U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-31-2016, 09:36 AM
 
3,273 posts, read 1,949,833 times
Reputation: 6294

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I think you're talking about Bruce Willis. And Ashton was married to Willis' wife, Demi, but Bruce is not Ashton's dad, lol.
I think Bruce would find it funny if someone thought he was Ashton's dad. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-31-2016, 09:43 AM
 
3,273 posts, read 1,949,833 times
Reputation: 6294
MEL GIBSON. Ugh. Can't say any more. Just. Go. Away.
Adam Sandler. About as funny as a hernia.
Will Ferrell. See Adam Sandler above.
Lindsay Lohan. Don't get me started.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2016, 11:55 AM
 
Location: Houston, TX
13,186 posts, read 7,413,513 times
Reputation: 27277
#1 Nicholas Cage
#2 Maggie Q
Nicholas Cage and Maggie Q because they are both wooden actors for whom acting seems to be very forced and unnatural.
#3 Jennifer Lopez-another bad actor. Just because you're a successful singer doesn't mean you can act. And both her acting and choice of roles are atrocious.

Oh, and I really wish Morgan Freeman and Samuel L. Jackson would retire already. Not because they can't act, (because they're excellent) but because I would love to see a movie without one or the other of them in it. It seems like they star in every big picture that has ever been produced for the last 30 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2016, 01:41 PM
 
Location: State of Washington (2016)
3,297 posts, read 2,184,567 times
Reputation: 12424
I'm sick of seeing Sam Jackson in darn near every movie as well - screeching and cursing and annoying.
I'm not a big Denzel fan either but he is a good actor - I just think he's overrated in both looks and ability.
Woody Allen - I liked his earlier movies but now he just seems like a disgusting, old pedophile to me.
Mel Gibson - he should just fade into the woodwork with his millions and never act or direct again.
Jennifer Lopez - she is too old to be keep playing the sweet, young thing who finds the man of her dreams.
Julia Roberts
Jennifer Aniston
Adam Sandler, Will Farrell, Jack Black, Ben Stiller (all the same talentless waste of film types)
I never saw the appeal of Will Smith either or Martin Lawrence.
Chris Tucker always struck me as an Eddie Murphy wannabe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2016, 02:35 PM
 
3,273 posts, read 1,949,833 times
Reputation: 6294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
#1 Nicholas Cage
#2 Maggie Q
Nicholas Cage and Maggie Q because they are both wooden actors for whom acting seems to be very forced and unnatural.
#3 Jennifer Lopez-another bad actor. Just because you're a successful singer doesn't mean you can act. And both her acting and choice of roles are atrocious.

Oh, and I really wish Morgan Freeman and Samuel L. Jackson would retire already. Not because they can't act, (because they're excellent) but because I would love to see a movie without one or the other of them in it. It seems like they star in every big picture that has ever been produced for the last 30 years.
A number of people have mentioned Nicholas Cage. I've always liked his acting, but because of all that plastic surgery he has had, I LITERALLY cannot look at him any more. He just creeps me out with that weird Skeletor-like face. Doesn't anyone ever tell these people that they've had enough plastic surgery? No, of course not. There is money to be made.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2016, 05:45 PM
 
4,861 posts, read 2,158,779 times
Reputation: 12380
Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
Only one actress/actor that rubs me the wrong way, and those of you not around at that time wouldn't understand. Goes back to the early 70's. Thankfully, she's not acting anymore. Jane Fonda.


.
Bummer, you are missing her on Frankie and Grace. It's a great show. And like most people we apologize for our past actions and move on. Sad that you allow her actions from 40 years ago to impede a valid actors skills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2016, 05:49 PM
Status: "Bountiful pine needle harvest" (set 25 days ago)
 
Location: Near Manito
19,283 posts, read 20,166,730 times
Reputation: 13376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Bummer, you are missing her on Frankie and Grace. It's a great show. And like most people we apologize for our past actions and move on. Sad that you allow her actions from 40 years ago to impede a valid actors skills.
Perhaps he feels her acting skills were involved in her apology. I certainly do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2016, 05:52 PM
 
3,138 posts, read 2,052,265 times
Reputation: 5031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny74 View Post
I strongly dislike:

Robin Williams, Tom Cruise, Kevin Bacon, Jim Carrey, Adam Sandler. I absolutely can't watch movies with them in it!


Is there anyone you can't stand to watch?
These guys.

For females, it's: Gweneth Paltrow, the always overrated Jennifer Lawrence; Jennifer Aniston, Amy Schumer, Monique..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2016, 05:59 PM
 
Location: PNW
2,212 posts, read 738,340 times
Reputation: 7226
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriNJ View Post
A number of people have mentioned Nicholas Cage. I've always liked his acting, but because of all that plastic surgery he has had, I LITERALLY cannot look at him any more. He just creeps me out with that weird Skeletor-like face. Doesn't anyone ever tell these people that they've had enough plastic surgery? No, of course not. There is money to be made.

He's in a war movie coming out soon and I think you'll be impressed, 'USS Indianapolis'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2016, 06:52 PM
 
Location: East of the Sun, West of the Moon
14,976 posts, read 16,555,590 times
Reputation: 28781
Will Smith - I just don't buy him in any role I have seen him in. I don't think he is a terribly good actor.

Tom Cruise - I liked him in the 80s, but his action career does nothing for me. I liked Minority Report, though.

Samuel Jackson - One note, one character. I swear like a sailor at times, but his foul mouth schtick is really worn thin.

There are other actors I don't care much for, but these three put me off their films entirely unless they are otherwise very compelling for other reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top