U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 11:45 AM

1 posts, read 677 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2017, 07:44 AM

850 posts, read 343,900 times
I have mine on society6. You only get a percentage of what they sell your art on their products for (very, very little), but you can keep your originals.

The ideas above seem like a good list to look into. Selling originals is not gong to be easy unless you find your audience/ buyers. I would recommend art fairs IRL instead.

Not enough coffe yet this morning, I see this is an Old thread. Oh well...

Last edited by simplepeace; 09-18-2017 at 07:45 AM.. Reason: Old thread

Old 09-19-2017, 12:59 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,014,973 times
try local art fairs, if they attract the right type of people(people with money)you should have no trouble selling you art.stay away from country craft fairs ,make sure its a real art show that can attract real art lovers and collectors, i.e. people who arent afraid to spend over $100 for a painting or drawing.some people go to art shows thinking its a garage sale, they'll buy your stuff but for pennies on the dollar.stay away from any type of show that attracts that type of person.

Old 10-14-2017, 08:11 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,410,475 times
Have you thought about putting these artwork on t-shirts and selling it?

Old 10-17-2017, 03:55 PM

204 posts, read 248,389 times
Craigslist and/or Etsy

Old 10-18-2017, 10:50 PM

232 posts, read 90,429 times
Make an art porfolio via a website with previews. There are art galleries online as well. I do not know what kind of work you make but you should be selling paintings for around $2000 to $5000. See those book covers on books. They have taxes and cost that much to make. However without tax it is less. $150 is a drop in the bucket an din no way at all. You should be making physical works that look complete meant for wall hangings.

Old 10-25-2017, 02:43 PM
Status: "It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah" (set 28 days ago)

19,992 posts, read 19,656,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parsano View Post
I have cartoons for sale new ones
that one is funny but I think it's just one of the smileys that I see here all the time and isn't real yours at all

Old 12-24-2017, 10:22 PM

1 posts, read 284 times
I am a pencil artist.I can draw realistic portraits,animal,landscapes etc and I sell them $500 upwards.

Old 12-26-2017, 09:51 AM

45 posts, read 19,760 times
artyah.com (0.10 per listing)

ebluejay.com (free)

ecrater (free)

cafepress, curioos, society6, redbubble, fine art america, prints your image on all types of products called POD, print-on-demand. Great sites to be on, but you DO need to know how to upload large images that have correct resolution so that when the products are printed the print will be clear and not blurry or have jagged outlines called pixelation. If you know how or will learn how to process/edit your images properly, you'd enjoy uploading them and immediately seeing them displayed on all of these different products. It's a real rush and so exciting, but as others have said, competition now is very fierce. Everyone and their brother is trying to make extra money or earn a living selling their creative skills. It can take a long time to start making sales. If you stick with it, and develop your products by tweaking, altering and adapting to what customers are seeking, you can be successful.

Good luck to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or