U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 10:24 AM

4,733 posts, read 3,130,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanArt View Post
Well for starters in no way I am going to spend $2000 dollars on Netflix a month. This is what my boss from my odd job does. He makes $80,000 grand and out of 24 months he spends more then $48,000 dollars alone on Netflix. His saving grace is that his wife is extremely brilliant and makes up for the income that is loss. No way. I prefer living in private knowing what I buy has a sense of value to it.
No he doesn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2017, 12:47 PM

4,586 posts, read 2,053,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
No he doesn't.
That's what I'm thinking. I don't think DanArt knows how Netflix works. It's not like Blockbuster where you pay for each rental.

Old 11-16-2017, 10:41 AM

14,313 posts, read 6,581,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post

In other words, you "experience" it for free, at the expense of the artist.
It's not quite that simple.

I often listen to music on You Tube while I'm on the computer, but I also already own the CDs.

I often have bought music that I "tried out" on You Tube.

Old 11-28-2017, 03:01 PM

84 posts, read 5,348 times
I don't buy movies but I will still buy CDs if I can help it. I never outgrew them (I still play discs on my machine while browsing the internet) and besides, I like having a hard copy of my music.

Old Today, 03:31 PM

123 posts, read 60,105 times
I don't much anymore. Like you, I find it hard to justify the clutter. If I do buy something it's because it has some sentimental value to me. I like to have copies of my absolute favorites on hand, but otherwise I can do without.

Old Today, 04:04 PM

851 posts, read 717,649 times
I have mine as backup. I'm talking 1000+ movies and TV shows on DVD and a brand new DVD player to fall back on. Also there's a chance I can't keep my net anymore where I get NetFlix and Amazon Prime. I'm on Disability and that can dropout from under me.

Trump already cut my EBT (food) benefit in half. What else is he's going to do? He's going after the flakers but he's hurting the real ones too.

I don't like OTA TV because of too damn much commercials.

Old Today, 05:29 PM

13,435 posts, read 16,089,058 times
Yes. I have a dedicated home theater setup and streaming quality is just nowhere near as good as Blu-Ray, ESPECIALLY audio.

Old Today, 06:49 PM

10,370 posts, read 38,200,554 times
have been buying vinyl and CD's for years, primarily because the artists/performances that I want to hear are not on the playlists of the streaming audio providers. There's more to listening than hearing a particular composer's piece played by one of the "Top 10" performers which is all you may get on the streaming audio

Of course, my choices in music are far out of the mainstream in classical music genres. But one does get tired very quickly of listening to St Muzak in the Field's performances of stuff, or not being able to find favorite renditions of piano solos, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts