested,.

Evolution does not depend on HOW life started, only that it did.

This must be your first stint as an online Creationist, because this argument is pretty old...and pointless.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:49 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,129,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyHolliday! View Post
I can't believe people are actually surprised about this. ITS THE SOUTH! Did anybody expect anything different?
So the entire South of the US matches the stereotype you have created for us in your head?

Evolution doesn't need your kind of help.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Wrong.

That's abiogenesis, and as far as that goes, there is no "faith", only hypotheses that are being tested,.

Evolution does not depend on HOW life started, only that it did.

This must be your first stint as an online Creationist, because this argument is pretty old...and pointless.
So an evolutionist can not will not be able to say what was the origin of life is. They just say there is life but can not prove the origin of life.
Something that you can not prove or say you do not acknowledge means you must have some faith that life had an origin. If life did not have an origin then how did we get here?

Old 05-17-2010, 01:24 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,931,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post

YouTube - Alabama Political Attack Ad Mocks Evolution

simply stunning.
In 2010, in the United States of America.

We are seriously stuck in reverse with the pedal to the floor on our way back to the dark ages in this country.
Well they were right in mocking him regarding his statement that evolution best explains the origin of life. Evolution doesn't try to explain the origin of of life. But I wonder if he really said that or if the people making the ad made the mistake.

Either way, I agree it's ridiculous that someone be ridiculed for believing in evolution. It really does seem some are stuck in the dark ages. I lump those who believe in astrology in the same camp. Wake up people.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:31 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
So an evolutionist can not will not be able to say what was the origin of life is. They just say there is life but can not prove the origin of life.
Something that you can not prove or say you do not acknowledge means you must have some faith that life had an origin. If life did not have an origin then how did we get here?
YET.

Obviously life had an origin or else nothing would be here right now. Or maybe it's a Matrixey 'it's all in your head' cyber world. Maybe aliens dropped us off here because we were a-holes and they didn't want to deal with us. Maybe we're some sort of planetary ant farm experiment. Maybe some spirit created us. Who knows?

There are a few hypothesis' on the origin of life, and I believe it's an interesting thing to study. Maybe one day science will prove without a shadow of a doubt where life came from, but maybe they won't. Does it really affect me in my everyday life? No.

From my studying though, I have come to the conclusion that it was a freak accident and that life evolved completely randomly. I don't believe we have a 'purpose' on this earth, I don't believe there's some sky spirit watching over us hoping we listen to him or expect his wrath. I think we're just animals with a higher plane of thinking which causes us to believe we're more important than we really are.

So there you have it. Evolutions doesn't explain the origins of life, but it does push in in a different direction (or directions, if you think about it).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections