Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2016, 03:31 PM

50,796 posts, read 24,310,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
Are you referring to his "Just f---ing get over it comments?" If so that's freedom of speech and people should f---ing get over it and realize he has that right.
He has that right.
And others have the right to condemn him, to refuse to associate or work with him, to refuse to finance his films, etc.

Old 08-06-2016, 03:32 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,147,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
some say Hollywood should stop funding his films and actors should refuse to work with him
Nice bait.

He's a curmudgeonly old dude, "get off my lawn!" ...as one article phrases it. Reminds me of my late father; they'd be about the same age had my dad survived.

I don't take what curmudgeonly old people say terribly seriously. I did admire what he said, though, very much as it's the unvarnished reality of what many of us in the U.S. think these days. We're fed up with PC blue sky, in that some of it may get us ALL killed or marginalized on the world stage eventually.

So, end of the day, my $.02: he should be listened to politely. Rebutted and debated with politely. Good luck with that. And the far Left psycho media in the tank for the Democrats should then move onto the next thing, which is equating borders-language-culture-patriotism with "racism." GMAB. Rest assured, they will.

And, Mr. Eastwood will pay a political price amongst the far Left Hollywood establishment. But at this point, not sure how that would manifest since he's about to head off to pasture (quiet retirement) anyway, one would assume. He's 86, for chrissake.

Old 08-06-2016, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
I wouldn't vote for Trump if you put a gun to my head but Mr. Eastwood should and will continue to make films. As long as he keeps making good films that make money I am sure his projects will get funded.
Or not. He's 86. His days in the film business are numbered.

Old 08-06-2016, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
This is America, not China - he is allowed to have an opinion and express that opinion. The problem is most of Hollywood consists of bleeding heart liberals.
So he has the right to state his opinions, but "bleeding hearts" do not have the right to state their opinions. Which right-wing dictatorship are you from?

Old 08-06-2016, 03:36 PM

1,092 posts, read 832,822 times
No

Old 08-06-2016, 03:50 PM

749 posts, read 852,626 times
We could make a list of everyone in Hollywood that .......oh wait......merica done been dar an done dat......https://www.google.com/#q=mccarthyism

Make special note of that last part - "especially in order to restrict dissent or political criticism."

Old 08-06-2016, 03:54 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,894,623 times
Yeah I'm sure Clint Eastwood is REALLY pearl clutching over the possibility of Hollywood "denouncing" him.

Just like he was SO worried in 2012.

Were you paying attention THEN?

Old 08-06-2016, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
So he has the right to state his opinions, but "bleeding hearts" do not have the right to state their opinions. Which right-wing dictatorship are you from?
The poster didn't say that or even infer it.

So why say they did?

ICYMI:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
This is America, not China - he is allowed to have an opinion and express that opinion. The problem is most of Hollywood consists of bleeding heart liberals.
And do you disagree with that statement?

Old 08-06-2016, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondebaerde View Post
Nice bait.

He's a curmudgeonly old dude, "get off my lawn!" ...as one article phrases it. Reminds me of my late father; they'd be about the same age had my dad survived.

I don't take what curmudgeonly old people say terribly seriously. I did admire what he said, though, very much as it's the unvarnished reality of what many of us in the U.S. think these days. We're fed up with PC blue sky, in that some of it may get us ALL killed or marginalized on the world stage eventually.

So, end of the day, my $.02: he should be listened to politely. Rebutted and debated with politely. Good luck with that. And the far Left psycho media in the tank for the Democrats should then move onto the next thing, which is equating borders-language-culture-patriotism with "racism." GMAB. Rest assured, they will.

And, Mr. Eastwood will pay a political price amongst the far Left Hollywood establishment. But at this point, not sure how that would manifest since he's about to head off to pasture (quiet retirement) anyway, one would assume. He's 86, for chrissake.
Maybe you're another person who wasn't paying attention to Clint Eastwood in 2012?

He didn't need them after that either.

Including his epic movie American Sniper, about Chris Kyle which was one of his largest grossing films EVER and got him an Academy Award nomination.

Old 08-06-2016, 04:27 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,589,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
Eastwood had a long successful career of making violent, non-PC movies. Unfortunately for him, times change, and he hasn't been able to change with them.

Not too surprising, my grandparents held views that were also anachronistic and some were racist or borderline racist... but that is how they were raised and it wasn't considered racist when they were growing up, it was simply the way things were, the status quo. Eastwood's in the same boat, he's old and set in his ways, and there's just no changing him. He's free to say what he wants, but most people know he's an old fossil and doesn't really speak for anyone.
Time changing has nothing to do with anything. The sun still comes out during the day and the moon comes out at night. Some people like change and lots of other people are happy the way things are and don't need to change with the tide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts