Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 02:56 PM

548 posts, read 890,939 times

Advertisements

I have my own website, Natalie's World its a site about music and entertainment. I have interviewed over 600 musicians from rock, punk, metal, etc.

Lately a few of my interviews have made it onto this heavy metal comedy show called The Classic Metal Show where these 2 guys rant and rave about my interviewing skills, questions, etc.

Short Bus Radio | Spreaker - Be Heard

Does Natalie Know What A Hatriot Is | Spreaker - Be Heard

They do talk a lot of crap towards me and my line of work even though they themselves interview bands too. Anyway I told my mom about this incident and she goes and tells me to just stop this altogether. Meaning MY interviews, don't do it anymore period, as a matter of a fact just don't be on the internet PERIOD.

All I care about is talking to musicians, listen to crazy evil devil music, and all I'm getting in return is harassed, bullied, taken advantage of, tormented, etc. My mom went as far as saying that my work is not professional either, she says my questions aren't good, because they don't sound like it or have BIG words, etc.

So that did hurt me a bit aside from the comedian guys, but I also thought of it and thought of this guy,

https://www.youtube.com/user/BryanStars

He acts goofy and asks some odd ball questions and my questions are quite better than his are I think.

So what I am asking here is what should I do? Should I just ignore everyone and continue doing this or just stop it altogether? Are my questions really that bad? Am I not professional because I didn't go to college to learn how to do this the proper way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2013, 09:09 PM

24 posts, read 26,104 times
Napy, as long as you find it fulfilling and entertaining keep at it. Don't let them beat you down and don't take their criticism to heart.

If people will sit down with ya and be interviewed you have some kind of pull for sure. They don't do that for just anyone.

Take the opposite approach, any mention in any media is positive. You can put together your own defense on your broadcast, or do a faux battle with them, or just ignore them. Depends on what you want to do.

Their vid only has 16 views Napy, they aren't reaching anyone. Just ignore them, haha. You'd help them more by responding to them.

Old 06-03-2013, 12:36 AM

Yeah I see what you mean.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:20 AM

I have watched several of your interviews and found them entertaining. Keep on keeping on Napy. Cheers.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:55 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,823,031 times
Oprah Winfrey and Barbara Walters are interviewers. Does anyone call them "unprofessional?" Winfrey is a billionaire.

Old 06-04-2013, 02:36 AM

My mom thinks I am unprofessional because I ask the same questions, or they don't sound professional because they don't have BIG words or sayings to them.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:44 AM

Napy, most people don't use big words in every day communication. I suppose you could litter your broadcast with inside jokes only fans of the band would get, but that would lessen the appeal for the average person tuning in to find something out about a new band.

Using language that most people use is definitely the way to go. Just be yourself.

You might try to be a big more spontaneous and ask an unplanned question if the band member says something interesting about something, but if that doesn't come naturally to you it will sound forced when you do it.

Old 06-05-2013, 02:28 PM

Oh I see what you mean.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:20 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
Oprah Winfrey and Barbara Walters are interviewers. Does anyone call them "unprofessional?" Winfrey is a billionaire.
They aren't interviewers - they are journalists. What OP does sounds more like a hobby than a profession especially since she doesn't get paid.

Old 06-05-2013, 05:33 PM

Napy, are you making anything at all as a Youtube partner?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts