U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for as the 21st Century Idiot
George Bush 75 55.15%
Dick Cheney 0 0%
Britney Spears 34 25.00%
O.J. Simpson 27 19.85%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 11:03 AM

278 posts, read 803,706 times

Advertisements

I personally have a longer list!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2008, 04:32 PM

10 posts, read 19,384 times
i kinda figured gw would win hands down - dick is just a coldhearted, well, a coldhearted d*ck. britney is just lost and oj was just wrongly sentenced. gw - can you say nuclear? lol

Old 01-11-2008, 09:56 AM

11,294 posts, read 43,263,851 times
Britney-
her sister runs a very close second. Or is it her sister's boyfriend?

Old 01-11-2008, 02:29 PM

9,604 posts, read 13,959,165 times
Easily OJ. People that say Bush is an idiot are just plain wrong. Although people with 1240 SAT scores don't generally get into Yale without connections, idiots don't score 1240.

Old 01-16-2008, 11:27 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,382,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
Of these choices - it would have to be B. Spears.

The other 3 already ran for the title in the 20th century.

OMG- That is too funny! I didn't think of that!

Old 04-04-2008, 01:40 PM

601 posts, read 1,676,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dullnboring View Post
I'll submit a write-in vote: The American public for idolizing Britney Spears, setting OJ free and voting Bush/Cheney into office TWICE. The joke's on us, as they morons reap the benefits of our collective stupidity.
I NEVER VOTED FOR BUSH!!! Just to set the record straight Britney never did a thing for me and the OJ thing was just ridiculous..you know he was guilty.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:18 PM

1,820 posts, read 4,228,327 times
This won't be popular, but my vote is for the world-wide public that is so obsessed by celebrities and sports star's lives in the first place. They are the biggest idiots.

- Those so in love with Oprah that they don't know how to think for themselves anymore. They believe in the delusion that if they own the same pair of pajamas that Oprah loves, they'll be closer to her or more like her. Why, they're her friend! If Oprah mentions it, people will buy/read/do/believe it.

- Those who put celebrities on lofty perches and then love watching them fall so they can point fingers and feel superior. Yet, they will foam at the mouth if someone says an unkind word about them. (How dare they? I'll sue them!)

- Those who are consumed by the voyeurism that is reality/daytime/cable TV.

- Those who run their lives by their TiVo and TV schedules.

- Men who watch hours upon hours of sports on tv and then hypocritically laugh at women who watch soaps, Oprah or Lifetime.

- Those who are more interested in watching other people's lives fall apart on talk shows so they can feel superior about their own messed-up lives.

- The list is endless and full of hypocrisy, greed, lust, gluttony, idolatry, anger, lies, mean-spiritedness and blind followers.

(No, I haven't watched television in years. I don't own a television at all.)

Last edited by Simple Living; 04-04-2008 at 11:28 PM..

Old 04-05-2008, 08:47 PM

652 posts, read 1,978,704 times
There's many ways people define the meaning of the word idiot and I believe most people that are responding to the poll for whatever that poll is worth...not much in my opinion because it offers no redeeming quality that I can tell of in it's intention other than to reach into peoples souls and bring anger back up from the depths. To me....it's just trolling for negativity...its just more rabble rousing.
Also..an idiot...in my opinion has absolutely nothing to do with a persons IQ . As a matter of fact I would have to say...that a person with a high IQ that abuses it...rather than uses it...IMO is a good definition of an idiot.
Far as the Bush responses go...a man with an IQ like his....that was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and had been GIVEN/BOUGHT some great opportunities. Given countless businesses that he literally ran straight into the ground...well...if that does say something....And then became president twice and has brought this country to it's knees. Lost the respect of people world wide....Pretty much made the American people look like the idiots in large numbers.

An "idiot savant" may have an extraordinary IQ within a limited focus yet the other part of his brain is quite handicapped so to call someone an idiot...well...is idiotic. It takes on many forms which is why I find this poll "simply a set up" and trolling for negativity and stirring up hatred.
Not what we need in these hard times. It's hard for me not to conjure up some pretty ill feelings towards our current administration...what they've done to our country .....to me it 's more about evil than being idiots... They knew exactly what they were doing and too many well meaning souls died at their hands because of them.They've come close to bankrupting this country as well. Monies earned of the hard working people spent in the most foolish and self serving fashion one might imagine. Certainly not spent on the ones that worked so long and hard for it. I see very few of these politicians sending their children to war...quite the opposite.
And BTW....Republican and Democrat politcians....ever notice how wealthy most all of them are? Who are the idiots again???

Bush's war reminds me of that great John Fogerty tune.

Fortunate Son

Moderator cut: copyright protected lyrics removed

Last edited by christina0001; 04-08-2008 at 02:50 PM.. Reason: song lyrics are copyright protected and cannot be posted.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:39 PM

25,219 posts, read 36,602,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
The thought just hit me: kind of curious about why this thread is in the entertainment forum. A poll question that doesn't have to do with entertainment, and the nominees are one entertainer, a former entertainer who has not been doing any kind of entertainment in years and has absolutely no chance of doing so again, and two government officials. I'm not sure which forum this fits, but somehow I think there's got to be one where it's more suitable than it is in this fourm. Just a thought.
I find this thread to be very entertaining!

Old 04-07-2008, 05:42 PM

25,219 posts, read 36,602,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
As I adjust my 8x10 signed glossy of Vice President Dick Cheney and my framed invitation from The Committee for The Presidential Inaugural for the Inauguration on Thursday, January 20th of 2005 on my office wall, I cant help but marvel at how people who never met the man just really despise him.

He really is a very, very smart man with strong moral values and a committment to his duty and to our country. I find it extremely offensive that the OP would have him listed on this poll.
See, more entertainment! I just love sarcasm, don't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or