Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 03:32 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
YET.

Obviously life had an origin or else nothing would be here right now. Or maybe it's a Matrixey 'it's all in your head' cyber world. Maybe aliens dropped us off here because we were a-holes and they didn't want to deal with us. Maybe we're some sort of planetary ant farm experiment. Maybe some spirit created us. Who knows?

There are a few hypothesis' on the origin of life, and I believe it's an interesting thing to study. Maybe one day science will prove without a shadow of a doubt where life came from, but maybe they won't. Does it really affect me in my everyday life? No.

From my studying though, I have come to the conclusion that it was a freak accident and that life evolved completely randomly. I don't believe we have a 'purpose' on this earth, I don't believe there's some sky spirit watching over us hoping we listen to him or expect his wrath. I think we're just animals with a higher plane of thinking which causes us to believe we're more important than we really are.

So there you have it. Evolutions doesn't explain the origins of life, but it does push in in a different direction (or directions, if you think about it).
so evolution does not explain or care about the origin of life while accepting that humans evolved.
But we had to evolve from something and evolution does not address that key issue.
Creationist does state where life comes from .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 09:03 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,470,730 times
1. The Flying Spaghetti Monster is a being which has every perfection.
2. Existance is a perfection.
3. Therefore, the Flying Spaghetti Monster exists.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/Blinka2351/ce0a9f36.jpg (broken link)

Old 05-18-2010, 08:26 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
evolution also takes faith. As evolution can not prove the origin of life

Evolution does not address the origin of life.

Old 05-26-2010, 05:32 AM

150 posts, read 467,683 times
Could you guys stop arguing about evolution and get back to making fun of Alabama? Thank you kindly.

Old 06-03-2010, 02:18 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,438,277 times
The_Rambler - you can always leave.

The rest of you rubes got suckered by a campaign dirty trick. The ad was paid for and produced by a front group created by the AEA teachers' union. Note that the teachers' union is part of the Democratic Party (AEA leader Paul Hubbert is vice-chair of the Dem Party). For example, when the ad says that Byrne supports Obama's education plan, it means that Byrne supports charter schools which the union opposes. So you've got Democrats demonizing Obama to appeal to voters in the Republican primary. Nice.

The reason the AEA hates Byrne is that he helped put so many of them in jail (legislators, school officials). Democratic corruption in the school system has cost the State millions.

Bradley Byrne is in the runoff for Governor, against either Tim James or Robert Bentley (to close to call). If he wins the primary runoff, he will be the next Governor.

Old 06-09-2010, 04:58 PM

328 posts, read 196,050 times
Good! Evolution is CRAP! Its not real!

Old 06-11-2010, 04:39 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLRGHOST View Post
Good! Evolution is CRAP! Its not real!
And what is your alternative to explain how we got to where we are?

Old 06-11-2010, 04:43 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
And what is your alternative to explain how we got to where we are?
Jeebus....

Old 07-23-2010, 04:26 PM

150 posts, read 467,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
The_Rambler - you can always leave.
And I plan to leave just as soon as I can find a job and save up a little cash.

I'm just back on this thread to point out that this man's opponent, Bentley, WON THE PRIMARY.

I guess pandering to creationists works in Alabama.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:21 PM

382 posts, read 302,754 times
Good! Go Bentley!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections