U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 12:44 AM

17,681 posts, read 18,302,513 times

Advertisements

I hate how the little red line under the videos or the "watched" in the corner is no longer on most of my viewed videos. So that means they keep popping up on my front page, I click on it to only find out I've already watched when it begins. <inserting a big fat thumbs down here>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2017, 08:27 AM

2,660 posts, read 1,184,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
I have to use a google plus account, and enter a first and last name.
I wasn't aware of this until I posted a comment on a video & then my real name came up because I had a old Gmail account !
Then you can't even retract it !
The ads are annoying as well too.

Old 01-05-2017, 03:21 PM

6,068 posts, read 9,355,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
What's annoying is how they forced Google+, and Gmail integration into it. Google+ is their absolutely terrible terrible , non-user friendly version of social networking. I can't believe the way Google+ is now is the best Google could come up with. The older version of it was actually better.
That is also my only and biggest dislike.
Imho, that was a big "FU" to existing users.
I personally never liked Google and how they did business despite all the -seemingly- free products they offered.
For instance, gmail and how they scan the e-mails for keywords for analytical and advertisement purposes.
Not to mention allowing certain government organizations to monitor data traffic based on other "buzz" word based algorithms.

Old 01-09-2017, 05:48 PM

783 posts, read 208,323 times
We'll eventually have to pay for everything that was once free.

I don't mind the ads that much because I still get to watch videos/listen to songs for free.

Old 01-12-2017, 01:40 PM

7,366 posts, read 14,765,491 times
I don't mind the ads, just the increased frequency. I don't need to watch an ad for every 30 seconds of video time.

As for the recommended video's, it has always been that. I remember when it first came out I was researching sometime on Lions and watching videos on it and the recommended videos after that was women jumpin on trampolines. Though, I am grateful for that.

Old 01-13-2017, 12:06 PM

4,173 posts, read 4,968,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
I hate how the little red line under the videos or the "watched" in the corner is no longer on most of my viewed videos. So that means they keep popping up on my front page, I click on it to only find out I've already watched when it begins. <inserting a big fat thumbs down here>

This. It's almost like my suggestions list now has now become a recently watched videos list. I do not like this.

As far as commercials.. Youtube was a revenue loser for years, it was only a matter of time...The ads are easy to get rid of on a pc or laptop. Haven't figured it out on my phone yet.

Old 01-13-2017, 01:20 PM

224 posts, read 101,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clawsondude View Post
I don't have a problem with most of what you are complaining about.

Advertisements- I also find them annoying, but I also understand that Youtube is a business and needs to make money somehow. They aren't providing an outlet to upload and watch videos for fun.

Movies and TV shows- These things also aren't free and for the most part have copyrights owned by someone. These people deserve to be paid for use of their property.
How many years? I can understand if it is a fairly new movie. But when your talking about shows that are more than 30 years old give me a break. They should be released when they are that old.

Old 01-13-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
omg they are getting terrible with the ads they are trying to get people to sign up for their monthly subscription service. I knew it was only a matter of time I'm surprised they didn't do it years ago. I think it's kind of bs though they are essentially making money off of content that other people post. Yes some people make money off of making Youtube videos but from what I understand you have to get millions of views for it to amount to much. They're getting too greedy and are a monopoly I'd like to see a competitor come up and challenge them.
Completely agreed! Rep awarded lol!

Old 01-13-2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
This! It was bad enough that Google kept changing and screwing up YouTube's layout and features, but when they started forcing all that other crap, that was it.
Agree completely, they should've left it the way it was, imo.

Old 02-09-2017, 10:15 AM

46 posts, read 17,246 times
You can block the ads. The Firefox browser and UBlock add on (or adblock) works. It's wonderful
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts