Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 12:47 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Nice, mature response.
I have a rule about posting links at the request of right wingers.

It must past this test.

1) Is the info easily obtainable by a search a 3rd grader could do?................ If so, buzz off.

AND

2) Will the link possibly change the right wingers mind? No?...............Buzz off.

You failed on both accounts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 12:53 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,493,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I have a rule about posting links at the request of right wingers.

It must past this test.

1) Is the info easily obtainable by a search a 3rd grader could do?................ If so, buzz off.

AND

2) Will the link possibly change the right wingers mind? No?...............Buzz off.

You failed on both accounts.
No poll I've seen only shows a 1 or 2 point lead.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:35 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
He's also against the Americans with Disabilities Act and Unions.
Always good to know his reasons.
The Federal Government should not force private businesses to accommodate anyone. Their methods are a one size fits all scenario. If anything it should be done on a local level. Constitution and States rights.

an example - A company in a two story building wants to hire a person in a wheelchair. The money saving option of a first floor office for that person is lost. An expensive elevator has to go in.

Quote:
He wants to privatize Social Security leaving future retirees with much less benefits. He wants to scale back Medicare.
Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid currently represent about $60 trillion dollars in unfunded liabilities. Where's the money coming from?

It doesn't work so Paul calls for reforms now and eventually phase it out. He's not calling for the Feds to hang people out to dry.
Inflation far outweighs the yearly increase. Give the younger generation the option to opt out if they want to. Allow people to invest or save their own money as they see fit. Personally responsibility.
Raise the retirement age.

Quote:
Essentially he wants survival of the fittest for Kentucky................. Dog-eat-dog survival for your family in Kentucky.
Your perception is off or you haven't listened to what he says if you think that.
He believes the local level should have control not the Federal Government using their one size fits all, inefficient ways.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 05-19-2010 at 01:55 PM..

Old 05-19-2010, 01:52 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I wouldn't count on it. Most of the people I know smoke weed regularly. We're sick and tired of being treated like criminals.

I honestly thought Obama would lighten up. Instead he's continued full bore with the war on drugs. In fact in some ways he's made it worse: Russ Belville: Obama Drug Policy Calls for Drugged Driving Charges for Unimpaired Marijuana Users

I'm getting to the point where I'm no longer going to give my vote to any politician of either party who continues this BS war on the pot smokers of America....and there are a lot of folks who feel the same way.
It's very costly and wasteful, resource wise. Someone gets a record, has to hire a lawyer, jail time, probation time, lost time on the job yada yada. All for using a fairly harmless drug.

Let the punishment fit the crime. We should be going after and locking up violent offenders.

I believe Obama has called off the dogs and is focusing on the crooked dispensaries that are used as money laundering and tax evasion fronts.

Old 05-19-2010, 02:13 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,008,695 times
I'd vote for Scooby Doo if it meant Nancy Pelosi would be demoted.

Old 05-19-2010, 03:30 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins Well View Post
Good idea. Obama can go to Kentucky and tell all of the Republicans that Paul is for legalizing weed, against the Patriot Act, and against imperialism.

I'm sure that a lot of Republicans in Kentucky will jump ship once they find out that Paul shares a lot of similarities with Progressives.
I just read that he also wants to repeal the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Boy, that apple didn't far from the tree.

Old 05-19-2010, 03:38 PM

22,187 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
No poll I've seen only shows a 1 or 2 point lead.
RealClearPolitics - Election 2010 - Kentucky Senate - Paul vs. Conway

Old 05-19-2010, 03:56 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,493,154 times
That isn't 1 or 2 points...

Old 05-19-2010, 03:59 PM

22,187 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
That isn't 1 or 2 points...
1 and 3.....

Old 05-19-2010, 06:04 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Post links.
He doesn't have any.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections