U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2016, 01:26 AM

224 posts, read 101,394 times

Advertisements

To me ever since Google has taken over Youtube. I think it has gotten worse, especially with the annoying ads.

Plus I'm seeing more and more nudity on Youtube which in the past you would of never seen. Plus if you ever want to use this for work or school function or any of the like then you can't have suggestions of naked girl videos to watch.

You used to be able to watch really old movies on there for free, but now you have to pay for everything on Youtube. I used to be able to watch old Dukes n Hazzard shows on there for free, but not anymore. I could have even watched several John Wayne movies. I'm a history buff and I like to watch old movies about frogmen and stuff like that. But since Google has taken over its worse imo.

Does anyone else feel this way or is it only me?
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 02:52 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,007,135 times
I have to use a google plus account, and enter a first and last name.

Old 12-17-2016, 10:36 PM

26,169 posts, read 11,574,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbracing33b
To me ever since Google has taken over Youtube. I think it has gotten worse, especially with the annoying ads.
Yup your quite right about that bud!!!

Old 12-21-2016, 09:42 AM

4,270 posts, read 3,193,577 times
What's annoying is how they forced Google+, and Gmail integration into it. Google+ is their absolutely terrible terrible , non-user friendly version of social networking. I can't believe the way Google+ is now is the best Google could come up with. The older version of it was actually better.

I recommend you make a fake Google account just for use on Youtube and similar sites because Youtube and the Google integration now has so many issues with privacy.

I'm guessing LinkedIn integration is next next so employers can start snooping what I watch on Youtube.

Old 12-21-2016, 09:48 AM

805 posts, read 309,243 times
I don't have a problem with most of what you are complaining about.

Advertisements- I also find them annoying, but I also understand that Youtube is a business and needs to make money somehow. They aren't providing an outlet to upload and watch videos for fun.

Movies and TV shows- These things also aren't free and for the most part have copyrights owned by someone. These people deserve to be paid for use of their property.

Old 12-21-2016, 03:35 PM

10,573 posts, read 1,143,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbracing33b View Post

Plus I'm seeing more and more nudity on Youtube which in the past you would of never seen. Plus if you ever want to use this for work or school function or any of the like then you can't have suggestions of naked girl videos to watch.

You used to be able to watch really old movies on there for free, but now you have to pay for everything on Youtube. I used to be able to watch old Dukes n Hazzard shows on there for free, but not anymore. I could have even watched several John Wayne movies. I'm a history buff and I like to watch old movies about frogmen and stuff like that. But since Google has taken over its worse imo.

Does anyone else feel this way or is it only me?
I have also noticed more inappropriate video suggestions or search results.I dont really have much of a problem with the commercials but I have noticed more of them.

Old 12-24-2016, 01:31 PM

4,270 posts, read 3,193,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
I have also noticed more inappropriate video suggestions or search results.I dont really have much of a problem with the commercials but I have noticed more of them.
omg they are getting terrible with the ads they are trying to get people to sign up for their monthly subscription service. I knew it was only a matter of time I'm surprised they didn't do it years ago. I think it's kind of bs though they are essentially making money off of content that other people post. Yes some people make money off of making Youtube videos but from what I understand you have to get millions of views for it to amount to much. They're getting too greedy and are a monopoly I'd like to see a competitor come up and challenge them.

Old 12-24-2016, 01:42 PM

230 posts, read 99,466 times
I have no complaints. Any music I care to hear on on there for free. Also lots of documentaries and other programming.

Old 12-26-2016, 07:25 PM

6,060 posts, read 1,244,020 times
i dont mind, if google had not taken over, youtube would be like vevo or that bing video (forgot name) which means i would not have as much to watch

so what if youtube has ads, the alternatives are bad enough that ads arent worth buying on them, that says more about them than the fact that there are no ads

Old 12-27-2016, 05:46 PM

1,753 posts, read 879,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
What's annoying is how they forced Google+, and Gmail integration into it.
This! It was bad enough that Google kept changing and screwing up YouTube's layout and features, but when they started forcing all that other crap, that was it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts