Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 08:25 AM

4,539 posts, read 5,360,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
Nothing horrible about Nappy Roots, or Outkast, too much southern rap is club music, that's the problem. Sure Paul Wall, and Lil Jon are the epitome of bad southern rap, they aren't spokesmen for it. Nothing horrible about these:
You are talking about music from 10 years ago (Outkast) and 7 years ago (Nappy Roots who I never heard of).

Hip hop of today is garbage. Even these guys know that its garbage.

Some NSFW language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4rq2d5FXQ4#t=277
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2014, 08:39 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,705,200 times
I think you do not know your history of music.

Go read the history behind electronic music, Leon Theremin et al. all Caucasians.

Race has very little to do with music, if I gave you samples of music and you liked them would you really question what race of people made the music? If you did, you might want to get some professional help for your racist views.

In my opinion, I do not think hip hop will be overrun by Caucasians. You might also want to check your facts on rap/hiphop producers, as most of the black rappers today purchase their beats from white producers.

Old 11-16-2014, 09:52 PM

22,622 posts, read 24,472,602 times
The Whytee rap singer named after the candybar is the ultimate.....after that, no more Whytee gangsta singers.

Old 11-19-2014, 03:25 PM

261 posts, read 511,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post

Go read the history behind electronic music, Leon Theremin et al. all Caucasians.

Race has very little to do with music, if I gave you samples of music and you liked them would you really question what race of people made the music? If you did, you might want to get some professional help for your racist views.

In my opinion, I do not think hip hop will be overrun by Caucasians. You might also want to check your facts on rap/hiphop producers, as most of the black rappers today purchase their beats from white producers.
I need to know my history on music ? You dont even know that Electronic music and House are two completely different genres of music. When did I ever mention Electronic music ?

Race has a lot to do with music considering we live in a time and place at where it determines how it is received though out the masses.

If you look at the statics the rate at which Caucasians went from consuming it to now making the music has risen at a very high rate (just study this and even look at the past markets of music at where Whites slowly started to take to it). I am looking at the Battle Rapping scene at which it was rare to see a white person at them. Now they come to them and even make their own competitions now.

And you are ridiculous to think any Hip-hop star are buying beats from White producers. Which songs ? Examples ? The closest thing that comes to mind is the Hip-Pop music that Nicki Minajah does and that is heavily consider to be pop music.

You clearly have no idea on what your talking about.

Old 11-19-2014, 04:22 PM

4,857 posts, read 5,793,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
You are talking about music from 10 years ago (Outkast) and 7 years ago (Nappy Roots who I never heard of).

Hip hop of today is garbage. Even these guys know that its garbage.

Some NSFW language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4rq2d5FXQ4#t=277
How old those songs are doesn't matter, his point was southern rappers suck, and they are bringing down the genre, my point was those are two southern groups who rap, who are not spitty rappers of southern claim, thusly all southern rap does not suck. Who is Nappy Roots, well a well known group from my hometown, who's as famous as My Mourning Jacket, also from my hometown; Louisville KY.

Old 11-20-2014, 05:01 PM

318 posts, read 607,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post

Old 11-21-2014, 05:41 AM

5,652 posts, read 6,962,789 times
As with most cultural trends, IMO, this is more socioeconomic than race. If you replaced "black" for "poor" or "marginalized", then things make more sense.

The middle class didn't - and couldn't - create blues or "Negro Spirituals" or Motown or rap or hip-hop.

But, as with most cultural trends, once it rises to acceptance in groups above its origin, that implies there's money to be made. And once there's money to be made, then it's a free-for-all.

So in essence, I agree with the OPs assertion that hip-hop winds up far from its roots, watered-down and produced and performed by people (white or black) who wouldn't have been caught dead being involved in the initial movement.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:04 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,655,503 times
Hip-Hop USED to be good.
It really did.

Now, it all kinda seems the same...childish boasting of money, jewelry, and women.

Like Rick Ross aka Rozzay.... his new album "hood billionaire" seems almost feeble-minded. He's not even a billionaire lol. Wasn't he a security guard before he became a rapper? Whatever tho, that shouldn't matter...the fact that he's not a billionaire is comical.

also French Montana and his "Coke boys" clique ....again seems cliche and corny.
Wiz Khalifa? lmao. he's ok if you're 13..... or u smoke weed I guess. However, I did like that "we dem boyz" song, not gonna lie.

Um, let's see...who else? Juicy J?-- he became white washed with that Katy Perry song
oh... and Weezy aka lil Wayne aka Weezy F baby---- little guy was having seizures because we was sipping on too much lean and became lame. His rap is like bubble gum rap now. I liked him back in the day when he was part of Big Tymers.

Drake--- I like Drake. Also, I like Nicki Minaj

Whatever happened to Mike Jones? lol. or Wale? lil Jon? meh....

rap is kind of crap right now.

I liked "fabolous" back in the day. ... Timbaland, Missy E, Snoop, Nelly (lol, embarrassed to say) omg and Chingy with that right thurrr song hahaha used to love it.

Old 11-22-2014, 07:03 AM

14,649 posts, read 14,564,024 times
People have been predicting this "whitewash" since Vanilla Ice and the Beastie Boys (1986 version), and it hasn't happened yet. Instead, it's become commercialized (for decades now) and long been who makes the most money not who has the toughest lyrics.
That's why many of us older, whiter cats who grew up during the Golden Age of hip-hop can't be bothered

Old 11-25-2014, 08:58 PM

4,857 posts, read 5,793,640 times
I can't be too bothered either, I mostly listen to M.F. DOOM, and Eminem, aas far as new stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts