Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does he have any chance at reelection?
Yes! 39 26.17%
No! 78 52.35%
Too early to tell 31 20.81%
I honestly could care less about politics 1 0.67%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 05:47 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,986,531 times

Advertisements

Anything can happen in 2.5 years...and it will. A year ago, you never dreamed of the oil spill and how Obama might handle it. It won't be about the challenger. It will be about how Obama has handled his 4 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 12:03 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,480,389 times
Look, Dems can offer any opinion they can dream up. But, the fact is that America is more imperilled by big government and big spending ( deficit and national debt ), than it is by left wing heart string issues like those confronting gay softball teams.

Now most liberals find that homosexual proliferation and the "rights" of plant life, or even of lesser importance than plants ... the rights of illegal Mexicans, trump our government's responsibility to be fiscally sound.

Liberals resoundingly shout to the capitol that we MUST continue to spend. All the time - and as much as possible - without end.

It is true that this is dumb. It is also true that this defines the Democratic Party.

You see, everything that the Democratic Party touts as being liberating, actually shackles Americans. They are liars.

Barack Hussein's chances of winning the Whitehouse are probably fairly good if those who sit on their couches most of the time get up for one day in November.

On the other hand ....
If enough taxpayers vote, some of these lifetime couch potatoes may have to find a job.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:18 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,664,342 times
I sure hope he wont be in again. I know I wont be voting for him.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:02 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,332,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Anything can happen in 2.5 years...and it will. A year ago, you never dreamed of the oil spill and how Obama might handle it. It won't be about the challenger. It will be about how Obama has handled his 4 years.

If that were true, Obama would get < 1% of the vote nationwide.

I don't think Obama will get re-elected, but the chances that he does are much higher than they should be. Just read some of the posts in his defense; they show that there are a lot of voters who don't know what's going on.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:31 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,524,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
I don't think Obama will get re-elected, but the chances that he does are much higher than they should be. Just read some of the posts in his defense; they show that there are a lot of voters who don't know what's going on.
It is only the voters that get their news from FOX.

Old 05-27-2010, 04:10 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,374,384 times
Default Obama will easily win reelection

Laughable to read the clueless comments of people who think that any Regressive candidate has a chance against this great President. You Obama haters have severely flawed instincts and judgment, reflected in your belief that the village idiot should've been reelected and continued denial of the great job Obama is doing. Get a clue for God's sake before your life is wasted on the wrong side of the political argument!

Old 05-27-2010, 06:24 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,715,196 times
I think it's all going to depend on if there's a viable third party candidate. THAT will determine who wins. If Sarah Palin comes in as a tea party candidate not affiliated with the GOP, she will cement a second term for Obama because she's loonie. OH, but I would RELISH the debates!!!!! It would be more fun than watching the upcoming season finale of Real Housewives of NYC!!!!

Romney's not viable as a candidate. People are askeered of Mormons and their gold plates, magic hats and mystical underwear. And the fact that he is only 2 generations removed from polygymy. His grandparents fled to Mexico so they wouldn't be persecuted for their way of life. It would be a whoop dee do of a political bloodbath.

Old 05-27-2010, 06:34 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,444,984 times
If President Obama chooses to run for re-election (not a certainty, but I think a likelihood), then I don't see him losing. There isn't a prominent Republican who doesn't have a lot of personal baggage and/or a sorry legislative/executive record who would be interested in running, and a third-party candidate would (1) not win, and (2) siphon votes from the Republican candidate.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:12 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
It is only the voters that get their news from FOX.
oh how sad a comment like that is and how little you know. Anyone, regardless of their political leanings that has a brain, forms their opinions from watching several networks, reads a couple or more daily papers and keeps us with the shows like McLaughlin etc. This applys to most Republicans I will add. Do they watch FOX? Of course, do you or have you ever? Probably not, if you had you would see things a little differently. FOX has both conservative and liberal guests and hosts. I won't list them right now, cause it has been done so many times and always ignored by the left side.

Nita

Old 05-27-2010, 08:18 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I think it's all going to depend on if there's a viable third party candidate. THAT will determine who wins. If Sarah Palin comes in as a tea party candidate not affiliated with the GOP, she will cement a second term for Obama because she's loonie. OH, but I would RELISH the debates!!!!! It would be more fun than watching the upcoming season finale of Real Housewives of NYC!!!!

Romney's not viable as a candidate. People are askeered of Mormons and their gold plates, magic hats and mystical underwear. And the fact that he is only 2 generations removed from polygymy. His grandparents fled to Mexico so they wouldn't be persecuted for their way of life. It would be a whoop dee do of a political bloodbath.
OMG, for maybe the first time since joining I have agreed with you about something and yes, some of the posters have to open thier eyes and be realistic about this.

You are right, Palin (which I do not think will give up all that money to run) can be a spoiler and Romney will have a rough time because of peoples perception of Mormons, fair or not, plus his less than winning personality.

Will Obama win a second term, you have hit it on the head, it depends on who the Republicans nominate plus what happens in the next couple of years. Anyone who thinks no Republican is smart enough to beat him, needs to re-think.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections