U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2016, 10:17 PM

1,953 posts, read 759,283 times

Advertisements

Bing Crosby - creepy wife beater, cheater, driver-of-starlets-to-suicide, and child abuser. Bob Hope could barely stand the man.

Rock Hudson - closeted gay guy (that was not the problem) who knowingly infected his male live in lover with AIDS (THAT was the problem)

David Niven - raper of 12 year old girls, and he paid to do it.

Charlton Heston - crazy conservative head case. Incredibly ignorant. I once watched him on the Johnny Carson show talking about getting a manicure and how nice it was that they "squeezed the fat out of his skin" - they were popping his pimples and blackheads and he didn't know that's what they were. *shudder* Really a gross, ignorant, uncompassionate guy.

Woodie Allen - having sex with his adopted daughter. It's still incest when you adopt them. Even if you marry them later.

Charlie Sheen. Seriously.

Sean Penn (and I do NOT understand how anyone ever thought this man was "sexy", even when he was younger) - tied his then-wife Madonna to a chair and beat her and screamed at her for hours until she convinced him to let her go to the bathroom, where she escaped out the window. Among other things.

Russel Crowe, for general jacka**ery

Tom Cruise - egotistical jacka**. Also crazy-pants member of the Church of Scientology. He's like 5' 7" tall - which is NOT short - and insists on standing on boxes so he won't look short next to his costars. Dude. You're 5" taller than I am. *I* am short. You are not. Get over yourself! I hope Oprah made him pay for that couch.

Dr. Dre - beat a woman up at a party in FRONT of people because he was miffed with her. Did not go to jail. There is not enough community service in the world to make up for that.

Mel Gibson - crazy drunken bigot. Go back to Australia.

Alec Baldwin - for his abusive behavior to his then 11-year-old daughter. You didn't REALLY think it was just the one phone call, did you?

Nicholas Cage and Keanu Reaves - I don't know what either of these guys are like personally, but they are TERRIBLE TERRIBLE actors, the both of them. I don't understand how either one has ever had a career. While most of the above are bad people, these guys are just bad actors. I'll take that any day over bad people, but still ...

Jim Carey - also have no idea of his personal proclivities. But he is SUCH a bad actor (at least in everything I've ever seen bits and pieces of) that I literally cannot stand to watch him for more than about 3 minutes. As an especially bad actor with a gigantic career (at least at one time), he is SO bad at it that I felt he deserved his own little space on this list.

Bill Cosby - I think you are a sad old man who doesn't really know quite what is going on anymore, but I also think you have made a habit out of sexually assaulting and raping young women. I think a lot of what you say these days is coming from a half-senile wreck of a brain - but that doesn't let you off the hook for what you were up to BEFORE you got old and half-crazy.

There are numerous celebrities who are also bad people - pretty much all of them it seems like. But even if they have acting jobs and call themselves actors, they're really just celebrities and if we all ignore them long enough maybe they'll all go away. Or at least get some mental health help. Drug rehab wouldn't be amiss in most instances, either.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2016, 10:21 PM

1,953 posts, read 759,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Bummer, you are missing her on Frankie and Grace. It's a great show. And like most people we apologize for our past actions and move on. Sad that you allow her actions from 40 years ago to impede a valid actors skills.
Actually I hate Jane Fonda too. Not for anything political, but because she's a terrible actor. And yes, I've seen her in Frankie and Grace (and hated that show as well).

I recently re-watched On Golden Pond. She RUINED that movie, absolutely ruined it. I am really looking forward to the day when we can digitally remaster that movie to remove her from it entirely and substitute someone who could actually act.

Old 10-31-2016, 10:31 PM

4,554 posts, read 2,031,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
I'm sick of seeing Sam Jackson in darn near every movie as well - screeching and cursing and annoying.
I'm not a big Denzel fan either but he is a good actor - I just think he's overrated in both looks and ability.
Woody Allen - I liked his earlier movies but now he just seems like a disgusting, old pedophile to me.
Mel Gibson - he should just fade into the woodwork with his millions and never act or direct again.
Jennifer Lopez - she is too old to be keep playing the sweet, young thing who finds the man of her dreams.
Julia Roberts
Jennifer Aniston
Adam Sandler, Will Farrell, Jack Black, Ben Stiller (all the same talentless waste of film types)
I never saw the appeal of Will Smith either or Martin Lawrence.
Chris Tucker always struck me as an Eddie Murphy wannabe.
Just an aside, I like Julia Roberts, but my cocker spaniel goes into barking fits whenever I am watching a movie with her in it. It's just so weird. He is a really quiet dog. This is the ONLY thing he has ever barked at on the tv.????

Old 10-31-2016, 10:36 PM

4,554 posts, read 2,031,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewackette View Post
Actually I hate Jane Fonda too. Not for anything political, but because she's a terrible actor. And yes, I've seen her in Frankie and Grace (and hated that show as well).

I recently re-watched On Golden Pond. She RUINED that movie, absolutely ruined it. I am really looking forward to the day when we can digitally remaster that movie to remove her from it entirely and substitute someone who could actually act.
You're really funny! First smile today.

Old 11-01-2016, 03:21 AM

5,165 posts, read 2,402,480 times
Julia Roberts, Julia Roberts, Julia Roberts, Julia Roberts, Julia Roberts, well, you get the idea (takes a breath), Julia Roberts....

Old 11-01-2016, 03:49 AM

14,531 posts, read 11,520,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny74 View Post
I strongly dislike:

Robin Williams, Tom Cruise, Kevin Bacon, Jim Carrey, Adam Sandler. I absolutely can't watch movies with them in it!

Is there anyone you can't stand to watch?
yes Jim Carrey and Adam Sandler for different reason though. Robin Williams was over the top and made me feel stressed at times, Tom and Kevin I dont mind at all.

Old 11-01-2016, 04:56 AM

14,531 posts, read 11,520,915 times
Quote:

cant stand that woman for many reasons

Old 11-01-2016, 05:13 AM

274 posts, read 158,021 times
Julia Roberts. She basically plays herself in every movie she's in. Very wooden, and IMO not very attractive at all.

George Clooney. Same as above.

Sean Penn and Susan Sarandon can act, but fer cryin' out loud get off the soapbox.

Old 11-01-2016, 10:02 AM

4,879 posts, read 2,164,669 times
Quote:

Appreciate your opinion. Disagree that a movie that received so many "Best" Awards was ruined ( in your mind) by one versed actor. Most average viewers of film are remiss of the dynamics of the entire film montage. From Directing, editing, screenplay,Lighting, sound, and the acting techniques. I studied Film in college - basic as it was since its filled with many sub divisions of the arts. Still I doubt that such a term of ruining applies to this particular cast member. But as a famous actor once said, what the average person lacks, They make up!

You may well have a talent for fiction writing.

Old 11-01-2016, 11:35 AM

11,267 posts, read 5,776,226 times
Ben Affleck
Matt Damon
Leonardo DiCaprio
Cameron Diaz
Lena Dunham
Kristen Stewart
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or