Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does he have any chance at reelection?
Yes! 39 26.17%
No! 78 52.35%
Too early to tell 31 20.81%
I honestly could care less about politics 1 0.67%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 02:25 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
oh how sad a comment like that is and how little you know. Anyone, regardless of their political leanings that has a brain, forms their opinions from watching several networks, reads a couple or more daily papers and keeps us with the shows like McLaughlin etc. This applys to most Republicans I will add. Do they watch FOX? Of course, do you or have you ever? Probably not, if you had you would see things a little differently. FOX has both conservative and liberal guests and hosts. I won't list them right now, cause it has been done so many times and always ignored by the left side.

Nita
They never give up bashing Fox, do they?!?

Which really means that they can't accept the fact that Fox News is here to stay (and they HATE that fact!).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 04:56 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
They never give up bashing Fox, do they?!?

Which really means that they can't accept the fact that Fox News is here to stay (and they HATE that fact!).
SAme as they hate the Tea Party while most have no idea what it is about. They just can't think that thier way of thinking, that cleaned house almost 2 years ago may not last forever..

I will add, as I have many times, I am not a Tea Party member and have no intentions at this of becoming one but I do know a few who have.

Nita

Old 05-27-2010, 05:18 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
I noticed that some of you are clamoring that Obama is the worst president in recent history .........where were you the last 8 years? At least Obama is trying and is not being "punked" by his vp

Old 05-27-2010, 06:07 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,865 times
And now today with his little speech he is going to cost may be 10,000 jobs in the oil industry.

If I were the oil companies I would just shut off the pipelines tomorrow.....

Old 05-27-2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I noticed that some of you are clamoring that Obama is the worst president in recent history .........where were you the last 8 years? At least Obama is trying and is not being "punked" by his vp
[i] don't think many are going that far, only time will tell, the worst in the past 50 years, probably Carter, even the liberal historians would probably agree about that, but again, best and worst is strictly a subjective opinon, nothing more, nothing less.

Oh, you are right he isn't being "punked" by his VP, I didn't think he had one.

Nita

Old 05-27-2010, 07:43 PM

Quote:
[i] don't think many are going that far, only time will tell, the worst in the past 50 years, probably Carter, even the liberal historians would probably agree about that, but again, best and worst is strictly a subjective opinon, nothing more, nothing less.

Oh, you are right he isn't being "punked" by his VP, I didn't think he had one.

Nita
It is sad when some of the talking heads for the tea party speak they are over shadowed by racist and non reading coneheads. I overstand that some of them have a valid point but quite a few are repeating what that think they heard on Faux news

Old 05-28-2010, 05:04 AM

Quote:
It is sad when some of the talking heads for the tea party speak they are over shadowed by racist and non reading coneheads. I overstand that some of them have a valid point but quite a few are repeating what that think they heard on Faux news
Can you give us an example of them hearing these things on FOX news? I have never heard anyone on FOX say anything that is remotely bigoted other than maybe some stupid comments Glenn might make. I don't watch him but have seen a few clips. Even then I can't remember any bigoted remarks, I could be wrong. I can assure you, O'Rielly, Greta, Hannity, Geraldo, Huckabee, etc have never indicated any prejudice..

Nita

Old 05-28-2010, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Can you give us an example of them hearing these things on FOX news? I have never heard anyone on FOX say anything that is remotely bigoted other than maybe some stupid comments Glenn might make. I don't watch him but have seen a few clips. Even then I can't remember any bigoted remarks, I could be wrong. I can assure you, O'Rielly, Greta, Hannity, Geraldo, Huckabee, etc have never indicated any prejudice..

Nita
Do you listen to Rush? At least once a month he says something incredibly stupid. Even Glenn makes sense sometimes

I do not listen to the political rabble from either group, I tend to listen to world news

Old 05-28-2010, 05:38 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,121 times
Quote:
Do you listen to Rush? At least once a month he says something incredibly stupid. Even Glenn makes sense sometimes

I do not listen to the political rabble from either group, I tend to listen to world news
stupid is not bigoted.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:47 PM

Quote:

What does Rush have to do with your referance to FOX news? Do I listen to Rush? No, I don't. Many years ago, when he was on TV we did watch him, I have, on rare occasions (again years ago) picked him up on the radio for maybe 10 or 15 minutes. Now, you say, even Glenn makes sense once sometimes, but you say don't listen too political rabble, how do you know what Glenn is saying?

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections