U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 10:51 AM

2,563 posts, read 1,732,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewackette View Post
Bing Crosby - creepy wife beater, cheater, driver-of-starlets-to-suicide, and child abuser. Bob Hope could barely stand the man.

Rock Hudson - closeted gay guy (that was not the problem) who knowingly infected his male live in lover with AIDS (THAT was the problem)

David Niven - raper of 12 year old girls, and he paid to do it.

Charlton Heston - crazy conservative head case. Incredibly ignorant. I once watched him on the Johnny Carson show talking about getting a manicure and how nice it was that they "squeezed the fat out of his skin" - they were popping his pimples and blackheads and he didn't know that's what they were. *shudder* Really a gross, ignorant, uncompassionate guy.

Woodie Allen - having sex with his adopted daughter. It's still incest when you adopt them. Even if you marry them later.

Charlie Sheen. Seriously.

Sean Penn (and I do NOT understand how anyone ever thought this man was "sexy", even when he was younger) - tied his then-wife Madonna to a chair and beat her and screamed at her for hours until she convinced him to let her go to the bathroom, where she escaped out the window. Among other things.

Russel Crowe, for general jacka**ery

Tom Cruise - egotistical jacka**. Also crazy-pants member of the Church of Scientology. He's like 5' 7" tall - which is NOT short - and insists on standing on boxes so he won't look short next to his costars. Dude. You're 5" taller than I am. *I* am short. You are not. Get over yourself! I hope Oprah made him pay for that couch.

Dr. Dre - beat a woman up at a party in FRONT of people because he was miffed with her. Did not go to jail. There is not enough community service in the world to make up for that.

Mel Gibson - crazy drunken bigot. Go back to Australia.

Alec Baldwin - for his abusive behavior to his then 11-year-old daughter. You didn't REALLY think it was just the one phone call, did you?

Nicholas Cage and Keanu Reaves - I don't know what either of these guys are like personally, but they are TERRIBLE TERRIBLE actors, the both of them. I don't understand how either one has ever had a career. While most of the above are bad people, these guys are just bad actors. I'll take that any day over bad people, but still ...

Jim Carey - also have no idea of his personal proclivities. But he is SUCH a bad actor (at least in everything I've ever seen bits and pieces of) that I literally cannot stand to watch him for more than about 3 minutes. As an especially bad actor with a gigantic career (at least at one time), he is SO bad at it that I felt he deserved his own little space on this list.

Bill Cosby - I think you are a sad old man who doesn't really know quite what is going on anymore, but I also think you have made a habit out of sexually assaulting and raping young women. I think a lot of what you say these days is coming from a half-senile wreck of a brain - but that doesn't let you off the hook for what you were up to BEFORE you got old and half-crazy.

There are numerous celebrities who are also bad people - pretty much all of them it seems like. But even if they have acting jobs and call themselves actors, they're really just celebrities and if we all ignore them long enough maybe they'll all go away. Or at least get some mental health help. Drug rehab wouldn't be amiss in most instances, either.
Wow!! You really do keep up with these movie stars, don't you?. Have you ever considered writing a vicious gossip column?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2016, 10:53 AM

33,949 posts, read 32,379,274 times
Strictly based on their movies not what they say or do off-screen.

Uma Thurman, Julianne Moore, Ewan McGregor

I don't watch hardly any comedies so haven't considered any actors known for comedies, one way or the other. Example: I've never seen Will Ferrell in anything.

Old 11-01-2016, 11:56 AM

339 posts, read 289,208 times
Kevin Hart
Rebel Wilson

Cannot stand either. Don't understand the appeal or why people insist they're funny.

Old 11-01-2016, 12:02 PM

1,890 posts, read 1,243,823 times
I dislike all actors, in a few more years, animation should be good enough to eliminate the need for any actor. Adam Sandler and Nicholas Cage should be first to go.

Old 11-01-2016, 12:14 PM

2,212 posts, read 4,331,198 times
Tom Hanks!

Old 11-01-2016, 12:43 PM

11,258 posts, read 5,755,032 times
Forgot Mel Gibson, he's an absolute *******

Also Chris Brown (he appeared in movies so it counts), I have no idea how he is not in jail now. He should've been in jail a million times at this point

Old 11-01-2016, 01:06 PM

2,241 posts, read 2,189,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
Tom Cruise
Leonardo DiCaprio
Sean Penn

I prefer actors to act not use their soapbox to talk politics etc.

I agree. Especially when it appears they have bought into one side hook, line and sinker without even listening to the other side's viewpoints (that goes for everyone else who does that in the world too, but celebrities are just more noticeable with it).

Old 11-01-2016, 03:20 PM

4,938 posts, read 2,563,814 times
Matthew McConaughey
Oprah
George Clooney
Mel Gibson
Tom Cruise
Jennifer Aniston
Amy Schumer--I really want to like her, but every time I hear her being interviewed or on her stand up comedy I just cringe.

Old 11-01-2016, 03:42 PM

1,222 posts, read 1,217,870 times
I worked a very large number of off-duty security details for movie & television filming. The majority of contact I had with actors and actresses was very positive. The two that come to mind that were major problem children were Jack Nicholson and Barbra Streisand. Egos as big as the U.S.A.

Old 11-01-2016, 03:50 PM

3,290 posts, read 2,180,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins3445 View Post
Kevin Hart
Rebel Wilson

Cannot stand either. Don't understand the appeal or why people insist they're funny.
I don't know why people find Kevin Hart funny either - can't stand that screechy, over-the-top voice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or