Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 05:57 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,672,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
Have not. Is it along the lines of Brave New World?

It's a short story, probably easy to find, because it's famous for being early science-fiction-ish, about a hundred years ago. It imagines a world where everybody stays at home and just communicates - gasp! - electronically. Check it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 11:18 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
I've lost interest in both. They pump out way too many movies way too fast these days, especially Marvel movies. Everything has become way too commercialized and profit driven. Naturally it's better to have them as movies so they can capitalize in theater sales and subsequent bluray sales compared to television, unless you put it on a premium channel like HBO where they get their cash that way. The internet/smartphones/android has become equally annoyingly profit driven.. apps with video ads, in game purchases of power up items that make playing a game on your phone more like gambling where you spend a little here and there which adds up over time.

I try to turn my back on all this stuff the more it's pushed in my face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts