U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2018, 12:23 PM

403 posts, read 136,719 times

Advertisements

Would like to stay at Youtube longer but the beautiful autumn cool sunny day is calling.

Another Bowie performance was just now my last video watched

This is Under Pressure with David's long time bass player the extremely talented Gail Ann Dorsey...From David's 50th birthday bash at Madison Square Garden, January 9, 1997

Insanity laughs under pressure we're cracking
Can't we give ourselves one more chance?
Why can't we give love that one more chance?
Why can't we give love, give love, give love, give love, give love, give love, give love, give love?..

'Cause love's such an old-fashioned word
And love dares you to care for
The people on the edge of the night
And love dares you to change our way of
Caring about ourselves
This is our last dance
This is our last dance
This is ourselves
Under pressure
Under pressure
Pressure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTHUPvL9ghY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2018, 08:17 PM

18,218 posts, read 20,402,918 times
Anybody know why YT has stopped putting the red bar under a watched video? Also why I can't get rid of feeds on my home page? ie gaming, live, trending etc?

Thanks. To stay on topic I watched Greg Morton on Dry Bar Comedy channel.

Last edited by Jaxson; 10-25-2018 at 08:25 PM..

Old 10-26-2018, 04:16 PM

24,076 posts, read 23,095,282 times
Former CIA Chief Explains How Spies Use Disguises | WIRED

Old 10-26-2018, 05:22 PM

10,849 posts, read 6,061,117 times
I was watching tv this AM, for a bit of levity, they showed these 2 Corgi dogs working out on a treadmill. Check out the one on the right :

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=77MhXekkIwk
https://youtu.be/77MhXekkIwk

Last edited by cat1116; 10-26-2018 at 05:34 PM.. Reason: Link. Grrr, can’t get the video to display like it did for NY 915. Regrets.

Old 10-26-2018, 05:30 PM

1,867 posts, read 910,430 times
X-Files bloopers.

Old 10-28-2018, 07:00 PM

Harry Chapin - Taxi

On July 16, 1981 I was driving on the Long Island Expressway from eastern Long Island into NY City to attend a surprise birthday party for a good musician friend who use to play at CBGB's....his wife planned the party and we all chipped in for a charter sail boat so we could celebrate his birthday with a party on the water around Manhattan..

Its about a 1 1/2 hour drive for me into the city and so I left my place around 5 and as i was getting nearer to the west end of of the island toward the city when I saw over to the right lane area there had been an earlier accident.....I learned later that the accident happened in early afternoon and all westbound lanes were closed for 3 hours or so....but as I approached traffic was moving ok....

It wan't until we all met up at the boat slip that we learned that singer Harry Chapin lost his life in that accident. He was on his way to give a free concert in Westubry, NY and was driving on the left lane when he suddenly put on his emergency flashers and crossed into the center lane and than to the right trying to get off the highway...but when he quickly got over to the right lane now at a slowed downed speed of 15 miles per hour a tractor trailer couldn't stop in time and smashed into the rear of Harry's Volkswagen with the impact of the crash ignited the fuel tank while the tractor climbed up and over Harry's car.

The truck driver rushed to Harry's burning car and cut his seat belt and was able to pull him away from the car...Harry was rushed by helicopter to the nearest hospital and many doctors tried to save him but due to the massive force of the impact of the tractor trailer having smashed into the rear of his car, Harry died of massive hemorrhaging into his chest cavity...He was 38 years old.

R.I.P. Harry --December 7, 1942 - July 16, 1981

The food bank he founded in 1980, Long Island Cares, is still going strong after all these years...as well as the Harry Chapin foundation...Harry would often tell his wife "Money is for people" so he gave most of his away mostly to feed the hungry.

Without any further ado here's Harry doing Taxi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfqjKDRQvWI

Old 10-28-2018, 08:32 PM

1,204 posts, read 929,034 times
Damn that was tragic. What was his emergency pullover?

Old 10-28-2018, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeGer View Post
Damn that was tragic. What was his emergency pullover?
Authorites assumed he had a medical emergency but an autopsy revealed his heart was good ...and they couldn't find any other medical cause that might have made him attempt to pull over quickly...

So it was assumed he was having car trouble ...3 lanes across and he was on the far left lane as he was known to drive quite fast...actually had his license taken away at the time of the accident ...according to other motorist as he quickly entered the center lane he came very close to hitting another vehicle...and than he went to the far right lane where the tractor trailer driver was motoring along....and had no chance to stop from smashing Harry in the rear...

So it has always bee assumed he experienced sudden lose of power as by the time he served over to the far right lane his speed was estimated to be down to 15 m.p.h....and people haul on the expressway so he had to have something taking place that made him begin to lose engine power...as motorist near him estimated his speed on the left lane going 65

The trucker wasn't issued any citation ( rightfully so IMO ) but Harry's wife did sue the trucking company that owned the truck and was awarded a multi-million dollar amount. Harry had his license revoked at the time and was faulted for a percent of the accident but also was the trucking company.....in my personal opinion unfairly since the driver did rush to cut Harry's seatbelt to drag him out of the car before the flames spread more....But also there wasn't anyway the trucker could have avoided running into a very slower moving vehicle suddenly put directly in his path in the right lane.

Harry at the time he was pulled out of his car did not suffer much burn wise but if the trucker did not risk his owe life by reaching in and cutting his seatbelt and pulling him out from the safety of the fire no doubt he would have been burned much more badly.....but after a heart attack was ruled out it was determined he died from the hemorrhaging into his chest cavity which was caused by the impact of the tractor trailer smashing into the rear of his car.

And while his driving record was dismal he was a kind and generous soul to anyone who needed help

https://www.nytimes.com/1981/07/26/n...ry-chapin.html

Tragic all the way around

Last edited by NY 915; 10-28-2018 at 09:10 PM..

Old 10-29-2018, 08:16 PM
JL

7,345 posts, read 11,735,107 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IQH2HIVspg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsUWMKc11zw

Old 10-30-2018, 09:02 AM

Another musical artist that was taken from us way to soon...Marvin was shot and killed by his own father one day short of his 45th birthday ....but Marvin was at the time an extremely troubled man.

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...his-own-father

R.I.P. Marvin ...April 2, 1939 - April 1, 1984

Marvin Gaye - Sexual Healing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjlSiASsUIs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or