U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 11:21 AM

1,904 posts, read 641,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHS View Post
Take it seriously. It was meant that way. I called myself an "aging dinosaur" in anticipation of the Millenials and other younger folks who would most likely see me that way because I prefer to own disks as opposed to streaming.

What is Spotify?

Then that makes two of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2018, 11:23 AM

41,278 posts, read 32,959,608 times
I just ordered two older CDs online - both of them are used but in very good condition. I ordered them to play on a CD player for my mom, who has dementia. They are music that she likes, but I couldn't find some of it online at all, and as for the other one, it was online but she doesn't have a bluetooth speaker at her facility. I'd rather just take a CD player up there and leave it and then bring a few CDs to play for her.

Old 11-10-2018, 07:29 AM

340 posts, read 128,637 times
If I can't download it I will buy it eventually.

Old 11-10-2018, 07:14 PM

19,466 posts, read 13,121,855 times
Books for me. I typically read 2 at a time, alternating between them, and I read a lot of everything.

I've sometimes thought of buying a digital reader, but I do like reading a book- they need no batteries, and they'll never disappear on the internet. I purge my collection once in a while, but I'll always have stacks of them around the house.

Old 11-10-2018, 08:03 PM

18,198 posts, read 16,725,010 times
No, I very rarely buy any cd's, movies, or books. I get my music off a service, my movies off of Netflix, and for books I use my Kindle.

Old 11-10-2018, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
No, I very rarely buy any cd's, movies, or books. I get my music off a service, my movies off of Netflix, and for books I use my Kindle.
You could be my kid.

Old 11-11-2018, 06:47 PM

30,765 posts, read 9,201,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Books for me. I typically read 2 at a time, alternating between them, and I read a lot of everything.

I've sometimes thought of buying a digital reader, but I do like reading a book- they need no batteries, and they'll never disappear on the internet. I purge my collection once in a while, but I'll always have stacks of them around the house.

I'd rather curl up with a book than a Nook.

Old Today, 03:16 PM

4,575 posts, read 7,575,323 times
I still buy DVDs, CDs, magazines, & a book here & there because I like having the tangible items in my possession. Stored away online somewhere in my mind means it could be wiped out if electronic things go haywire.

I hope Barnes & Noble NEVER closes. I'm still mad about the closings of Blockbuster, DVD Planet, Second Spin, Suncoast, & Borders. FYE mostly has pop culture shirts & other junk & much less DVDs.

Even the DVD section of Walmart hasn't been the same in the last FEW MONTHs. The shelves are more empty all the time.

Old Today, 03:23 PM

1,873 posts, read 1,115,512 times
I buy physical CD's and sometimes DVD's when I'm in Japan because they literally don't exist on the internet. Anything else I just buy online. Japan still has Tower Records bby~

Old Today, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I still buy DVDs, CDs, magazines, & a book here & there because I like having the tangible items in my possession. Stored away online somewhere in my mind means it could be wiped out if electronic things go haywire.

I hope Barnes & Noble NEVER closes. I'm still mad about the closings of Blockbuster, DVD Planet, Second Spin, Suncoast, & Borders. FYE mostly has pop culture shirts & other junk & much less DVDs.

Even the DVD section of Walmart hasn't been the same in the last FEW MONTHs. The shelves are more empty all the time.
Fleamarkets, library book sales, Goodwills, Salvation Army, and Savers are but a few places to pick up on used media(from vinyl to cassettes to Blu Ray and all in between) at a fraction of new $retail. You have been notified. Get crackin' and start building up that collection before they're gone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts