Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 09:50 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,642,657 times

Advertisements

Because people are haters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 09:42 PM

14,771 posts, read 17,062,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle grease View Post
These guys are about 14 or 15 in this one. More from the land of OZ that don't disappoint. It must be the outback.... I don't know? I bet I know who can answer it though?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJbuC...eature=related
true, being young doesn't = not good

hahaha Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Awesome song and they were a great band, atleast I loved their first Album. Whatever happened to them?
they're still around
Their last album was quite good
Daniel Johns (lead singer) got sick for a while though

Old 12-11-2010, 04:31 PM

746 posts, read 1,673,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John23 View Post
I think it's the economy.

I think the internet has sort of turned into a mob. It's 90% economic. Remember the 90's? Backstreet boys, lfo, n-sync. No one hated those bands like beiber....or the hate wasn't as intense. I think we live now in an age of almost a lynch mob.
The internet has definitely created some armchair keyboard commandos. People are a lot more vocal now when they can hide behind a screen name. One only has to look at any youtube video to see some pretty vicious comments from people.

But really, the "boyband" thing has been going on since the 60's.

Old 12-11-2010, 09:31 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,207,864 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOAMj36A4yE
I doubt he will stand the test of time like jimi hendrix or the rolling stones
they could really play

Old 12-12-2010, 01:13 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,292,706 times
I think people are "mean" because he's not the best teenage singer there's ever been, and his songs are not that good, to be honest.

Old 12-12-2010, 08:30 PM

6 posts, read 9,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
When you see a 16 year old no talent arse clown catapulted into stardom almost overnight making millions...........umm..........yeah it makes sense. The kid is the epitome of what's wrong with American male teens nowadays. Whimpy, girly, emasculated. And even grown women throw themselves at these little pukes. Look at the Twilight trilogy obsession.

It's pretty sad when Michael Jordan, Justin Bieber, and Tiger Woods do what they do when their country is in economic turmoil. America is a cutthroat, hypercompetitive society nowadays. Winner takes all. Justin Bieber is also extremely "handled" by his mother and other people. Almost to a sickening level.
Actually, Justin Bieber is Canadian, not American.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:20 AM

18,385 posts, read 31,499,727 times
You have to give his mother credit for putting him out there. She knew what she was doing.
Whether he has talent or not, I am too old to listen to his type of music anyway...but he is making money, and that's what counts. Hopefully he will not be stupid and squander it all away.

Geez, My 3 sons were and are much cuter than him, but they just couldn't carry a tune, not even in there pocket.....so i guess singing was "out' for them....LOL.

I think the the problem with this "Bieber" kid, is people, including me just HATE HATE HATE HATE, the hair style.........................I think this is worse than the long 60's hippy styles......I just hate his hair. It is actually annoying.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:29 AM

746 posts, read 1,673,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpac. View Post
Actually, Justin Bieber is Canadian, not American.
He is, but a border doesn't really matter these days. Every Canadian kid might as well be american....We all watch american shows & movies, listen to american music etc. There's nothing really "canadian" about us.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:09 PM

513 posts, read 538,864 times
Because people are insecure and jealous of his success.

Old 12-21-2010, 10:35 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,153,248 times
Talentless people annoy me. And no, it's not because I'm "jealous".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts