U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 02:33 PM

161 posts, read 76,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
DVDs have a smell?
There is a slight scent to the disc, and particularly the sleeve and liner notes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 08:13 PM

701 posts, read 302,430 times
Clutter is my friend. Still buy tons of DVDs & get excited to find some old school CDs around - still have a collection of albums and cassettes too. I like having bookshelves filled with books and media. I just do. I love to find a bargain at a garage sale, library sale or for cheap on ebay. I like to look at it and it gives me a sense of satisfaction to see everything I have on shelves without having to scroll and scroll and scroll and forgetting what I have or having to be near a computer or TV to watch or listen to something & trying to see anything on a phone drives me nuts. Have lost wifi signals, have lost on demand -been unable to access it at times -but have never lost the physical copy of something or been unable to play something I wanted to watch or listen to when I wanted, where I wanted. Of course we have portable DVD players and CDs players too. Plus I can lend it out to someone and we can swap things. It is a collection. A collectible. I like a home that feels lived in and shows possessions of things we love. I always felt bad for minimalists - it seems such a barren and sad existence. But I understand the millennials are all about experiences instead of products so I guess that comes with growing up in a digital world. I guess to answer the OPs question - it is a big yes. And from the way I see people hoarding media at thrift shops and garage sales etc. - I'd say there are a LOT of physical media people around here too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or