U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 10:35 AM

121 posts, read 24,522 times

Advertisements

TV - EastEnders

Music - Little Mix

Movie - high school musical
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2017, 04:31 PM

1,231 posts, read 360,524 times
TV- commercials; local news; 99% of reality shows but I like Shark Tank, and used to watch Simmons Family Jewels; sports.

Film - loud movies.

Music -certain classic rock songs, the over played ones; Bro Country; that indie style of singing that females do where it's breathy and they sing like babies & have a really fast vibrato.

Old 08-18-2017, 04:55 PM

281 posts, read 620,090 times
TV - overly analytical news channels or annoying 1 dimensional characters

Film - emotionally manipulative, predictable or visually dark

Music - repeated syllables like o-o-o-o when o would have been fine

Last edited by AusParent; 08-18-2017 at 05:06 PM..

Old 08-18-2017, 05:53 PM

7,707 posts, read 5,023,712 times
Tv: The shows where there is more than one host and they keep talking over one another

Movies: 80% or more filmed in dark alleys or something.

Music: some rap and that death metal where it's all screaming.

Old 08-21-2017, 06:08 AM
Status: "Hung the wallpaper upside-down!" (set 24 days ago)

859 posts, read 158,591 times
The sound: It is full-range, but it's so compressed, dynamically!

Old 08-31-2017, 07:26 AM

226 posts, read 91,366 times
TV: commercials that are played over and over, reality shows, sports, award shows

Movies: gangsters, war, anything with lots of guns, bombs and screaming

Music: anything with autotune- it's like nails on a blackboard, rap and hip hop

Old 09-01-2017, 01:24 PM

835 posts, read 377,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Film- Anything with a lot of blood and gore, movies like Date Movie, Epic Movie, etc.

TV- Most sitcoms, Award shows, American Idol, etc.

Music- Most mainstream top 40 music from 2005 or so to now, there are some I like or can tolerate but most of it is forgettable garbage. I also don't like Country songs like the following.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XB2peAKwOA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YfNFR6gh2E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtMy5IBmX7E

I feel songs like these are just begging to to reinforce the stereotype that people who like country music are drunk hillbillies.

Oh my, I HATE HATE HATE that god-awful song and songs like it. I'm really glad someone else hates it because I swear everyone else around me loves it. She sounds like she had rocks in her mouth while recording that song.
She is in serious need of a PERSONAL trainor.............

Old 09-01-2017, 01:35 PM

947 posts, read 269,643 times
TV- Any talent show like AGT, Dancing with the Stars, etc.
Music- 75% of all acts out now
Movie- Any movie that crams PC crap down your throats.

Old Today, 01:23 PM

32,376 posts, read 29,236,548 times
TV -

Too be honest, I have so many channels, I don't begrudge other people's taste in TV shows. If they think The Golf Channel whisperers or The Real Housewives of Timbuktu is good stuff, I can find something else to watch. Besides, more choices, more people working. That's a good thing.

13 episode seasons (or less) on cable. It's too long between seasons.

Rolling the credits extra fast or squishing the credits to like 2 pt font so you can't read them (typically at the end of dramas) while they advertise some other show or some other episode. What's with the unions in Hollywood putting up with this stuff? It has been going on for at least 20 years. I want to know who sang that song I heard in the middle of the show, who that actor was who only had a few lines, where the show was made, etc.

Film -

Remakes of good movies. They should remake bad movies and make them better.

Same titled movies. The IMDb is your friend. Look up the title and make sure another movie, totally unrelated, doesn't have the same title before you spend a gazillion dollars on it. Is that so hard to do?

Dance fights (Mission Impossible 2) in a non-musical - When it starts, you can go to the restroom, go to the concession stand, make a phone call and when you get back to your seat, the characters are still dance fighting.

Paycheck (another John Woo movie - not a fan). This one felt like they were making it up as they went along. Annie Hall, Shakespeare In Love...

Heist movies (all of them)

Fantasy (all of them)

Music -

Beyoncé humping around the stage in her underwear. If she can sing she shouldn't have to grind like some pole dancer. What is she going to do when she's an old lady and still has a good voice?

Performers who preach from the stage to a captive audience about politics. Just shut up and sing. If you have an opinion, put it in a song. No one is paying a lot of money for a concert ticket to hear you talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts