Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 03:27 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,212,831 times

Advertisements

You reminded me of another: the way cars blow up when they crash as if they were loaded with 100 tons of TNT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 02:46 PM

70 posts, read 104,194 times
Canned laughter tracks on comedy shows!

Why do we need to be prompted on where we should laugh during the program? It's like screaming "Funny! Funny! You should be laughing here." Like I can't decide for myself what I think is funny.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:02 PM

3,037 posts, read 5,929,780 times
I'm still waiting for the bartender in the western town to slide my drink along the bar to me. No really, I'd love to see it for real.
And yes to whoever said women waking with their faces perfectly made up. Mind you, would we want those lights on us first thing in the morning otherwise? Not to mention all those people staring at us...

Old 06-22-2010, 07:53 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,617,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post
You reminded me of another: the way cars blow up when they crash as if they were loaded with 100 tons of TNT.
Worst offender of this ever:

YouTube - American Ninja - Jeep Crash

I have a personal peeve of soliders, cops, etc. that run around with their finger on the trigger in movies. Any trained professional would NEVER do that. You do not put your finger there until you are ready to squeeze the trigger.

Old 06-29-2010, 05:13 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
It always bugs me when people get coffee and are obviously carrying empty cups. You don't gesture wildly with a full cup of hot coffee.

Old 06-29-2010, 05:18 PM

1,602 posts, read 4,159,983 times
People who talk through movies ...

Glamorizing cheating, or making us all feel bad for the adulterer, as if "poor, poor them, no wonder they cheated- they were ignored, or neglected". Like the Bridges of Madison County, or Unfaithful. PLEASE !!! Movies that let you guessing at the end ... Did Richard Gere turn himself in, or did they take the car and drive it off a big cliff and die together ?! lol !

How about when you see a movie about a poor lonely girl, like My Big Fat Greek Wedding, and she suddenly meets some super hot, sexy, athletic, worldly guy ?! Ummm hello !!! I'm no beast- where's my worldly, fun outdoorsy and handsome guy ?! He doesn't even have to be hot or rich- just normal !

Old 06-29-2010, 05:26 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,001,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacq63 View Post
I'm still waiting for the bartender in the western town to slide my drink along the bar to me. No really, I'd love to see it for real.
And yes to whoever said women waking with their faces perfectly made up. Mind you, would we want those lights on us first thing in the morning otherwise? Not to mention all those people staring at us...
Oooh, hate it! Women waking up in full makeup is especially notorious on those '60s sitcoms (My Three Sons, That Girl, etc.). Even the false lashes stayed on.

And, PLEASE, no lights on me when I first wake up!

Old 07-05-2010, 10:35 PM
Itz

714 posts, read 2,199,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artistic Spirit View Post
Canned laughter tracks on comedy shows!

Why do we need to be prompted on where we should laugh during the program? It's like screaming "Funny! Funny! You should be laughing here." Like I can't decide for myself what I think is funny.

my BIGGEST pet peeve... I can overlook dang near everything else... but this... I can't even watch the comedies on TV with because of the canned laughter... They have what - 5 maybe... And they are queued at the most odd times - such as when someone walks into the room...

Old 07-07-2010, 12:13 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,082,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinem View Post
I just love all the squealing tires on dirt roads!

You lock your doors? A lot don't here!

But, I know what you mean...I locked them when I lived in San Francisco...

Other pet peeves--general gun ignorance.

Guns that never run out of bullets. Guys that never miss. Purposely shooting a leg of a running person in the dark from half a mile away. Shotguns that make people suddenly fly backward as if suddenly jerked by a giant invisible rope. Doors and locks magically open from one gunshot. Car doors, car seats, and sheetrock walls that stop bullets. Did you know that any vehicle automatically blows up if shot more than 3 times? That little propane tanks blow up violently if shot? They do in Hollywood.

Baaaaad accents or accents that come and go in movies. If you need someone to sound like a southerner or like they're from Brooklyn or England, there are actually actors who sound like that for real...
I absolutely lock my doors, but then again, I live in Metro Detroit.

Another thing about guns in movies: people who have never fired a gun will pick one up and just start firing away with ease and will hit their target on the first shot. They don't flinch, their hand doesn't recoil, and it's smooth shooting. And people can always shoot sideways, too.

Old 07-07-2010, 03:45 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,219,158 times
Half the time I can't hear what people are saying when they are talking in normal or say slightly quiet 2 person conversation. What is up with that! I'm not hard of hearing. More a movie thing on TV I think though I've never really tried to track it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts