U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-07-2010, 08:12 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,314 posts, read 38,320,651 times
Reputation: 7103

Advertisements

and Bubba has weighed in...none too happy with the unions....What? Clinton excoriating the unions?


YouTube - "The President"

Quote:
Here is an article from the Washington Post, it says “Some national unions made a decision a few months ago, that they wanted to make Senator Blanche Lincoln the quote “poster child” for what happens when a Democrat crosses them. This is about using you and manipulating your votes. If you want to be Arkansas’s advocate, vote for somebody who will fight for you. Vote for Blanche Lincoln.
Analysis: Arkansas Dems Bruised by Bitter Senate Fight - US News and World Report

Quote:
Lincoln and Halter's marathon chase for the Senate nomination ends on Tuesday, but the damage done by 14 weeks of a bitter campaign in one of the most nationally watched races could be endless. That's bad news for Democrats , who no matter what emerge as underdogs against Republicans in the quest to keep a seat that's remained in the party's control since Reconstruction.
This would be a great pick up for the GOP.

The Left, along with moveon and the unions are pushing a very liberal candidate to beat Lincoln. It is unlikely he would beat the GOP nominee.

I don't know why the Left is so upset with her - she provided the 60th vote for obama, voted for the Stimulus, TARP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-07-2010, 11:55 PM
 
34,995 posts, read 33,731,682 times
Reputation: 6156
It's called rhetoric....

Your video is a commercial for Blanche Lincoln for Senate.

"Lincoln has the support of voters in urban counties and the establishment Democrats that Halter may need to convince conservative Democrats to stick with him in the fall."

Clinton is pretty much THE "establishment Democrat."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2010, 07:34 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
68,779 posts, read 78,850,665 times
Reputation: 38232
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
and Bubba has weighed in...none too happy with the unions....What? Clinton excoriating the unions?


YouTube - "The President"



Analysis: Arkansas Dems Bruised by Bitter Senate Fight - US News and World Report



This would be a great pick up for the GOP.

The Left, along with moveon and the unions are pushing a very liberal candidate to beat Lincoln. It is unlikely he would beat the GOP nominee.

I don't know why the Left is so upset with her - she provided the 60th vote for obama, voted for the Stimulus, TARP.
Here in Ar we wonder the same, she isn't ultra liberal, don't get me wrong, but certainly she has voted with the democrats most of the time. Today will be an interesting one, for sure, especially on the Democrat side..

I am on my way to vote right now.

As for Novemember, even our most liberal columnists think the Democrats are dead on this one come November..

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2010, 09:30 AM
 
34,995 posts, read 33,731,682 times
Reputation: 6156
I wonder why she voted with the Democrats most of the time, nmnita (But she's only been your Senator for two terms, so how would you know?)

LOL -- BRILLIANT on the part of Clinton!!!! That boy knows Arkinsaw!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2010, 09:36 AM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,314 posts, read 38,320,651 times
Reputation: 7103
It's pretty much a foregone conclusion in Nov. The moderate Lincoln has high disapproval ratings, obamacare is deeply unpopular in the state, so is the Failed Stimulus.

Halter ran to the left of Lincoln, in a red state.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2010, 10:14 AM
 
13,180 posts, read 12,634,087 times
Reputation: 4531
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
It's pretty much a foregone conclusion in Nov. The moderate Lincoln has high disapproval ratings, obamacare is deeply unpopular in the state, so is the Failed Stimulus.

Halter ran to the left of Lincoln, in a red state.

This is what tea baggers and Palin fans call "moderate".

A Blue Dog dem that votes in favor of corporate interests over the middle class nearly every time.

No thank you. I don't want those "moderates" in the Democratic Party.

They belong with the GOP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2010, 10:19 AM
 
38,852 posts, read 22,982,403 times
Reputation: 12092
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
This is what tea baggers and Palin fans call "moderate".

A Blue Dog dem that votes in favor of corporate interests over the middle class nearly every time.

No thank you. I don't want those "moderates" in the Democratic Party.

They belong with the GOP.
The only thing that matters is what Arkansas voters want. Which is Halter's biggest problem, because so much of his support comes from outside the state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2010, 10:33 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
68,779 posts, read 78,850,665 times
Reputation: 38232
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I wonder why she voted with the Democrats most of the time, nmnita (But she's only been your Senator for two terms, so how would you know?)

LOL -- BRILLIANT on the part of Clinton!!!! That boy knows Arkinsaw!
what are you babbling about?

We are simply comparing her to liberals, conservatives, etc. Of course she is going to vote with the her party, we would expect that. So what is your point? My point is, some say she leans to the right, she does not.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2010, 10:34 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
68,779 posts, read 78,850,665 times
Reputation: 38232
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The only thing that matters is what Arkansas voters want. Which is Halter's biggest problem, because so much of his support comes from outside the state.
DC, who do you think will pull it out today? I still think Lincoln will take it, but I haven't seen any recent polls. It is nice to see our state getting some attention at least.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2010, 10:57 AM
 
38,852 posts, read 22,982,403 times
Reputation: 12092
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
what are you babbling about?

We are simply comparing her to liberals, conservatives, etc. Of course she is going to vote with the her party, we would expect that. So what is your point? My point is, some say she leans to the right, she does not.

Nita
I think that the definition of Blue Dog Democrat is a Democrat that leans to the right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:24 AM.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top