U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2013, 07:28 PM

322 posts, read 468,984 times

Advertisements

Has anyone noticed that 90's styles seem to be making a comeback. I have been noticing this for the past year or so..so I figured that I would say something about it. All you really have to do is look at what celebrities are wearing,fashion magazines,and in stores. While switching through channels, I notice that Nickelodeon has started to air their shows from the 90's and early 2000's again...and it was actually during daylight hours(if and when they showed them..they would usually be on at like 3:00am). I also noticed this with the Disney Channel. Boy-bands and girl groups are also starting to become popular again. Bands several bands and singers from the 90's have also released new albums. Maybe it's all in my head and I am just imagining it....what do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2013, 12:06 PM

1,003 posts, read 1,329,400 times
I see it coming back in fashion. They are selling Doc Martins again in Forever 21. Also starting to see the baby doll dresses in stores as well. I'd rather have the 90's style back than the horrible 80's fashions that have been in for the past few years.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:38 PM

420 posts, read 571,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragazza2011 View Post
I see it coming back in fashion. They are selling Doc Martins again in Forever 21. Also starting to see the baby doll dresses in stores as well. I'd rather have the 90's style back than the horrible 80's fashions that have been in for the past few years.
Black Man wants to wear the high top fade haircut again.

Old 10-23-2013, 05:29 PM

1,205 posts, read 2,320,333 times
At first I was mad that I pretty much missed the whole 80's comeback. Then I realized if I'm worried about something like that then my problems could be a lot worse.

I just got done watching all three seasons of Portlandia on Netflix. Well the dream of the 90's is alive, I guess.

Old 11-22-2013, 08:19 PM

862 posts, read 1,153,455 times
I don't think the 90's are really old enough yet to be thought in the comeback terms. I still turn up the Chillies, Pearl Jam, STP, Nirvana, Alice in Chains and all the other tunes that haven't died when I think about it. The best thing about the 90's music is that it's now a part of the airplay sets of some classic rock stations . In between the favourites of yesteryear, it's nice to hear something that was hugely popular just barely 20 years ago.

Can't remember which radio station it was, but there was a mix of Jimi's Little Wing, to RHCP's Scar Tissue to Sabbath's Changes and then a couple of the Nirvana Unplugged tunes back to back. It was an awesome set that really put me in a good mood.

People love to reminisce the fun and frisky times of the Clinton administration. It's amazing how much the man is adored wherever he goes. Hordes of women flock to see him when he makes public appearances and speaks at conferences.

Old 01-20-2014, 09:32 AM

28 posts, read 33,349 times
Yep, its definitely happening especially here in Arkansas. Omg... its everywhere.

Old 01-24-2014, 10:47 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,053,552 times
It totally is -I was an adult in the 90s and have seen lots of stuff making a comeback fashion-wise.
Leggings,tights with long shorts,babydoll dresses and boots,hats.
Heroin
Have any of you see Portlandia? Hilarious. The 90s are alive in Portland!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or