Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 08:40 PM

81 posts, read 43,799 times

Advertisements

I've been watching less TV overall. YouTube has played a role in this , but its not the only reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2019, 09:54 AM

10 posts, read 13,596 times
Thanks to YouTube, I generally stopped watching TV. This is generally boring, but at least there is a choice!

Old 09-09-2019, 08:35 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,367,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VGravitas View Post
I love YouTube!!!!

There are literally millions, if not billions, of videos. Thus far, I've watched documentaries, interviews, movies, debates, video reviews, etc. You name it, and I've probably seen it. I have learned a lot from such videos, and they've broadened my horizons in unimaginable ways.

I now find that I'm watching a lot less television, and I'm considering eliminating cable--and only using antennae tv, which offers the basics.

What about you? Do you find that the Internet, namely YouTube, has made you watch less television?
way less cuz of youtube.

Old 09-10-2019, 02:39 PM

6,734 posts, read 4,413,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chertanovo View Post
Thanks to YouTube, I generally stopped watching TV. This is generally boring, but at least there is a choice!

There is a Youtube Preminum that charges a fee. Eventually all Youtube will be by subscription. With 2 billion viewers, they're not going to let that pass by.

Old 09-12-2019, 09:42 PM

351 posts, read 270,715 times
I agree with a lot of other posts that YouTube is very entertaining. These past 2 years I have found myself watching less tv too because of YouTube. I like watching informative videos on YouTube and also funny videos along with a mix of daily vlogs. I have a few favorite YouTubers and I watch and keep up with their content pretty frequently. I watch it all on my phone so I can watch whenever I have a few minutes of free time here and there it's pretty convenient throughout the work day.

Old 09-15-2019, 07:10 PM

12,382 posts, read 8,134,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
There is a Youtube Preminum that charges a fee. Eventually all Youtube will be by subscription. With 2 billion viewers, they're not going to let that pass by.
With 2 billion viewers they will continue to live by advertising. While trying to introduce a pay service for exclusive professionally made TV and TV movies. All pay is just the opening that a non Google video service supported by advertising is waiting for

Old 09-18-2019, 03:28 PM

2,790 posts, read 1,641,987 times
Nope. I still rather watch TV (Netflix, Prime Video) because despite the millions of videos on YouTube, there's nothing I want to watch.

Old 09-19-2019, 08:21 AM

2,288 posts, read 1,431,722 times
Absolutely. In the past several years YouTube has become my main source of viewing entertainment. Less and less interested in what Hollywood puts out and more interested in regular people who I share common interests with. I still watch a few shows and movies but nothing at all like I did.

Old 09-22-2019, 07:05 PM

1,045 posts, read 758,079 times
I don't watch YouTube much, other than those affirmation videos while I'm working on my screenplays.

Old 09-27-2019, 05:11 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,961,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VGravitas View Post
I love YouTube!!!!

There are literally millions, if not billions, of videos. Thus far, I've watched documentaries, interviews, movies, debates, video reviews, etc. You name it, and I've probably seen it. I have learned a lot from such videos, and they've broadened my horizons in unimaginable ways.

I now find that I'm watching a lot less television, and I'm considering eliminating cable--and only using antennae tv, which offers the basics.

What about you? Do you find that the Internet, namely YouTube, has made you watch less television?
Actually, it is probably because of youtube that I got heavily into DVDs so in a way, I am watching more TV because of it.

Why? In summary because Youtube taught me that what is out there free will eventually be taken away. I will be given a taste of it, may get hooked on it, but then it will disappear (someone will probably demand their copyrights).

It started with La Femme Nikita (Peta Wilson). All the episodes were out there, but then they were gone. Hence, i bought the entire season during a Hastings sale.......and it has gone on from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts