U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 10:47 PM

3,691 posts, read 1,602,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I think you completely missed the analogy.

But Netflix does allow you to maintain a library of only films that you will watch and nothing else. That is your queue.
"My list"

But still, why not allow the option for individuals to delete choices they dont want to see.

It can be done.

Old 03-31-2017, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
What about "library of titles for all to view" vs "titles that you put into your personal queue" are you not understanding? It's a basic concept. Your rant is completely illogical.
Lol.

If they can pick titles to your liking there should still be an option to delete the garbage. Lets be honest.....80 to 90% of the titles on Netflix are complete garbage

Old 03-31-2017, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredhel View Post
This is your solution, OP. Learn how to use Netflix. It's like Amazon: the more information you give the system to work with, and the longer you use it, the smarter the site gets and the more movies and TV shows you'll enjoy watching will show up on the main page after you log in. (The main page is NOT your profile, it just features selections from the larger Netflix library.)
See post #21

Old 04-01-2017, 01:41 AM

17,678 posts, read 18,295,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
But still, why not allow the option for individuals to delete choices they dont want to see.

It can be done.
They use to have this feature if you didn't want foreign films, zombies, closed captions or whatever you could customize your profile to whatever choices you made. Sadly they didn't away with it.

Bottom line is for $8-$10 bucks per month even with most being "garbage" it is still cheap entertainment when you compare it to satellite or a cable bill.

I don't like they did away with telling your what language a selection is you have to start the movie to find out when using streaming.

Old 04-01-2017, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
They use to have this feature if you didn't want foreign films, zombies, closed captions or whatever you could customize your profile to whatever choices you made. Sadly they didn't away with it.

Bottom line is for $8-$10 bucks per month even with most being "garbage" it is still cheap entertainment when you compare it to satellite or a cable bill.

I don't like they did away with telling your what language a selection is you have to start the movie to find out when using streaming.
In any case.....it should be an option

Old 04-02-2017, 05:32 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,286,711 times
Quote:
In any case.....it should be an option
Well it's not. So you can learn to live with it (like the rest of us do), or not.

Old 04-02-2017, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Well it's not. So you can learn to live with it (like the rest of us do), or not.

Lol.. I just finished better call Saul again on my free trial. I'll finish blue bloods, watch breaking bad again, sons of anarchy and I'll probably get rid of it in a month or two

Old 04-03-2017, 08:32 AM

8,873 posts, read 3,840,020 times
Quote:

Lol.. I just finished better call Saul again on my free trial. I'll finish blue bloods, watch breaking bad again, sons of anarchy and I'll probably get rid of it in a month or two
Great, then quit whining about something so inconsequential.

Old 04-03-2017, 02:20 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,202,440 times
Quote:
This is moronic.

My home dvd collection is titles that I chose to buy.

Netflix should allow individuals to delete titles that they don't want and will NEVER watch.
But you are not buying anything from Netflix. You are paying for a streaming service, which is the similar to you going into a Blockbuster or Red Box and renting movies. If there's something specific you are looking for you can search for it. Once you start watching, Netflix will start suggesting things more to your taste.

Old 04-03-2017, 02:22 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,202,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredhel View Post
This is your solution, OP. Learn how to use Netflix. It's like Amazon: the more information you give the system to work with, and the longer you use it, the smarter the site gets and the more movies and TV shows you'll enjoy watching will show up on the main page after you log in. (The main page is NOT your profile, it just features selections from the larger Netflix library.)
Exactly! OP, learn how to use Netflix. It is a digital library. To you walk into your public library and tell them to get rid of all the books you wouldn't read?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts