Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2010, 12:19 AM

66 posts, read 154,436 times

Advertisements

The lead male detectives past military experience is always been with the Elite Special Forces. Never a jeep mechanic or paint chipper.
The cute 100 lb. female lead detective in heels has no problem taking down a 250 lb. ape of bad guy in a hand to hand fight.
On the gun range detectives can place all their shots between the eyes, but during an actual shoot out they need 100's of rounds, why bother going to the range?
All lead detectives have had some deep personal tragedy happen in their in lives. That's best left unspoken about, but always gets spoken about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2010, 12:59 AM

4,795 posts, read 12,326,474 times
Pet peeve #1. The vast majority of characters in TV dramas like CSI, NCIS etc. and movies are single. Seems like Hollywood writers can't write interesting married characters.

#2. When they take a blurry photograph, magnify it 10 times in the lab, and then can clearly see the numbers on a license plate that was 100 feet away in the photo.

Old 12-29-2010, 01:26 AM

3,000 posts, read 2,252,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGirlNoMore View Post
Yup!

Oh and if you notice in CSI: Miami, it NEVER EVER rains. I know FL has a lot of sunshine, but it also rains there (supposedly, LOL). One in a great while I've seen what appears to be wet ground as if it rained, but that's rare.
I can not stand that they only seem to do crime scenes at really pretty places or really nice houses. You never see them do a crime scene in a bad part of Miami.

Old 01-01-2011, 11:23 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,051,281 times
Happy Endings!!!!

I hate in how movies one person's life is slowly going down hill [They find out they have cancer, their in debt, and their spouse is divorcing them] and by time the movie ends it's like this ["We made a mistake reading your test results; you don't have cancer!" - "You just won a 20 million dollar lotto!" - "I love you and I don't want the divorce!"] What makes it worse is this all happens usually within the last 10 minutes of the movie.

Old 01-02-2011, 06:04 PM

3,210 posts, read 4,593,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman91 View Post
My pet peeves are Reality TV. Seriously, the term "reality" has either changed significantly since in just the last decade or else the makers of Reality TV have a ridiculously warped view of reality. Seriously, when was the last time you've seen a town in which everyone had ridiculously sexy bodies and partied all the time? And who in their right mind would try to form a marriage based off of that ****ty Married by America show that THANKFULLY lasted only a season? Not to mention other shows that take decent premises and degenerate into gossip, back-stabbing, and general middle school/high school level behavior among adults (think Survivor, Hell's Kitchen, The Real Housewives series, about 80% of what MTV broadcasts, excetera).

I have nothing against people who watch those shows but they are seriously not "reality" despite their name. A better name for Reality TV is "sensational tv" or "adults with the emotional maturity of thirteen year olds TV" or even "we can't think of anything creative so we just took a bunch of outrageous people and payed them to do stupid things in from of the camera to sate both their desire for attention and our desire to make money without working TV".
I'll come clean and admit that I like seeing train wrecks. I don't watch much TV, but when I've seen some reality shows, I always find myself rooting for some sort of fight/BS to break out. I'm one of those heathens who misses the old Jerry Springer (before it was toned down)

Old 01-06-2011, 04:10 PM

2,185 posts, read 4,988,823 times
When a knife wielding serial killer is chasing the girl, she always slips or falls and twists her anke. Another is they get into a car and find keys on the visor or under the seat, lol. of course the car won't start.

Old 01-08-2011, 01:34 PM

30,243 posts, read 16,001,965 times
someone running from an oncoming car like they can out run it. Occasionally they'll dodge into a doorway but not too often.

as much as I love Davin McCallum/Ducky and Pauly Perrette/Abby most of the stuff they say really can be said over the phone. So tell 'em over the phone. hey, one can never have too many cell phone calls.

And my all time one-more-time-and-I-scream peeve is when a character is remembering something that happened to them but see it as if they're watching. Duh! If you it was something that happened to you, you're going to see it from your view point. You may see your hand reach out or whatever, but you're not going to it as we, the viewers, would.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:24 AM

29,627 posts, read 34,103,329 times
This is pretty funny: 5 Things TV Writers Apparently Believe About Smart People | Cracked.com

Quote:
Obviously Dr. Gregory House is the best example, dissing his superiors at every opportunity and regularly putting his patients' lives in danger because he's in a bad mood. That was part of what made him unique six years ago. But later, Cal Lightman from Lie To Me, Walter Bishop from Fringe, Patrick Jane from the Mentalist, and many others popped up. All of them share a similar tendency to see humanity as one giant Youtube comment thread, ripe for trolling.

Old 01-13-2011, 02:28 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,238,620 times
Ever notice that gift boxes open right up? No tearing apart ribbon and wrap ~ just lift the box, which was painstakingly wrapped separately. I took notice of this when I was a little kid.

Also, I hate it when movies are 'dark', as though it was filmed in a tunnel or something. Perhaps I notice it more because I suffer SAD Syndrome. I hate 'dark' movies when it isn't necessary. (Now the movie "Pitch Black" ~ which I enjoyed ~ made sense.)

Old 01-20-2011, 02:25 PM

659 posts, read 1,752,429 times
OK - here's my Top Ten list (roughly in order):

1. Women with fresh/perfect makeup no matter what sort of insane "Blow'd Up" armageddon is going on around them.

2. Car keys kept in the visor of a conveniently-placed get-away car (who the EFF does that?? Like - has anyone EVER kept their car keys in the glove box or in the visor?? What a completely stupid idea)

3. Bullets that never ever ever ever EVER seem to find the good guy. Dude - if bad guys were such crappy shooters - there would be no crime. Ever.

4. The fresh-out-of-college-on-the-way-up-the-career-ladder working girl, just tryin' to make it in the big city, who's NY apartment is bigger than my high school gymnasium. We all know that girl - and she's living with seventeen foreign exchange students from Iceland in a twelve-story walk-up with a bathroom/kitchen combo that used to be the building's maintenance closet.

5. People who randomly know morse code.

6. Perfectly neat-as-a-pin and perfectly-decorated houses/apartments. I'm sorry - the hot, rouge-ish, "maverick," misunderstood bachelor FBI agent with a slammin' bod, great car, and upwardly-mobile career, (who mysteriously remains single) DOES NOT live in a perfectly-clean, tidy and professionally-decorated condo. His condo looks like a frat house on Sunday morning and smells of pee. Let's just keep it real here.

7. Girl in a horror movie running like Marion Jones on a juicing bender while being chased by a limping, shuffling, one-legged moaning zombie, who inevitable catches said girl and eats her brains. I'm pretty sure the undead are way faster than that.

8. Female "doctors" who wear Italian suits and Manolos while seeing patients. Come on... I consider it a win that my doctor hasn't resorted to wearing white Crocs.

9. People who answer their cell phones without looking at the caller ID or screening. Good Lord - I don't even answer when my HUSBAND calls if there is a good song on the radio.

10. "Family members" who look about as likely to be related as Tom Cruise is to be heterosexual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts